FINAL

One Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi peek her head inside Minhyuk's office, a wide smile plastered on her face as she spot him working on his desk. Both have been best friends ever since high school. They were always together even in college and Seulgi got scared with the thought that they would part when they graduate, but, it was a surprising but a relieving moment when Minhyuk had announced to her that they will be working at the same company.

They have been working for more than a year now. Seulgi loves working there; the people are great, and she got to see Minhyuk everyday. Also, another reason why she love it there is because of the parties that they held. Aside from the formal gatherings, they also do parties at clubs which Seulgi loves so much. And tonight, there will be a company party later that night and their boss had rented a club for all the people in their department.

Seulgi had always been playful to the extent that Minhyuk always call her childsh and seeing that her best friend has his back on her, a cheeky idea came to her. Seulgi tiptoed inside the room as to not make any noise. She hovered behind him and she was about to surprise her best friend when the swivel chair he was sitting on suddenly turned with her best friend, Minhyuk, sitting there; arms crossed over his chest and an eyebrow raised, glaring at her. Seulgi pouts at her childish failed attempt to surprise Minhyuk. He always gets her

“Seriously? I'm really questioning your mentality right now. Are you sure you’re an adult and not a toddler trapped in a women’s body?” Minhyuk  asked mockingly , leaning his back at the chair. Seulgi is already used to his snippy attitude, she learned not to take his words to heart a long time ago.. Seulgi tutted as she sat on Minhyuk’s desk, carelessly crossing a leg over the other. “Tsk. You’re just no fun, Minhyuk-ah. And speaking of fun, we’re going to the party tonight!” Seulgi clapped her hands happily. Unknown to her, Minhyuk was eyeing her legs and her exposed thighs. He cleared his throat and adverted his gaze, cursing himself for acting like a ert to his own best friend. To his best friend who doesn’t seem to have grown up, except for her body. 

Minhyuk abruptly stood up to distract his self and took his coat from the back of his chair and draped it over Seulgi’s lap. He placed his hands at either side of her, trapping her as he lean close to her. "You really need to be cautious with yourself, you know?" He whispered while he stare into her eyes. But Seulgi just stared back at him in confusion. Sighing, Minhyuk pushed himself away from her and sat back at his swivel chair.  

“What party?” he asked when he remember what his best friend said. Seulgi rolled her eyes at her best friend’s ignorance, “The party that the head is throwing for the department? Didn’t you read the announcement?” Minhyuk shook his head, his eyes on his laptop, “I don’t need to read the announcements, you always come here before I could read it.” He mumbled, not looking at her, but he can still see her nodding her head in agreement at his side. 

“So you’re coming right?” Seulgi tilted her head to the side, as she did,  her hair blocking Minhyuk's vision. Minhyuk groaned at her childishness and pushed her head away with a finger. “I don’t really have a choice, do I? Go back to your office, I still have hours left of peace before I baby sit you.” Seulgi hit him in the head with her knuckles before running out of his office, leaving a pained Minhyuk behind.

 

Both Seulgi and Minhyuk arrived at the club later that everyone else because she still need to wait for Minhyuk to be done. She was frustrated with Minhyuk because of being so workaholic, but she can't complain since he's her ride. It was already dark when they arrive and the club was already swarm with a lot of their co-workers. Didn’t realize I have these many officemates, Seulgi thought.

As they enter the club, Minhyuk furtively s his arm on Seulgi’s waist as to not lose her in the crowd. Entering the crowd, they search for their friends. Minhyuk was the one who saw them first and he walk to their direction, bringing her with him. They both sat beside each other as they greet their friends. Unbeknown to them, their friends were already eyeing them ever since they enter the club - a plan in their heads.

“Party time!!!!” One of their friends, Eunkwang, shouted with a bottle of beer on one hand and his tie already tied on his forehead. Seulgi laughed at the ridiculous sight of him. Everyone's planning to get wasted that night.

Seulgi wanted to drink but Eunkwang keeps on giving Minhyuk drinks and the boy can't decline his senior so now he's getting tipsy and the baby sitting role switched. Every time they go out to drink, they have a rule that one should not drink in case something bad happened and tonigiht is Seulgi's time not to drink. 

The night grew deeper and the party was becoming wilder. The dance floor is full of drunk poeple and many had already passed out, others were being pulled by their friends out of the club already. Minhyuk was already getting pretty drunk as well, sitting beside Seulgi while she stay sober beside him. They were just taking a break from dancing, Minhyuk’s head was lolling at his side as he keeps falling asleep. Seeing this, Seulgi guided his head to lean on her shoulder. She look at him and tapped his face, “Yah! I thought you’re the one baby sitting tonight?” She teased but Minhyuk just grunted and just shifted his position, he now has his whole face hidden on her neck. 

Seulgi giggled as Minhyuk’s nose keeps on tickling her neck. She tried pushing his head off her but he hugged his arms around her waist and started tickling her for real. “Minhyuk, stop!” Seulgi was laughing so hard while Minhyuk tickles her more while making cooing sounds, they were now lying down on the couch they were sitting at. 

Suddenly, Minhyuk was pulled away from her by Eunkwang and sat on his lap. “Minhyukkiee~” Eunkwang cooed at Minhyuk in a high-pitched annoying girly voice while wiggling  in front of Minhyuk’s face, the latter flirted back to the older guy, trying but failing to bite the older guy’s finger. 

Seulgi just watched them both, laughing at the ridiculous view when a glass popped at her face “You should drink this.” She tilted her head up at the glass in front of her. “No thank you, I don’t think I should drink tonight. Minhyuk’s drunk already. One of us needs to stay sober” She politely declined Ilhoon, another friend of theirs. “Don’t worry, it’s just orange juice.” Ilhoon smiled when Seulgi accepted the drink. After confirming that it was just juice, Seulgi drank it. She didn’t see the smirk playing at the guy’s face and the others around their table.

 

The party was over and Minhyuk was sitting at the back of his car with a fidgeting Seulgi beside him. Two of their friends volunteered to drive them back to Minhyuk’s apartment. 

Seulgi wasn’t feeling good. She feels hot. So ing hot. She ed her blouse, leaving her open in Minhyuk’s sight. The latter openly stared at her body, his drunken state preventing him from thinking straight. “Oh my God! She’s stripping, Changsub! I don’t want to see a live show! Hurry the fck up!” Wendy panicked in the passenger seat while watching with wide eyes at her two friends in the backseat. “I am! I Am! Don’t pressure me, goddammit!” Changsub yelled back, stepping at the accelerator. As much as he wants his friends to be together, he’s not really into voyeurism. 

He almost wanted to cry when he heard slopping sounds from behind. “OHMYGOD! They’re French kissing! Hurry up! I’m too young for this!” Wendy was also getting hysterical beside him. He jumped at his seat when he felt her climb to the backseat. He heard struggling from behind and looking at the rearview mirror, he saw Wendy pulling Seulgi from Minhyuk who just groaned in protest while Seulgi started whining. , she’s really drugged. Changsub felt a gush of guilt but he just ignored it. 

When they arrived at Minhyuk’s apartment, Changsub pulled Minhyuk out - not looking at the now half- Seulgi – while Wendy helped her friend out. They carried them up to Minhyuk’s apartment. When they got in, they placed them both inside the bedroom before locking the door.

Changsub and Wendy became quiet for a while, staring at nothingness. Wendy looked at him, “They’re going to be alright. Everything’s going to be fine.” He answered her unspoken question. They know what they did was wrong, forcing two people to sleep together is wrong, but they just cared for their friends so much. Everyone knows that both of them have feelings for each other, everyone can see it - except them. They were so blinded of the idea of them being best friends. They just want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter