chapter one

Games of Hearts | Lee Changsub

"Yaaren't you going to get yourself a boyfriend some day?" Yujin asked, laughing as she snuggle into her boyfriend's arm while he plays the poker card.

I sigh as I'm seated beside them on the couch on my own with the rest of the group member. Yujin and her boyfriend had been together for almost two years and they're both the cutest couple, aside from Jimin and his girlfriend.

Growing up with an abusive parents who doesn't care about your well-being, I started mixing around with Yujin and her friends from outside of school. Every time we meet, we would always hangout together till late in the night.

"I don't think I got time for that, unnie." I laugh as I answer her questions.

Yujin and her friends are like my older siblings who takes good care of me. They all are slightly older than me, which makes me feel like we're family. I do have an older sister, but she just couldn't be bothered with the household and left when I was 13.

It was fun being with them, it's like my problems were all pushed aside and I was free– my mind got clear.

Folks would say that Yujin and her friends would destroy my future, but I say that they helped me a lot during my hard times. From the situation at home to being at school, I would rather be out here with them having fun.

I'm really glad that five of them were the one that saves me from giving up my life four years ago. When my sister left the house, my parents fight would get aggressive and that scares the out of me sometimes. They would throws stuffs around and damage things like the TV or the computer.

Neighbours would complain and police would knocked on the door, but nothing has changed. It was a raining night– when I first met Yujin and her friends.

I was working part time at one of the convenience in the neighbourhood, and it was late– around 2 am in the morning. Happens so that I had a fight with my father that day that I had to work with my fist bandage up bloody.

So Yujin made her payment with a friend. She was smiling and giggling at her friend's jokes then stop when she notice my bloody fist and looked up to see my face bruising.

"You look so young. Who did that to you?" A girl asked curiously as she tries to reach out for my face.

I instantly looked away in fear and force myself to smile.

"I fell..." I mumbled, packing her items and settle her payments.

The next few weeks, the same thing happen again. I think Yujin had had enough of seeing me like that, she took an extra mile to be friendly with me the following night.

"What time do you end work?" Yujin asked, smiling as she looks at me.

I bite my lip and scan her item.

Why is she so friendly to me? Is she going to hurt me again– she's probably making fun of me.

"2 am." I responded to her as I bag her items.

"Ya, We're short of member for the party, let's invite her." the girl began talking to the guy next to her.

I didn't pay attention and asks for the money and return her the changes.

"Sure. Why not." the guy said, smiling at the girl and winked at me.

That's how I managed to be friends with them.

Yujin helps me a lot after that, so did the rest of her friend. Yujin is 23 years old, beautiful, has long bleach hair, petite size and cute. She's very bubbly but when she's angry, she's different and scary.

Then there's Matthew, Yujin's boyfriend. He's Korean but lives in the US for quite some time– a tall and a very friendly man. So he speaks fluent English and often will teach me some when we're all free.

Then there's Jimin. The kind down to earth man. He's such a boyfriend material and his girlfriend is one lucky woman. Although the rest of the group doesn't like his girl that much, they still respect Jimin and his decision.

Then there's Sungjae, the playful guy who likes to play prank and jokes around. He's a cute guy, but again, because of his jobs, he look more manly than cute. He do capture girls heart but he's a playboy.

Lastly, Hoya. That guy is always quiet and minding his own business. Out of everyone, he's a rich man son and would often treat the member out for party or dinner. I'm not that close to him since he don't hangout much after he had to take over his father company.

"I'll find a guy for you." Yujin grins as she nudge my side.

I smile and shakes my head.

"Lee Changsub! You're back!" Sungjae exclaimed, waving at a tall man walking in the bar.

Tilting my head to the side, I look at Sungjae who'd called him out loud with a big wave and a huge smile on his face.

"Ah~ We talked about him, remember?" Yujin said, looking at me with a smile.

I watch as the man walks in with his hands shoves in his pocket.

"Just be careful of him." Yujin's boyfriend whisper quietly before smiling at the man name Changsub.

Weird.

"Ah, unnie– I have to go. It's really late now, I got work to catch up." I said, looking at my watch.

It's alright 11 pm and I start work at around 11:45 pm. That's the only way I support myself. The members respect my decision to not work like them and have it my way.

"Right! Well, take care alright!" Yunji smile as she waves me goodbye.

Returning her my smile, I pick my bag up and furrows when her boyfriend gives me some pocket money.

"Take it." He said with a small smile, Yujin did too and giggle.

I look at the money and bite my lip.

Why can't my own family be nice like them?

"Thank you..." I said, trying my best no to crack my voice.

Walking past the guy name Changsub, I feel so small as he's very tall and his cologne smells very strong that it took me by surprise.

I could sense that he was watching me from the back as I make my way out from the place.