The Tint Was So Clear, It Blinded Me

The Tint Was So Clear, It Blinded Me

Heechul looks out languidly at the sea of flashing lights before him and his fellow band mates. Those white lights are blinding and are flashing enough to make him dizzy – he wants to squint but he maintains his poker face, though it's not like anyone could see his eyes – and if he wasn't used to it, his dark, showy sunglasses would have been of little help to him. He is used to it though, in fact he finds solace in those multiple intermittent, gleaming sparks, because he is Kim Heechul and Kim Heechul isn't fazed in the slightest by flashing lights. He isn't fazed by busy schedules, lack of sleep, annoyingly repetitive questions aimed at him and those he considers brothers or the fact that he has to answer the questions directed at him either. He's clever, stubborn and doesn't need any form of support, not even after the extended press conference when they're all tired and can't wait to return to fall onto their bed's as they shuffle out of the company's van.

Heechul does need the support and would appreciate it, though he refuses to admit it, he could use a comforting hand and he's guessing that it shows as he just stands – and broods? – in the middle of their living room, because even after he has chased everyone who had tried to ease his frazzled nerves, they ultimately gave up and said goodnight to the world, Jungsu comes – yet again, it must be the third time – and hugs him, firm and comforting and Heechul is grateful but he can't help himself from snapping at the other before deciding against shooing him because while Heechul is stubborn and will always get his way, Jungsu is just as stubborn and will always be there to comfort everyone, to comfort Heechul, whether he's wanted or not.

But Jungsu gets tired as well because even though he's their strong, charismatic leader, he's only human. And it's then – when everyone else has finally succumbed to exhaustion and fallen asleep – Jungsu lays awake, curled up on the sofa, his fingers tracing senseless, frantic patterns onto the seat's armrest, worrying about everyone and everything at the same time, that Heechul finds him and flops onto the couch next to him. It's always the same, Heechul would want to scold Jungsu and tell him that if he goes on like this he would become their zombie leader, but as soon as Heechul turned to look at him he would see Jungsu's misty eyes, sad and red, and the frown tugging at his lips and at that point Heechul just wouldn't have the heart to berate Jungsu for caring too much. So Heechul would just wordlessly grab Jungsu's frantic hands and pull him into a hug and when the elder calmed down, because Heechul knew Jungsu was panicking on the inside, he would say,

“You're not alone,” and Jungsu would relax and Heechul would feel the faint smile tug at the other's lips before he fell asleep in Heechul's arms. And Heechul would swear to himself because he would either have to carry Jungsu to his room or stay with him outside on the couch when he could just leave and sleep in his soft bed. But, strangely in Heechul's opinion, he would stay outside with the older male and let him rest – and when he later found himself wondering why he justified it by stating Jungsu was heavy and he would never be able to drag him to his room, though Heechul knew it was a lie because he dragged Jungsu, and everyone else, around whenever he wanted.

So now Heechul lets Jungsu hug him and Heechul hugs back. He figures it must be some sort of silent agreement, to provide comfort for each other whenever it seemed necessary, but Heechul finds himself just wanting to hug Jungsu for the hell of it – he has wanted to do it before and he wants to do it now, is doing it now, and he's glad he has the excuse that Jungsu hugged him first – and he wants drag Jungsu to his room and make him sleep until his eyes are falling open. Heechul finds the he just wants to take care of Jungsu and he wants Jungsu to do the same. Actually, he wants Jungsu to dote on him, to compliment and encourage him more than Jungsu does everyone else, to come up to him when he's sad or frustrated or tired and ask for a hug, to think about him so much that Jungsu becomes bothered and awkward around him and that's when Heechul realizes he loves the other man in a rather romantic way and he actually didn't realize it.

How could he not realize it, but then again Heechul spends so much time with Jungsu, so how could he?

And Heechul scoffs and pulls out of Jungsu's embrace much to the other's confusion and Heechul realizes he didn't mean to do that and now he doesn't know what to say or do – and Heechul convinces himself that it's because he's tired – so Heechul pats Jungsu's shoulders with both hands and stares at the other, unsure of what to do now. So there's the possibility that he was currently in love with Jungsu. It was just a possibility, but if that's the case Heechul would have to wish for the other's happiness. But he would rather lay his claim on the elder because, suddenly, everyone was interested in Jungsu and Heechul realized he did not like that at all. Family, friends and fans were okay – in fact the three “f's” were great, they made them all feel like kings most of the time – but others were not. Not those others who more than likely used to pass Jungsu everyday and never say hello, who probably knew him almost as long as Heechul did and never bothered to give him the time of day, those others were not okay in the slightest.

Now Heechul realizes that he's been glaring through the tinted lens and he's been squeezing Jungsu's shoulders a little too tightly to be comfortable and he slackens his grip, it was all the apology Heechul would give right now, yet Jungsu just smiles at him as he reaches for Heechul's face and he's confused and was going to say something when Jungsu carefully pulled off his sunglasses. Heechul gives him a slightly puzzled look and asks why as he held the thick, tinted glasses to which Jungsu replies, "I like being able to see your eyes, besides there aren't any cameras here," with that dimpled smile of his and damn it was that smile always so dazzling? Maybe those fans weren't completely delusional. While Heechul was busy being dazed – and utterly foolish in his opinion, really if anyone should be swooning it should Jungsu – Jungsu was trying to get him to head off to bed because their schedules started early. Heechul barely entertained the notion of sleep, opting to get this strong, and surely temporary, infatuation with Jungsu over and done with. Heechul stopped letting Jungsu push him when they had reached the door of Heechul's room and he promptly spun on his heel to face the elder man.

“What if I said I liked you?” he asked suddenly and Jungsu gave him a confused look. “You said you like seeing my eyes,” Jungsu blushed a bit and Heechul smirked as he continued, “what if I said I like you?”

Jungsu seemed to be looking at everything else now and there wasn't much else to look at, ”Well... what could I say?”

And Heechul being the impatient, obstinate person that he is, promptly kissed Jungsu full on the lips and he caught himself thinking they were better – softer, fuller, not as chapped as they looked at that moment – than he had thought and he didn't even remember thinking about the other's lips before, that was a little weird. But not as weird as the surprisingly warm sensation he felt spreading from where his lips met Jungsu's to every inch of his being, and while Heechul's kissed a lot of people, with tongue and all, he doesn't remember this warmth that he just wants to lock away safely inside his chest so he can feel it for as long as his heart beats.

When Heechul pulls away, he finds it hard not to smirk at Jungsu's surprised expression, “You could say you like me back.”

Jungsu eyes him curiously – suspiciously – and replied with a slight curve to his lips, “What if I didn't like you back?”

Heechul's eyes flicked from Jungsu's eyes to his lips and back before he leaned in close to Jungsu again, finding that he liked the challenging tone in the other's voice, “I'd make you like me back.”

“How would you do that?” the question is more in Jungsu's eyes than in his voice.

Heechul smirks again, “I'd use every way possible,” and Heechul kisses Jungsu again and this time he feels the warmth and a smile against his lips.