Let Go - Final

Let Go?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

5 years. They’ve spent their friendship for 5 years. The group was formed from 6 flower boys, that’s what the girls in their school said.

 

The oldest was Cha Hakyeon, a President of Classic Ballet Dance. All the girls adores him because he always effortlessly flawless when he dance. The girls called him with The Swan because, when he dance, it’s elegant, mesmerizing and sophisticated, just like a swan. He’s the leader of the group, the mother, the know-it-all guy. And he knows that the group was actually ignoring him, not liking him, on purpose. It’s not his imagination, as what has been said before, he’s the know-it-all guy, he knows the truth. And sadly, he’s hiding something that his friends will never know.

 

D-3

 

From: The Cha N.

Guys, let’s hangout tomorrow after school!

 

Jung Leo, Lee Jaehwan, Kim Wonsik, Lee Hongbin and Han Sanghyuk. The other group members, Cha Hakyeon best friends – according to him. They were hang out in a Boba Shop not far from their school. Leo sighed and showing off his phone screen to the rest of the group.

“Ah~ Seriously! I don’t want to go!” The youngest, Hyuk, pouted when he read the chat on their group chat.

“Where do you think he want us to go?” Jaehwan asked, his eyes focused on his phone playing some games.

“If it’s not Tteokboki Shop… then it’s his house? It’s always the same pattern anyway.”

“Hmm, true. Even if we went to different place, it just a Bookstore, The Park and… his house.” Hongbin added Wonsik’s words.

“But lately, we never hang out on his house again do you guys know why? But he’s seriously no fun. And I’ve been trapped with him for 5 years already…”

“Correction Jaehwan, ‘We’ve been trapped’, not only you.”

“And he’s super clingy too! Ugh, I’m the youngest but he act like the youngest one I don’t understand him~!”

 

The rest of the group nodded their head. It’s pretty lucky that Hakyeon didn’t join them that day. The big day is coming in 2 days. Which they believe it’s the National Dance Competition.

 

From: The Cha N.

Guys??

 

Sighing, Leo typed on his phone.

 

From: Jung Leo.

Okay.

 

“What? But Hyung!” Sanghyuk was shocked when his hyung agree to hang out with Hakyeon.

“Even if we dislike him, don’t be too obvious, Hyukkie.”

 

From: Han Hyukkie.

*thumbs up emoji*

 

From: Kim Wonsik.

Okay~ Tteokboki? ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

 

From: Lee Jaehwan.

How about Pizza? ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

 

From: Han Hyukkie.

Gopchang? ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

 

From: Lee Hongbin.

See you tomorrow, hyung!

 

From: The Cha N.

Yah, Hyukkie! You want to get a neck chop?! (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

Tteokboki or Pizza, you guys decide.

 

The group scroll on the chat and when Hyukkie about to reply, a new chat popped up.

 

From: The Cha N.

But, I think it’s okay to had some Gopchang. See you guys! (/^▽^)/

 

“Pfft, trying to impress me?” Sanghyuk put his phone on his bag. The group was ready to leave and going back home. Their mood was pretty down because they need to pretend to be a good friends for their oldest hyung, Cha Hakyeon.

 

***

 

“You know you need to take a break soon, Hakyeon? You can’t keep going to school and doing a normal student activity.” A man in his 60 preparing an injection for his beloved patient, Cha Hakyeon.

“I know. I already took a serious break at school activity right now. I even gave up on the Nationals.” He winced when the syringe stabbed on his arm.

“I’m sorry to hear that, but I don’t want to inform your parents that you’re not getting any better. And you definitely need a full rest before the big day. I thought we agree to get you opname soon?”

“Relax Doctor Hwang, I’m strong enough, okay? And I need to take care of few things first. The transplant… nothing’s wrong with it right?”

“I trust you, Hakyeon. The transplant doing okay, it’s safe.”

“I can’t wait. Two days to go.”

“Me too, Hakyeon. I’m hoping everything went well and you’re getting healthy soon.”

“Doctor Hwang. Even if I didn’t make it later, I want to say thank you for taking care of me.”

“Yah~! Be optimist! I believe you’re doing okay!”

“But we both know that I’m getting weak.”

 

4 years. It’s been 4 years that he lives with the help of medicines, vitamins and Doctor Hwang. He smile bitterly at the memory when the first time he found out that he can’t spend his youth like a normal one.

His parents knew the truth 2 years after. He never imagine if someday his parents found him on his deathbed later. But funny how his parents actually found him collapsed in the backyard of their home. Their dog, Fluffy, barking so loud at that time. His master was collapsed after playing with him too much. His bark was a loud and sad one.

