One

those little things

“I’m here”,

Yongguk shouted half-heartedly hoping that his boyfriend knew his presence, but there was no answer. It was pitch black from the entryway to the living room. There was barely sound except for the fridge noise and water drops from the loose sink.

He is home right?

Yongguk already told that he will come to his place tonight after his works done. He the light and put the food that he has bought onto the kitchen table, leading his way to his boyfriend's bedroom. The sound of music was getting clear as he opened the room door and a side profile of a young man with glasses came to his view. His boyfriend was not even aware of his presence as he kept doing his things, typing on the keyboard while eyes all focused to the laptop screen and multiple glanced to some books and journals that messed up the desk. It was quite suffocating seeing how dim the light was in the bedroom. Only the desk lamp and the screen brightness filled up the room so Yongguk the room light near the room door.

Youngjae flinched, his work stopped. Head turned to the curly haired man with a gummy smile.

“Oh , I almost freaked out”,

The younger blinked his eyes, adapting to the brightness while stretching his arms upwards. His muscles sore.

“Great greeting thickhead”. Yongguk snickered while eying the younger.

The brunet wearing white t-shirt and black shorts revealing his toned biceps and slender legs. Youngjae responded with his adorable giggles. He turned his swivel chair to Yongguk and opened his arms wide, asking for a hug.

“I miss you my old man, come here”,

Youngjae pouted his mouth. His eyes looked puffy and tired.

They hugged for god knows how long. Youngjae snuggled his head to Yongguk’s chest meanwhile Yongguk kissed and caressed Youngjae’s head, the other hand patted on his bf back. It has been long time since both of them received each other warmness. Yongguk was busy with his work, composing songs and managing his new studio meanwhile Youngjae was on his last year of college finishing his degree. They met one week ago just for a quick lunch as both of them have things to be done.

“Hmm you smell so nice bang”, Youngjae mumbled.

He brought his face upwards, pouting his lips for a kiss.

“Wash your face a bit and let’s eat. I bring some foods”, Yongguk ruffled his boyfriend’s hair before left the pouting boy for the kitchen.

a soft smile formed on Yongguk‘s face. He loved teasing the younger.

--

Yongguk prepared the food. He then cut some mangoes that he also has bought earlier

Youngjae loves mango a lot.

...Or should I make mango juice?

A sudden warm on his back stopped his thought. Youngjae rested his chin on the older’s shoulder

“You bought a lot huh”

“this is so good”, he took some pieces of mango into his mouth.

“help me too kid”

“okay”

“there’s something on your face”, Youngjae told while munching. His chin was still on Yongguk’s shoulder.

“what, wh-

Youngjae left a quick peck on Yongguk’s lips. His chapped lips turned moist.

“too sweet”, Youngjae his lips and left

Yongguk stunned

--

“eat slowly Jae, you will choke ” Yongguk watched with concern.

“It is so good”, Youngjae made those fake crying faces with his mouth full of food. Yongguk knew how bad Youngjae’s eating routine these days, looking at the pile of trash that full with packets of instant noodle and coffee just now

“I know you’re busy but please take care of your health”,

“Hmm don’t worry bub”, Youngjae nodded his head

He remembered last time Youngjae was admitted to ward due to fatigueness. He was too busy with his club activities and studies. But the difference was at that time Yongguk was closer with his bf as both of them attended same college and lived near. Now, they are quite further apart. They have considered to live together but Yongguk house is quite far from the college. Youngjae, the infamous latecomer did not want to take risk late for the whole class and drive his for 30 minutes to the campus.

“How’s your work, is everything okay”, Youngjae his fingers before picking one more chicken wing.

“My staffs and I went to a lunch together and we actually got a real conversation”

Youngjae clapped his hand in amused

“Amazing my man is doing well!!”

“How could people be afraid with a Bang Yongguk the ray of sunshine my precious everything god he-

Yongguk shoved a big piece of dumpling into Youngjae’s mouth

--

Yongguk took a deep breath after a shower while putting on his boyfriend’s shirt. His body felt so good after a long day today. He decided to stay over the night as it was already late. The smell of citrus mixed with amber fills up the bathroom. Youngjae’s shirt also has the similar scent. Youngjae’s scent. It is sweet, warm and rich. Just like his beloved boyfriend. Yongguk actually expected something more tonight but Youngjae looked really busy and tired. So he didn’t put his hope high. And guess what his not-so-high hope vanished after he entered the bedroom to a sleeping Youngjae on the desk. Yongguk carried Youngjae to the bed carefully only before taking off his glasses. He then laid beside the younger, leaning his arms on the bed whilst admiring the beauty. His free hand was caressing Youngjae’s forehead, playing with the younger fluffy hair. The brunet hummed peacefully to the touch. Yongguk kissed his nose and cheeks because god damn it he couldn’t resist.

“Why are you so soft tonight”, Youngjae whispered, eyes closed

“You made me”

“Oh my god that’s bad”

“by the way is your back okay?, I heard it cracked.

“nah just sleep kid”, Yongguk laughed. He scooped Youngjae closer to his body

“thank you for tonight”

“anything for you”

--

Yongguk woke up to his boyfriend’s voice. He was on phone with only towel around his waist and his free hand ruffling his wet hair.

“Oh you’re awake, I made some breakfast get up”, Youngjae’s eyes met Yongguk’s as he hung up the phone

“You’re going somewhere?”

“I need some references and there’s a junior needs help for his study, so I guess I’m going to spend my time in the library today. You want to join or..?”

“I didn’t have plan today, is it alright if I go along?”, Luckily he has his laptop with him, at least he got something to do

“Sure. We’ll leave on ten, be ready”, Youngjae opened his wardrobe, searching for clothes to wear. He chose light yellow shirt and blue jeans.

