Final

The Confession

Wendy had a changed of mind and decided to turn the car around and drove to her house.

“On second thought, lets bake.”

Seulgi laughed. “I guess being cheap is still very much a part of you.”

“It’s not that,” she muttered to herself. “I just thought it’d be better not to do it in public.”

Seulgi shot her a confused look. Brows knitted together, “do what in public?”

“Something that’ll probably be embarrassing if it didn’t turn out as planned.”

 Selugi‘s face became stern. “You don’t mean… confessing… right?”

Wendy’s face lost its color. She cursed herself internally, “You head. You just have to blurt it out, don’t you??”

 

“Wendy… you know I…”  

“I know,” she cut her. “I know you like Irene. you adore her. That you love her.” Gosh. The words stung. “I’m doing this for me. Even if I knew the answer. It’s for… a closure.”

“Son Seung Wan. It’s just going to hurt you.” She looked at her with pleading eyes.

“No, don’t give me that look. Don’t call me that name. You know I’ll give in and I don’t want to. Please. Seulgi-yah. Just this once. Pretend you didn’t know that I’ll confess.”

Wendy continues, “hurt me. Break me. Give me the proper reply after I’ve confessed. So, I can… I can move on. I want to move on. I need to move on…” The tears stung her eyes but she knew she couldn’t let them roll now. Not when she’s driving. At least, not when Seulgi was in the car too.

Silence followed afterward. It was a longer drive than usual.

 

***

 

The atmosphere was rather awkward. Seulgi didn’t even look at Wendy but Wendy couldn’t look at her.

They skipped the baking cause’ they were not in the mood anyway.

Wendy forced herself to look at Seulgi’s eyes and she cupped her cheeks so she would look her way.

“Kang Seulgi. Please?” She looked at Wendy gloomfully. Damn. Those eyes are like galaxies swallowing me whole.

“I love you, Kang Seulgi.” Wendy interlaced her fingers with Seulgi’s.

“Ever since we met. When you punched the bullies like a boss. Your taekwondo sure was very handy,” Wendy laughed though her eyes were watering.

“That day when you sang with me because you knew I had a fear of being on stage but you had the same fear too. You dumb bear, you didn’t even tell me and fell to your knees when it was over.” Wendy touched their foreheads together.

“When we drove around, I got too excited I accidentally knocked your dad’s car to the gate, but you took the blame instead.”

Tears finally started to wet her cheeks and she continued, “I was always the one who put us into troubles and you would always be the one who got us out from them. I love everything about you. Your kind personality, so warm, so comfortable. You lived up to your nickname, SeulBear. I love and I cherish every moment we spend. The sleepovers, the late-night talks, us coming to each other’s performance.”

“You will always be my favorite bear. The one and only. It might take times for us to be friends again, but bear with me. I love you, Seulgi-yah.”

“I love you too, Wendy. You will always be my best friend, my favorite partner in crime. I will always love you, although not in the way you wanted but I will always carry you.” Seulgi pulled Wendy to her embrace. She hugged her tightly, tight enough to let her know she means a lot to her.

Wendy cupped and brushed Seulgi’s cheeks with her thumbs. She stared lovingly at her eyes before giving her a peck. “Thank you, Kang Seulgi.”