 

“I’m sorry, Appa… Umma…”

His parents hugged him tight not long after he woke up in a hospital bed, surrounded by his sisters with their husband and their children, he feels so full, so happy. He also make them to keep its secret from anyone, that also means to his group friends. He told them that he will tell the boys when the time is right.

His family was so upset at his decision, but again, they want their youngest son, their little brother to live his life without being a burden as his wish.

 

After 3 years consuming the same medicines every day, he’s tired. Doctor Hwang surprised him one day on his monthly check-up, that if he’s getting better, means it's easier to get a transplant for him. Doctor Hwang, too, attached to him already. The look and the spirit to life in his eyes, motivate him to do his better for Hakyeon’s health.

But Hakyeon being Hakyeon, a stubborn guy. His condition was getting worse not long after he finished his performance at Regionals. Luckily for him, no one at the changing room at that time. After he celebrate the winning with his family and friends, he decided that he need to stay alive even if it means to say goodbye to his dream.

 

Past Times

 

The Swan.

He scoffed at the nickname but he loves it anyway. Not to mention that he loves to wear a white satin shirt during his performance. His sun kissed skin was perfectly match it.

“Swan hyung! Swan hyung~”

His friends always joking about his nickname and he never get mad because, he’s not a swan, he’s a human. And, it’s just a nickname from others anyway. He can’t tiring himself out by arguing because of childish thing.

 

It’s been 5 years they’re being together. Their friendship started when the 14 years old Hakyeon met the 12 years old Wonsik at the hospital for the first time, not long after he’s getting discharged because he was in accident.

“Why are you got into accident hyung? Does it hurt?”

“I’m just being careless, so the taxi driver flew me off few meters. It doesn’t hurt for now, Wonsik-ah. But I hope you always being careful. Because sleep in a hospital for a long time .”

He patiently answered little Wonsik curious questions. And he keep asking for random questions even after answering some questions about himself too, little Wonsik never stop his questions.

Maybe it’s a fate that Hakyeon actually went to the same school with Wonsik. And from that, Hakyeon got another new siblings, Leo – the same age friend that he met during Sport class. He’s bad at Sport, so Leo was helping him. Jaehwan – a big brother of Hongbin – Wonsik’s chair mate. And lastly Sanghyuk – the youngest, the cute and the lovely one that he met on his first year because he got lost in a new school.

 

The 6 boys was diligently doing their homework at the library. That was Hakyeon’s idea from the beginning. He stated that by doing homework together, he and Leo as a senior could help the junior boys when they had a difficulty. Even if they don’t have any homework, sometimes the group always finding themselves helping each other with some difficult subject. And fun fact, the junior members always got a high score in their class, just like Hakyeon and Leo.

“Let’s go to the arcade on Friday!” Sanghyuk closed his book, stretched his body, feeling stiff after sitting in the same position for an hour.

“I’m in!” Jaehwan too, finishing his homework.

“It’s in Myeongdong right? I need to take make-up exams first, and I will catch up then.”

“Heh, me too. I need to attend Soccer meeting first. Right Wonsik?”

“Ah~ I almost forgot. You can go first with Jaehwan and Hakyeon hyung then.”

Five pair of eyes looking at Hakyeon, waiting for his answer.

“Ah~ you guys have fun then, I need to run some errands.”

“How long? Can’t you join us later?”

“It’d be too tired for me to catch up with you guys. I’m going home first, I need to go somewhere first.”

“Ah~ Arraseo, take care Hyung.”

 

The five boys let a relief sigh not long after Hakyeon went out from the library. Its way past the school time so there’s only them and the librarian at that time.

“Thankyou Sanghyuk-ah, arcade stuff is not Hakyeon thing.” Leo patted the youngest in the back.

“But… Why Hakyeon hyung never join us everytime we went to the arcade?”

“He mostly busy with his dance practice and he always went somewhere that I don’t even wanna know.” Hongbin answer Wonsik’s question.

It is true that it’s pretty odd that Hakyeon never join the boys every time they went to the arcade. But because they know that he’s bad at games, so they always use it to avoiding him to their advantages.

 

“Ah~ What a relief, then we no longer have to act good in front of him.”

“True. It’s tiring.”

Hakyeon stop his track when he heard the boys talking about him.

“I wish we could stop being friend with him.”

“Ha, you wish. You know that he won’t let us go.”

He smile sadly. He knows after all these years, that his friends never liking him a bit. Even if sometimes they need a words from him but, it’s all just an act. This is not the first time he eavesdropping the boys talking about him, complaining, whining and they even hates him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter