Final

Wool Ring

Seunghyun looked at the little ring made of wool on the palm of his hand, and then sighed.

He started saving money one month ago, but it wasn’t enough yet to buy even the less expensive ring in the jewelry store. And he couldn’t wait any longer. He needed to ask Jiyong to marry him.

He knew Jiyong didn’t care about material things, but he was determined to give him a proper wedding ring when he get enough money. But until that moment, the little ring made by himself only two days ago would have to be enough for Seunghyun.

The owner of the store where Seunghyun worked gave him some really pretty wool as a gift, the same wool he used to make the ring. It was white almost silver, and very soft. Seunghyun was hoping Jiyong would like it.

“Hyung.”

Seunghyun turned at the speed of light and looked to Jiyong while trying to hide the ring behind his back.

“Ji, what are you doing here so early?”

Jiyong looked at him raising an eyebrow.

“You told me to come here early.”

Seunghyun widened his eyes.

“Oh… right…”

Jiyong giggled.

“Anyway, what are you hiding there?” Seunghyun’s eyes widened even more and his heartbeat raced.

“M-me?”

“Yes, you.”

“I…” He looked everywhere but Jiyong’s eyes.

He looked at the shelves of the store full of wool. He remembered exactly how he met Jiyong in that exact place, two years ago. And he fell in love with him at first sight.

That day, he was in shock to see the most beautiful boy he ever saw walking in through the store’s doors. Seunghyun even stopped talking and one of his needles fell down to the floor. And he got even more shocked when the boy said he wanted to take knitting classes. There weren’t many men that liked to knit, how was it possible that the most beautiful boy on earth was exactly at his work place to take classes? And when Seunghyun was the teacher! It had to be destiny.

“Hyung, are you hearing me?”

“Uh, what?” Seunghyun looked at Jiyong and saw he was frowning.

“I asked you if you bought a gift for me and that’s why you’re hiding it…”

“A-ah…” Seunghyun’s heartbeat raced again. That was the moment. He had to ask him.

“Or are you hiding… something else?”

“Something else?”

“Choi Seunghyun, are you hiding the proofs that you’re cheating on me?!”

“What?!”

“Just tell me already!”

Jiyong looked very angry. That was the perfect moment to do it.

“Ji, listen…”

“Oh no… are you going to break up with me?!”

“WHAT?! What are you talking about?!”

“Every time someone says ‘hey, listen’ in dramas, is because they’re going to break up!”

Jiyong started to almost scream about how many dramas he had seen and how always the couples broke up when one of them said “we need to talk”. Seunghyun then decided he needed to do it quickly.

He kneeled down in front of Jiyong and took one of his hands. Jiyong closed his mouth immediately and looked at him with widened eyes and in complete silence.

“Ji… I’m not cheating on you. I would never do that. And I don’t want to break up with you. It’s completely the opposite thing…”

Seunghyun noticed Jiyong started to breathe faster. Seunghyun himself felt like he was going to faint in any moment.

“Kwon Jiyong… I met you two years ago in this same place. And I don’t know if I’ve told you this before but I fell in love with you the first moment you put a foot inside this store. You are the most beautiful person I’ve ever meet, inside and outside. I love you Ji. I love you and I want to be with you until I die.”

Jiyong put his hand over his mount and his eyes were full of tears. Happy tears, Seunghyun hopped.

“Maybe I didn’t get the prettiest ring,” Seunghyun lowered his gaze and looked at Jiyong’s hand on his own hand. “but I made it with all the love I feel for you. Maybe this moment is not how you have imagined it… but my words are sincere.” He looked at Jiyong in the eye. “I love you with all my soul. Will you marry me?”

Seunghyun moved the hand he was hiding behind his back and showed to Jiyong the little ring on his palm.

And then he felt scared. The little ring looked even tinier than before. There, on his hand, it looked like a simple piece of wool. What if Jiyong felt disappointed and didn’t give him a yes? He liked shining and expensive things, maybe he wanted a big ring with diamonds…

“Yes…”

Jiyong’s voice was like a whisper but Seunghyun heard it perfectly. He looked at him shocked, and Jiyong moved his hand from his mouth, to show him a precious smile.

“Yes.” He spoke very clearly this time. “I will marry you, Seunghyun.”

Seunghyun was dumbfounded. Jiyong looked at him and started giggling.

“That’s exactly the same expression you had when I came for the first time to this store.”

He felt his face going red. Seunghyun got up on his feet and looking at Jiyong’s hand, he put the ring on his finger.

“I promise you that when I have enough money I’m going to buy you a proper ring, in a jewelry store, a more beautiful ring than this one…”

“Hey, love… this ring is the most beautiful ring I could ask for.” Seunghyun felt his heart fluttering. “It’s perfect, because you made it. And you made it for me. There is no ‘jewelry store ring’ that could be more beautiful than this one, the ring you just gave me.”

Jiyong smiled at him and Seunghyun felt like he was going to cry. Jiyong’s eyes were full of love. Jiyong loved him as much as Seunghyun loved Jiyong.

Definitely, Jiyong was the love of his life.