Understanding

Sugar, Spice... and Everything Nice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun got out of the cab as it rolled up to the front of his building. He wasn’t as late as he’d thought he’d be but he prayed he’d make it up to the apartment and get showered before Sunggyu got home. At least, then he could look down his nose at Sunggyu’s behavior because he was pretty sure the shoot had ended hours ago. But, like always, Sunggyu would return very late with shifty excuses as to why he hadn’t gotten home in time.

The doorman let him in and he matched right up to the elevator and called for it, ecstatic that it opened almost immediately.

“Good evening.” He greeted the woman standing on the other side.

“Nice night?” She asked.

“Hmm.” He nodded, not really in the mood to be an idol.

“How have schedules been?” She asked.

“Fine.” He said. “Good.”

“Good.” She repeated after him, as he saw her nod and smile. “Oppa looks tired.”

Woohyun sighed. And then forced a smile out as he turned to look at her.

“Oppa just needs rest.”

“Oppa needs to get laid.”

Okay.

“No need to worry about that.” Woohyun told her, inching closer to the doors as she leaned back against the wall.

“I should worry. All your fans should worry. Someone needs to make sweet love to oppa. Shouldn’t we do something about it?”

Yeah, Woohyun thought, pressing the button because the doors couldn’t open fast enough. He was not in the mood to pretend that this was normal conversation. And he certainly wasn’t ready to discuss his non-existent life with a fan.

“Don’t rush. Don’t run away.” She said. “I’m just trying to help.”

“It’s no problem.” He said, even though it clearly was.

When the elevator came to stop, he sighed in relief, eager to get off when he felt a tap on his shoulder. As he turned to her, she blew powder in his face as Woohyun choked, coughed, and sneezed as the doors opened.

“What the was that?”

“Some ual courage, oppa.” She said, pushing him out of the elevator. “You’ll thank me.”

As the doors swung shut, Woohyun felt dizzy, turning around and looking down the corridor as everything suddenly felt so far away and so hard to reach.

*****

As the manager drove off with the van, Sunggyu stood in the parking lot, hoping to give himself a few seconds of peace before he got back to dorm and was met with utter chaos. Because he knew what was coming. Whatever tentative understanding him and Woohyun had arrived at ever since their debut had become very shaky recently. Everything Sunggyu did was wrong, once again. Every time he coughed, he coughed the wrong way. When he was lenient, he was being soft. When he complained, he was being too hard on everybody.

Woohyun complained about everything.

He’d managed to get away from the after party today because CEO-nim had been at the shoot. So no matter how many times Sangmin brushed by him or tried to take him away, Jungyeop was around, joining in on the conversation and seriously blocking the way.

Sunggyu should have seen this coming. Sangmin had been circling around him for weeks now and even though nothing had happened yet, the moment Sunggyu got eliminated; he should have known Sangmin would come at him with unimagined determination.

Sunggyu was busy and it would be near impossible to get him to meet outside of shooting days. So this was it. Even though he’d survived so long by playing along and flirting back and letting Sangmin corner him into booths, all they’d ever done was first base stuff… a little kissing here and there… a brief touch… sometimes, even a in his ear. One time, Sangmin had taken Sunggyu’s hand and placed it on his crotch before Sunggyu even knew what was happening. But then, Jinho –blessed, drunk Jinho-hyung- had appeared, begging Sangmin to come talk to Eunji for him.

Inhaling at the front door, Sunggyu opened and walked in to find s all waiting in the sitting room.

“You’re home.” He said.

“Hyung!” Sungjong said, coming to meet him as he looked at the others shakily. “You’re back.”

“I know.” He said, gruffly moving to his room as Howon and Sungyeol suddenly stood in his way. “What is it?”

“Woohyun’s not feeling too well.” Sungyeol sad.

“So what?” He replied, still moving as Howon tugged at his hand.

“You can’t go in there, hyung.” Dongwoo told him.

“Why? Why can’t I enter my own room?”

He heard a bang on his room door, followed by a loud moan. Then…

“Sunggyu-hyung is that you?” Woohyun said from their room.

“Yes.”

“HYUNG! HYUNG COME THIS WAY. OPEN THE DOOR!”

Shocked, Sunggyu took a step away as he suddenly noticed that the room key was on this side of the door.

“Did you guys lock him in there?”

“We had to.” Myungsoo said. “He was acting crazy.”

“What happened?”

“We found him… in the hallway.” Sungyeol said. “I thought he was drunk… but he didn’t smell of alcohol or anything.”

“So you locked him up?” Sunggyu asked, angry.

“He was. He was touching himself out there.”

“What?”

“In the hallway. He had his zipper open and going at it like his life depended on it.”

“Why?” Sunggyu asked, confused and so not ready for any of this nonsense. “Are you sure he wasn’t drunk?”

“He didn’t seem to notice me for a while. Howon and I dragged him back to the dorm but then when we mentioned that we should call you, he suddenly came awake and started struggling to leave the apartment, saying he was coming to get you.”

“We had to wrestle him into the room and lock him there.”

“He’s been in there ever since.” Sungjong said as Woohyun moaned again, banging at the door.

“Sunggyu-hyung, please.”

Sunggyu looked at them, puzzled. They shrugged back at him.

“He’s been doing that ever since. We don’t know why.”

Bracing himself, Sunggyu headed for the door, moving to unlock it.

“Lock it behind me.” He told them. Just in case Woohyun was still crazy and he over-powered Sunggyu long enough to break lose.

*****

Woohyun wasn’t sure what was happening. He knew what was happening; he just wasn’t sure how or why it was happening. There he was on the floor of his and Sunggyu’s room, begging Sunggyu to come in and him and he didn’t even understand why he suddenly could. He just knew that it was urgent and that he needed it. And Sunggyu needed it to. Yes. Somehow, it was all so clear to him how foolish they’d both been.

They could have been doing this for years. And yet, they’d been so foolish and idiotic to hide their feelings and pretend they didn’t want to each other to unconsciousness every night. Now they could. Oh yes. Now they could. There was nothing standing in their way anymore. Other people didn’t matter. Sunggyu didn’t need them. He needed Woohyun. And now Woohyun was sure of it. If he had to show Sunggyu the way, he was going to do it. Because they had so much to make up for. Oh, the many years worth of .

The moment the door opened and Sunggyu entered the room, Woohyun pounced.

*****

Sunggyu winced when his head slammed against the door from the force of Woohyun weight and pressure.

“Wait.” He tried to say.

“No more waiting.” Woohyun said, gripping the front of Sunggyu’s shirt as he pulled at it and it tore all the way down.

“Oh. Wow. Hyunie, wai-”

“I need to you.” Woohyun said, sounding desperate as he nudged Sunggyu with his hardened and Sunggyu had no time to process what was going on because Woohyun’s hand was gripping him on the waist and causing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter