Prologue

Remember: War Of The Son 2

*This story is also published in my wattpad account with the same username.

MUST READ NOTE:

I'm just a high school student, I don't know anything about law, especially Korean law so please expect that there will be less trial scenes in this story, I will just skip to the final argument or maybe add a few statements and such. I may not be able to use many "trial words" or whatever you call that since I don't know anything about it. I will just re-watch trial scenes in the drama and base on it. There might be mistakes so please forgive if I do commit it xD. Kindly pm me if I have mistakes so that I'll be able to fix this. Plus, I added new themes or genres in this story so it won't be too serious like in the drama. Read at your own risk! If you decide to read this, I hope you would enjoy reading it. Don't forget to hit the vote button and leave a comment for further improvement. That's all and thank you very much.

***

Memories are kept in the heart, not in the head. I may not be able to remember her face nor her name, but I feel something within her. It's a lingering strange attachment to an unfamiliar person. I feel like this weird feeling is urging me to be with her yet I also feel that it's wrong. I can't explain why there is a side of me pushing me to be with her yet there is another side that controls me to run away from her, forever.

I, Seo Jin Woo, has an Alzheimer's disease. Good memories or bad that I acquired throughout the years I lived have faded away in my mind. Even the people I loved, grew up with and the people I fought with are like dust that were blown by the wind. I can't remember a single detail about them but the weird thing is, I know that there is a certain person that kept our memories within him or her. That's the reason why I wrote that wish in my card.

A genuine smile was painted on my face as I walk away. Unexpectedly, the woman who is smiling that I passed by called my attention. She might know me and I can see in her eyes that she's yearning to tell me something unfortunately she failed to do so. She told me that I looked someone she knows very well. I don't know if she really meant that or if it's just a mere coincidence.

When she's finished, I made my way out. As I thought, she's someone close to me yet she doesn't know how to approach me. She tailed me until she called my attention again and revealed a ring that's hanging by a chain. She asked me if I can remember the ring she's holding, unfortunately I think it's my first time seeing it. Maybe I do know the ring, it's just I can't remember anything about it.

Even if I told her I can't remember it and continued taking the path ahead of me, she blissfully followed me. Not long after, she grabbed the end of my white coat and asked me to go with her. We might know each other before but now she's a stranger. Who knows, she might be one of my enemies.

"You don't trust me? Take a look at your phone, I took a photo of my business card so that you won't be able to forget me. My name is Lee In Ah." Lee In Ah . . . It's the first time I've ever heard that name. Even so, I did what she told me. I stared at my phone for a moment, w-why can't I remember how to use it? She seemed to noticed me having a hard time, so she took my phone and opened my contacts. There, her name appeared on my phone. To be exact, only her name is in my contact list. A sweet smile was painted on her beautiful face as she tap her name. Like what she told me, her business card popped up in the screen.

'The truth wins against facts' 'Atty. Lee In Ah'

Ah, so she's an attorney. She might be close to me because she's the only name in my contact list. I want to come with her and regain my memories but I'm afraid that I'll be just a burden. I'm just an ordinary man that lost his precious memories.

"You know me as an attorney because of this card but actually, I'm a prosecutor now. You were a lawyer, before. There are a lot of people who's waiting for you, our family. Let's go and chat with them, shall we?" She offered her hand but all I did was stare at her. She chuckled, grabbed my arm and pulled me to run!

***

"Have you seen, Prosecutor Lee, recently?" I heard a female's voice inside this building. In Ah grinned and placed her index finger softly on her dainty lips.

She entered the building and held my hand carelessly, she didn't mind that it embarrasses me. My face flushed red, thankfully she wasn't able to see it. I guess this is my first time to blush, which is really weird.

"I have a surprise guest for everyone!" She gracefully announced and revealed me as we walk towards them. They stared at me for a while, as if they saw a ghost but they quickly recovered and yelled my name.

"Atty. Seo!" "Seo Jin Woo!" They all said at the same time. The middle-aged man who is sitting on a black chair in the center as well as the fat man and another black haired guy yelled Seo Jin Woo. On the other hand, the fat woman and a man with black glasses beside her screamed Atty. Seo. I guess what In Ah said earlier was true, that I was a lawyer.  I can't believe that a guy whose memories quickly fades away can be a lawyer. I always wondered who I am before and now I guess the answer is right in front of me.

The fat woman and the guy with black glasses ran towards my direction and wrapped me into their warm arms. I feel at home, I feel so comfortable even though they seemed to be strangers at me. All I could do is flash a smile and peeked at the bewildered yet smiling middle-aged man.

"All . . . All of you, know me?" I asked, they all fell to a deep silence but they quickly brushed their crestfallen faces with blissful ones.

"Atty. Seo, this is our office, our home. You were once our leader and will always be, with the help of Atty. Park." The fat woman gently smiled. Then, one by one, they introduced themselves, except for the middle-aged man.

"Who are you?" I walked towards him as I inquire.

"I'm Atty. Park Dong Ho, I guess it's our first meeting but I know you for a very long time." He's a bit familiar. All of them were surprised of what he said so the black glasses guy, I mean, Atty. Song butted in.

"What do you mean? You are his father's lawy--" The fat woman covered his mouth. Suspicion drawn within me so I queried.

"What is the thing you are hiding? Atty. Song, what were you saying?" I queried, everyone shut their mouths which irritated me. How can I trust them if they hide something from me?

"By the way, Jin Woo, why won't you stay here like before?" In Ah told me to clear away the sudden dull moment. I shook my head and darted my sharp look at the two. They pursed their lips and dropped their eyes on the cold floor.

"Atty. Seo . . ." They both called my name softly but I just glared at them. I shift my gaze at In Ah and replied to her offer.

"How do you expect me to stay here and trust you if you are all hiding something from me?" The silent middle-aged man named Atty. Park Dong Ho, stood up and faced me.

"This is all for your sake, Jin Woo. There are things that you must not remember." He said. I laughed, shook my head and made my way out of the room but In Ah stopped me.

"Release me, In Ah." I told her, she brushed off my words and hold my arm tighter instead.

"In Ah, release him. I need to talk to him, alone." Atty. Park commanded so In Ah released me after giving me a sad look.

"Who told you that I would talk to someone whom I don't know and trust?" Surprisingly, he just laughed at me.

"You've never changed."