Basic: Borders

Wanna Be A Graphic Designer?

Chapter Three:
Basic: Borders

Quotes For Today: " There are many ways to do things."

Part 1 : How to make borders.


Okay, so now, open a canvas, any size you want, I opened mine with 500x600. For borders, It's advised the do it after you've made your poster :)

Right click on the layer "Background" and click on "Layer From Background" It converts to background to a layer. Whats the difference? The 'lock' on that layer is gone. It is to get the "Blending Options" If I did not switch it, It'll only pop up this.

 

Anyways, after switching the layer, press ok . Then now, see the difference?

Now, right click the layer and click on "Blending Options"

Afterwhich, click "" then, for Position put "Inside" for "Blend Mode" is "Normal" The rest of the options will be decided by YOU.

TA-DA!~ There you go! You have made a border! Its the basic of basics! So you definitely must know how to do this!

Part 1.5 is GIMP. It'll be out tomorrow. {Combined with the Cute/Happy Tutorial that I'm making :)}
Part 2 is in the "Advanced" So if you wanna know what Part 2 is all about then wait patiently :)


Here are the results for the polls. Poll1 . Poll2
So, I'm gonna do the Tutorials in order, Beginner,Advanced,Expert. And The next tutorial will be a happy&cute one :) Gif posters will be avaliable in either the "Advanced" or "Expert" ^^ And I'll try to update everyday :)
Now, I have another poll for you :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


So here are the pieces of beautiful arts made by you~
I hope that you will not be discouraged or anything, just know that all I say is to help you improve on your skills :)

                         Faith12

I'M SHOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! It's like totally the same!
Now, you can improve by erasing a little more of their background so that their background will not be visible:) I'm glad that you used the chain :)

                          ChubbyChibi

The fonts alright, but I'm sad that you didn't use the chain. By doing that, you kind of disfigured the image. Everything should be the same size. So I hope that you'll use the chain next time :) And just like Faith12, you should erase the background more :)

 

Honestly, what I do not like seeing in the comments is "This tutorial is so helpful! Please make more!" Come'on. Show me your work then comment that. What I wish to see is that after I've posted one tutorial, the comments should have their links to their creation and maybe a questions or help to ask me. That's how you learn. I hope you'll understand. Its the only way you'll be able to improve.

Btw, I would really love it if you had subscribe to this thread so that I can keep track of you and your skills :) If you didn't and still wanna watch my tutorials, you'll never improve :)


 

kynanyx © Wanna Be A Graphic Designer?