Final

He and His Princess

"..... Finally the prince married the princess and they became a king and queen in their lovely kingdom. And then they lived happily ever after."

+++++++++

Little Jinwoon clapped his hands enthusiastically. The story-telling really got into him. Actually, at first he did not interest with this story-telling thingy. That was not so him, the big boy. It was really a girly-thing in his thought before. But maybe because the story was great or maybe his teacher in his kindergarten school was a really good storyteller, he was slowly drowned at the story and his own fantasy. He still mesmerized with the idea of the prince and his own princess. Then he started believing that he would have his own princess too. He would be her knight or her white-horse prince. He believed that he could protect her. But what he first must-to-do was finding the existence of the princess.

Time was going faster than his thought. Now he was a young lad and not in his childhood anymore. He lost his chubbiness and grew to a tall lad, actually the tallest among his friends; a handsome and good-looking one with a famous eye-smile. He started forgot his childhood fantasies because his hectic schedules in preparation for his debut. Now he was a part of JYP's trainee that famed by a name "OneDay" and he had many dreams to achieve. He was falling in love with music, especially rock genre. Then he wanted to be a singer or guitarist/ drummer in the future, but still in his deepest heart which he did not know still exist, he believed that someday he would find his princess.

That memorial's day started as a regular and not a special day when he woke up at that morning. He would always do his routinity activities like many days before: went to school then went to JYP to practice dance, got a vocal training or music lessons. It was his everyday schedules and he thought that it would be same that day. But he did not know what will be happened later.

That was when he came back to his dorm that he lived together with his fellow trainee-mates. Usually, he would go straight to have a bath, got a dinner and then went to his slumber land after an exhausted-long-packed-training-day. But that day was a little different because when he arrived at his dorm, he felt strange that his dorm-mates were crowding around in the living room. He joined the scene to find out what they were doing. He asked one of his hyungs (he was the youngest in the dorm so all the boys except him in the dorm automatically were his hyungs as he was the maknae) about what happened. The hyung or a gigantic man like him too with a name "Im Seul Ong" answered that they were watching a new debut girlgroup from SM. He had heard the rumors about the girlgroup though long time before, especially when he was a part of a company that had its own girlgroup. It was a chaos in his agency company when the rumor about the upcoming rival blew at first and he witnessed that with his own eyes. It made his suspicious aroused and he wanted to see what his sisters' rivals looked alike. He took his seat and started watching the television too. That was when his eyes glued to this specific girl. He was so shocked because she was the princess in his dreams that he was longing for all this time. He always dream that his princess would be a slim-tall-white lady with a long straight hair and big sparkling eyes. Her smile, her purity looks, her chubby-cheeks captivated him more. He did not know that he was falling in love at first sight with this girl that he knew later was the maknae in her respective group, Girls' Generation or So Nyuh Shi Dae (SNSD),  and had a beautiful name (especially in his mind): "Seo Joo Hyun" or famed by a name "Seo Hyun".

 

One year later, on July 11, 2008, finally he got his own debut with his group. They were named "2AM", a ballad group. He was the maknae with his fellow mates or hyungs for exact were Jo Kwon as the leader,  Lee Changmin (Changmin) and Im Seul Ong or Seulong. He was still developing his feelings for her. And actually his feelings for her grew bigger and bigger everytime he dug or found out the facts about her. He was glad that she was in his age lines ('91 lines) that meant they were chingus. Actually she was 57 days younger than him because he was born at 2nd of May and she was born at 28th of June. He was very happy when he knew that she did not have any boyfriends before. He was a little shocked when he knew she was so pure and innocent like her appearance that she did not like men and would choose sweet potatoes than males, but it added more his admirations to her. He loved her more when he knew that she was a music lover with a beautiful voice and a magnificent piano-skilled. She was a hard worker and a hard-willed lady to achieve her dream as a singer that just like him. That was why he proudly announced that he was her fanboy to his acquaintances.

It might be because of his innocence or might be because of his occupied mind of her that he blurted out in the interview at Arirang (Pop in Seoul) that his dream girl was someone who’s cute, had bangs and 168cm. As you know, Seohyun was also 168 cm, had bangs too (in that circumstances’ time) and definitely she was undeniably cute.  And in another interview, he talked straightly about him fanboying her and said her name. He was a honest person and he absolutely wanted to be honest about his feeling. He wanted to tell all people in the world that he adored her and might be someday she would know about him and his feelings toward her. After that first interview, he had no shyness or hesitance anymore to talk about his obsession fanboying her. One time, he talked about their dorm's computer password that he revealed he always changed the password every month but recently he did not want change it anymore and the password was "Seohyun" that made the interviewer commented that he should change it soon because he had blurted the password to public that the computer might be hacked later or logged in by unauthorized people. The next time interview, he revealed that he changed it finally, but it was actually changed to "Seohyun Jjang/ Seohyun is the best" that made his hyungs wanted to facepalm their own faces. He did not mind eventhough the others always branded him as the weirdo or freak. His hyungs always shook their heads and surrendered everytime they got interviews and he shared his secrets to their fans and public. They thought that he could not be helped anymore because he was desperately pathetic in love. But deep inside their hearts, they admired their maknae for his fearlessness about his bluntly outspoken feelings that they might not have any guts to do like that too especially when they were still in these entertainment business life. He was just like her. The baby of the group. So pure, soft and innocent that was so different with his appearance which was the hugest among them. That was why they always supported and encouraged him. Many times, they always pushed him toward her when they were on the same stage or they said to her fellow members about his feeling, like when Jokwon told Yoona at Family Outing so she could tell her maknae and made her acknowledge his feeling. Because contrast with his bluntly outspoken feelings for her in front of the public, when he was in the same room with her, he always froze and did not know what to do next or what he should say to her.  

It always made him frustrated everytime he got a new competitor or rival that declared their admiration to her. He wanted saying to them to back off or queueing behind him because he believed that he was her number one's fan or might be the president of Seomates. When the publics still looked and said that she was a faceless maknae before, she had already being his ideal girl those days. But he could not blame them to fall for her later because he knew that the little girl had grew and blossomed to a gorgeous-beautiful lady, and males were smitten by her goddess/ angel's beauty.

He felt that fate was not on his side when many opportunities were happened to his fellows, not him. First moment was when he watched his fellow mates of OneDay that formed to a different group, 2PM, would be in same programme with her group, Idol Army. He prayed that she would not present at that programme, especially when he knew that it would containing matchmaker things. He knew that his hyung in 2PM, spesifically named Kim Junsu, liked her too. Unluckily for him, she was there and his hyung serenaded her with a romantic song and declared his feeling with the fame words, "Jigeumeun Seohyun's shidae / Now it's a Seohyun's generation" and his hyung got her wink. He was so envy because he wanted to serenade her too. Second, when the maknaes of other groups always paired with her. The maknae of Super Junior or Cho Kyu Hyun always being a pair with her from the beginning. As a company mates and one of her oppas, they always paired from the Seoul Song’s Music Video, SPAO’s commercial films, SM Towns’ duets, and lately, the SM’s Orchestra and the dancing stage ‘Move Like A Jagger’. Actually, he was slightly unsecure with this hyung’s presence. He was one of his biggest threat. He still did not know about his feeling. He just hope that this famous evil hyung did not have any feeling toward her because it would be a huge menace for him. Then, his fellow mates of OneDay again, the maknae of 2PM, Hwang Chansung who was his close buddy too. He was jealous to him when 2PM collaborated with SNSD at Carribean Bay’s commercial film. She and Chansung were being paired at this Cabi Song. Third, when he was one of the panelists in this "make-believe married" programme, 'We Got Married', because his hyung, Jokwon, was being paired with Brown Eyed Girls Gain, and him along with Seulong as Jokwon's group members would commentating about this Adam Couple's marriage life at studio. He was being told that there would be a new pairing and for his surprises, it was her as the bride-to-be. He felt giddy and happy when her members told her that they guessed him as the man and would like him as her pairing. When she said that he would be a nice pairing if her unnies' guesses were true, he could not hide his gummy smile. But later he knew that the groom-to-be was CN Blue's leader, Jung Yong Hwa. He felt pang in his heart. Why the PD-nim of MBC did not choose him when they might be know his feelings. Why they did not choose the other Jung's. His eyes could not hide the pains in his heart. He looked very despaired, making another member 2AM Seulong and the remaining casters feeling very sorry for him. His hyung, Seulong, silently watched his maknae with a pity heart. He encouraged him and reminded him to smile eventhough he knew that the eyesmile from his maknae was so fake and forced. However, whenever he saw Seohyun’s 4-dimensional side throughout with curious eyes, he kept drinking water constantly and tried to compliment Yong Hwa but had to stop and closed his eyes tight, getting consoled, “You don’t have to fake compliments.”

 

But from that moment, he knew that time did not wait and he must approach her first. So he started developing his relationship with her. Building his courage to talk with her when he saw her, he managed to the next level, he finally could message or call her by phone. He always being grateful and he did not know how to thank a lot to his best friends helps Jung Nicole and Kim Ki Bum that famous by a name ‘Key’, because later, he was one of her best friends’ circle.  

.

.

.

.

.


"Woonie-ah, what are you doing? Let' s go, the others were waiting for you". The young woman was waving her hands in front his eyes to make him back to the earth.

He got shocks and woke up from his day-dreams but he immediately smiled his famed eye-smile when he realized that his princess was standing in front of him. Eventhough they were still just friends but he believed that one day, she would be his own princess. As long as nobody captured her heart, he believed that his step-by-step would conquer her heart slowly. Like her own words "If your dream is alive, then one day it will come true" and "People with good hearts are the ultimate winners", he really believed those words would be happened for him too.

"Haha, chase me if you can Hyunnie." He started running and the young lady sprinted behind him trying to catch him.


He hoped that in the future, she would catch his signals and accept his heart that she had stole since long time ago. Eventhough he could not be her prince, she would be always his princess. He believed that he would always be a loyal of her own armored knight.