It doesn’t matter anyway, Youngjae looks good with anything

--

“That kid didn’t arrived yet it seems”, Youngjae looked for a certain guy.

“Do I know him?”

“I don’t think so, he’s second year student”

The library is not too packed, maybe because it is not exams week and it’s still too early on the weekend. They chose an empty table at the corner of the area, neared the emergency exits at the back. But Yongguk suddenly moved to the other opposite table. Youngjae arched his eyebrow, showing his puzzled looks.

“I don’t want to disturb”, Yongguk answered.

Youngjae put up the okay sign and mouthing ‘whatever’.

Both of them started their works and after five minutes past, the said junior showed himself. He is a blond, with small eyes and a sharp face structure. After he greeted Youngjae, the blond sat beside the former and took off his jacket, his built up body could be seen from the thin shirt.

Young boys nowadays sure love to show-off,

Yongguk wanted to continue his work but somehow he couldn’t take his eyes from them, so he just peeping behind his laptop. He almost forgot how extremely hot Youngjae was when he is in serious mode. Youngjae and that boy looked close judging by the gestures and the way they talked to each other. At some times the blond male made Youngjae laughed and he also stole some glances from Youngjae. His stares was quite bothering to him. Yongguk told himself to put it off but he lost his when the blond brushing his fingers on Youngjae’s bangs with certain excuses.

“You want to leave already?”, Youngjae asked the man standing in front of him

“I just want to change my sit”, Yongguk scratched his head awkwardly. He pulled the chair opposite his boyfriend. The atmosphere turned weird until things clicked in Youngjae’s head

“Okay so I forgot to introduce. Yongguk, this is Moon Jongup. Jongup, this is Bang Yongguk my boyfriend”

“Three years boyfriend”, Yongguk corrected. Both of them shook hands

“I didn’t know you have a boyfriend”, the blond looked frustrated

“But you didn’t ask” Youngjae continued his work, writing some notes on the paper. Yongguk laughed from the inside, feeling proud.

 

“ this pen is leaking”, Youngjae cursed. His hand stained with the blue ink

“do you need tissues? I have some” Jongup offered

“never mind I’ll go to the washroom”

There was awkward silence between them and Yongguk felt like this Jongup guy has killed him from his stares. The younger eyeing Yongguk from head to toe he looked under the table too what the actual I’m wearing a polo shirt and crocs with socks today no worries! all good?!

Their eyes met.

“what a waste", the blonde mumbled

“what waste?”

“the pen’s ink”

“oh”, Yongguk cleared his throat

“You’re sophomore right? Is everything okay with your studies?”

“for now its good Youngjae hyung has helped a lot too so.. yeah” Jongup answered awkwardly but his poker face was still there

“you still got a long way to go don’t let other things bother, live diligently”

“I will thank you”,

at least this boy is not that rude

“Youngjae hyung is so popular, it is acceptable considering what he got though” the blond was observing Youngjae on his way back to their place, but the latter stopped by a girl with a gift. Yongguk followed the boy’s gaze. Youngjae was talking to a girl, all smiles.

“I know,” It made him reminiscing the time he fallen in love with Youngjae. Both of them were a club members’ committee. Working together made them knew each other more and Yongguk loved how passionate and responsible the younger was, his visuals was a cherry on top. Yongguk also learned that Youngjae was one of the smartest and hottest student from his batch just like him. The campus shocked after knowing both of them was going out, Yongguk the quiet, scary looking dude with tattoos (but hot) and Youngjae the bright yet classy guy. They might had contrast personalities but people couldn’t denied that both of them looked good together.

He missed those old days

--

They have spent almost five hours in the library, Jongup and Youngjae were finishing their works. Meanwhile, Yongguk was reading some philosophies and conspiracy theories books. He hasn’t read books for a long time, it was refreshing he thought. Jongup excused himself first, thanking both of them and praising Yongguk that he is so nice just like his dad. Yongguk took that as a compliment. A few minutes after, Youngjae wrapped his things and both of them were heading for a lunch.

“How did you met that Jongup boy”, Yongguk asked spontaneously, he was curious

“He’s Daehyun cousin. I knew him from some party. He might seems bored all the time but he is really a fun person once you knew him, sometimes we would talk about anime. He’s kind of genius too” Youngjae laughed thinking about the latter

“Ahh I see. He seems to like you a lot”,

“Right?! I waited for him to ask me if I’d certain someone, but he didn’t, thought he might knew things from Daehyun”,

As expected from Yoo Youngjae, he ain’t oblivious nor dense

“You should just told him beforehand though”

“Say, Yongguk isn’t it weird saying ‘I have a boyfriend, you have no chance so you should off’ out of nowhere” Youngjae laughed, thinking how ridiculous it seems.

“Wow someone is jealous”, Youngjae glanced to the driving male

“It’s such a relief seeing you like this, sometimes I got anxious too what if you found someone to replace me as we’re barely meet these days. Also, one thing you should know that I love you much more than you think so you should stop getting worried”, Youngjae reached for Yongguk free hand, caressing it before left a gentle kiss.

 

Yongguk tried hard not to smile but he knew he will lose, moreover Youngjae was staring, waiting for his respond.

“I’m driving Jae sit properly”,

“Oh it came out a little, a bit more uh more, what’s up with the red tint on your cheeks oh my god your ears turned red!!”,

“You lil punk”,

Yongguk lost it, both of them laughed out loud especially Youngjae

 

“SO, my love what should we eat tODAy???!!!”

 

“Stop screaming thickhead”

 

Well, Youngjae is his one and only thickhead that matter

 

 

p/s- i would love if people leave some comments. thank you for reading <3