Chapter 14 - Kyungsoo

Society's Rejects

Kyungsoo stood outside Jongin's class, waiting for lunch so the younger's class went out.

The pengiun was nervous... very nervous.

It was like Junmyeon wanted to destroy Kyungsoo by making him talk to Jongin. It's been a long time since the pair talked to each other, since the kiss.

"Go to lunch!" Kyungsoo heard the teacher inside the classroom say, and immediatley the penguin moved to one side of the door, his anxiety growing.

He watched as the students rushed out, some even running to the cafeteria. He waited, waited until everyone had left the classroom, the teacher as well. He waited some more, despite the fact that nobody was coming out anymore. Did Kyungsoo miss him? Because the older didn't see Jongin exit the class.

Kyungsoo pondered on the thought that Jongin may have skipped class, but after thinking to no use, he peeked his head inside the room.

Sure enough, Jongin was still at his desk, with his head down, sleeping.

"J-Jongin...?"

The boy in question didn't look up. Kyungsoo thought he fell asleep, inching himself closer and closer to the younger boy.

In truth, Jongin was still awake. He thought he was dreaming. Jongin dreamt of Kyungsoo almost everynight, and when he wasn't dreaming of the pengiun, he was having nightmares.

"Jongin." Kyungsoo repeated, shaking the younger boy this time.

No matter how real Jongin's dreams got, he could never forget that touch. That touch that sent a million of bolts through him.

Jongin snapped his head up, his eyes wide in suprise.

"K-Kyungsoo?" Jongin didn't feel like it was real. Why would the older boy, be coming to him?

The pengiun held his breath. He didn't know what to say. Well, actually he did know what to say, but now it was like everything was blank. He forgot what he actually came in here for. He forgot how handsome Kim Jongin is.

"Heechul-hyung's birthday..." Kyungsoo said awkwardly after minutes of silence.

Jongin wasn't listening. He forgot what it was like, to look into Kyungsoo's eyes. He forgot how Kyungsoo made him lose all rationality. He forgot what it was like to hear Kyungsoo's voice, just the two of them. He forgot how beautiful and kissable Kyungsoo's heart shaped lips were.

"The guys are throwing hyung a party, for his birthday. We need your help, J-jongin."

That snapped Jongin back to reality.

The younger got up abruptly, scaring the older. Jongin scoffed, about to walk out of the room.

Kyunsoo grabbed him by the wrist, an action that shocked the both of them. Jongin didn't look at Kyungsoo's eyes.

"Seriously?" Kyungsoo asked. "What right do you have to be mad at me? Honestly. You kissed me! You stole my first kiss, and you didn't even give me a chance to explain why I pushed you away! Yo-"

"Let go of me." Jongin warned. If Kyungsoo wasn't so fired up at the moment, he would have obeyed, but he was angry. He was finally letting it all out.

"No!" Jongin shook at the older's yelling, his wrist still caught up in Kyungsoo's small hand. "If anyone should be mad, it should be me. You were my friend, and just by yourself, you left me all alone. You know how selfish you are, Jongin?"

The younger boy blinked away any tears that were threatning to fall. He couldn't let himself be weak, not in front of Kyungsoo. Not in front of the boy he loved so much.

"Jongin," Kyungsoo continued, his voice suddenly small now. "I just want to be friends. I really do. Can't we just pretend that the kiss never happened?"

This hurt Jongin. His heart ached, while Kyungsoo was oblivious to the effect his words had. The younger slipped his wrist out of Kyungsoo's grip. Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, he finally looked at the older.

"Friends?" Jongin questioned, his eyes far and distant. "You can't just be friends with someone you're in love with."

Kyungsoo took a step back, disbelief crossing his face. Did Jongin just confess? No, he didn't. He dosen't love him....

Jongin nodded, once again looking down. "Yeah, that's what I thought." His voice laced with pain. "I'll help, with the party."

And just like that, Kyungsoo was left alone in the class room, confused and heartbroken.

***

Short chapter, sorry :p This was mostly just to show how Kyungsoo convinced Jongin to help with Heechul's birthday party :) Hope you liked it!