☆ Only U.

Precarious

Darkness. 

A dimly lit stage covered in water that would have gone by unnoticed if it wasn’t for the few lights sparkling at the calm surface. 
The lights showed slight ripples moving outward from a disturbance as yet unseen.
A lone spotlight moves gently through the darkness wandering as if searching for something.

Alone. 

White strap dress drapes elegantly over her body, smoothing it’s way over her curves as it flows down past her knees. She stands almost motionless head uplifted eyes hidden behind a lace blindfold. She is paused, trembling slightly as she appears to listen for any sound, any noise in the darkness surrounding her. 
There, in the center of the stage, she hears a noise. Taking a nervous breath she shifts her head slightly, turning towards the pianissimo music.  

Warning. 

The water breaks into small waves interrupting the twinkling lights reflection. A perfectly tanned hand sneaks it’s way out of the darkness to silence the girl who sharply inhales. 
Piano still playing a bittersweet melody as a masked face whispers into her ear. 
Thy salvation is nigh.
An evil smirk plays on the lips of the stranger as the hand not grasping her shoulder brushes from down her neck trailing between her s and finally rests at her waist. 
The music intensifies. He spins her, pulling her abruptly into him and begins to lead her body in a dance.
Holding her tight against him he rushes their steps leading her, trying desperately to convey the emotions he has pent up. His body re-lives the despair, triumph, frustration and as the emotion courses through every fiber of his being, she is dragged as a hesitant partner around the stage. Whirling her around, he never lets his eyes stray, not taking his eyes off of her for a second. Mesmerized by her he loses focus pulling her back to him harshly. The move strong enough to lift her feet from the ground, abruptly stopping when she collides with his muscular chest forcing the breath from her lungs. 
 
Danger.
 
Urgently pulling air back into her abused lungs she steps back. And then another step as the horrifying reality of her situation catches up to her tired brain. She pushes off him as she begins to blindly flee from the intruder. She races breathlessly, unseeingly through the dark, no thought in her mind but to escape. 
She pauses panting for breath, feeling safe in the distance she has run. She lifts her head searching hoping desperately to see through the veil covering her eyes. Looking for the safe direction to run. She pauses again, standing much like she did at the beginning of this journey. She rests for a minute feeling safe for this moment in time. Then she feels it, the alarming waves in the water warning her that she is no longer alone. Before she can ascertain which direction to take he is there. His breath fans her neck and she freezes in fear. His hand cups the side of her head and she turns her head away. He ghosts his lips over her cheek breathing into her ear. She reaches a hand up to grasp his hair to pull him away from her when she stops. The sense of something familiar overcomes her. A texture, and a scent. It feels like him. She ponders this for a split second, and he takes advantage of this momentary hesitation to turn her towards him. His mask falling from her hand as he moves her. He slides his hand to the small of her back, securing her body against his as his other hand peels off her blindfold. She blinks, eyes fighting to focus as she strives to see the face of her captor. The light brightens and her eyes widen in recognition. Her breath catches in and her pulse speeds up. She reaches up a hesitant hand, almost like she is afraid he will disappear. Lightly brushing his cheek she whispers “Is it really you?” She drank in the sight of him. It had been so long. He returns her gaze intently re-committing to memory her features. She looked like an innocent, fragile flower. Blonde hair, blue eyes, red lips. An angelic beauty while he was the total opposite. Dark eyes, dark hair and an intense gaze that would steal whatever was left of your soul.
 
Rain.

Leaning closer his eyes flick from hers to her lips. Her tongue nervously darts out to wet her lips making his eyes darken.
As if the skies were cursed, water pours down. He springs back looking upwards and cursing the heavens. Taking her hand he pulls her into a run again. The music rises to a crescendo as their bodies again tangle and dance their way across the open space. Water softly splashes around their feet as they try to escape from the place that once held her captive. He tries to shield her from the malicious drops of rain as she fights to do the same for him. Twisting and turning they dash onward. Clothes clinging to them before they had traveled far. Fitting like a second skin and hampering movements. It feels to her like the cloth is alive and trying to strangle them and stop her from finding her freedom. 
Ahead a ray of light. With renewed vigor he pulls her on after him. Aiming for the light that signals the end of the ordeal. They burst into the light. One step, bodies start to relax.
Two steps, a change in posture. By the time they reach the third step the light is brighter and for the first time she can see his face and she knows finally, finally it is over. 

Euphoria. 

She turns to him dancing lightly on her feet for the first time since they have been reunited. Her smile beaming as she expresses her joy with actions. She throws herself into his arms confident that he will always be there to catch her. He spins in circles, holding her by her waist. The music slows, changing tempo to something softer, something more intimate. The light around the pair warms and softens. He smiles up into her eyes and holds her close to him. She places her hands on his shoulders and he slowly lowers her to the ground, her body sliding down his until she comes to rest on the ground. Her eyes never leave his the entire time. He pulls her impossibly closer, and her hands ease up his neck to tangle in his dark hair, pulling him down to her. Her eyes slowly close as his breath mingles with hers. 
 
Smack.

“For the love of white pants Hakyeon, stop being a spineless flaccid phallus. If we can’t convince HER that we are deeply in love then how in the flying ducks of spoons are we going to convince a crowd full of strangers on opening night?”
Said guy shields his chest from getting another strike, a light shade of pink materializing on his cheeks. She smirks knowingly at him as he shifts awkwardly on his feet, a total opposite from the man she just danced with. 
“My god you are such a , it’s not even a real kiss you know. Nayeli, tell your man to get his act together or I swear to god I will start chopping off balls.”
She growls in the direction of the solitary audience member.
Nayeli gets up from her seat where she has been watching the scene unfold. 
Getting on to the stage she makes her way to Hakyeon with a smirk of her own. 
She intertwines their hands, pressing herself against him. 
Nibbling on his ear as she teasingly whispers.
Thatwas hot.”