Beginning and End

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Alarm was ringing and without fail, I dismiss it while pushing the blanket off my body with my legs.

“Good morning baby.” I said it to myself and do a little stretching up before standing up fully.

After tidying up the bedsheet and all, I walk straight to the bathroom, grabbing the face towel at the table placed next to the bathroom door in the process and do the morning routine.

After a while, I was readily suit up with my running outfit. A pace counter was wrapped around my waist to record another achievement today. Finished slipped on my running shoes, I locked the door and pull out an earplug to hear some music when I was running later on.

The moment I took a step outside the porch, I do some more warming up and start jog around the neighbourhood to the nearest running track at my old school.

As soon as I arrived at the running track, I pulled out the earplug from my ear and keep it aside. Full concentration are needed to hit the top speed. Running for two laps during school holidays was a peaceful. Knowing how much stress that have been built inside of me since I started working make me run even harder and faster but still recognizing the limit that my body could handle in the short amount of time. Thus, I always use the time very well. Making sure that my body and mind get use of the heat and sensation of the blood pumping through my veins.

As I was finishing my last lap, someone ran past me in a flash makes my step slower and completely stop. Eyes scanning towards the runner. It was a boy? A man? His body is well built. His thigh and arm was toned. Don’t even know how I saw that when he was running fast like the second version of Usain Bolt but still, I saw that.

I stop running as I reach the stop point I made myself as always and start to do the cool down exercise. Standing with my back facing the track, I felt a gush of wind passing by behind me and I turn slightly, giving him the full access to the track. It is well known that taking the inner lane is a promising spot if you could control your pace and momentum and win any of the race you want, well depends.

I could win too if I want but nah, I wouldn’t. Why? Because I don’t care about race. Even though I like running. Grabbing the water bottle to gulp down as my throat are getting dry from all the running, once again my body make a light turn as the runner passed by. But instead of continue running, he went to medium pace and then slowly walk before he stop completely and cool down his body heat.

Well, I run too. That’s a basic thing to do. Warm up then cool down.

After a few minutes of boring a hole towards the sky, I pick up my mp3 player and an empty water bottle, I start to walk out from the running track to the main gate of the school. Sometimes it feel so good to be back on track again. The birds chirping lively and some of it flirting with another on the trees me smiles. Birds has their soulmate too. Just where on earth my soulmate go? Even at the age of 25, it’s still hard to find one. Do I have to advertise myself?

“Excuse me.”

What? Even birds could say excuse me too? Am I dreaming? Wait, a bird can talk?

“Miss—“a light tap on my shoulder makes me jump and turn around immediately. It was that boy, the 2nd Usain Bolt.

“Yes?” I asked in return. Bet my face was beet red right now. Ashamed? Nah, I just finished running. Red face is a must. Well, maybe a little.

“You dropped your towel.” He said as he handed me the light grey medium sized towel. He look so shy. He had his head down and by the time I reach for the towel, our hand touched lightly which make my chest throbbing in a happy state while the 2nd Usain Bolt jolted at the sudden interaction.

I was a liar if I said that the 2nd Usain Bolt are ugly because by the time I saw his back and by the time I saw his thick thigh muscle and toned arm, I was very sure that he is a hella find looking man because right now I was intimidated by his good looking face and good looking arm and good looking features.

Just why I had to meet a very handsome man at the time I was covered in sweat and probably smelled like a dirt. Hair messed up and face was red as a ripe apple.

“Thank you.” I thanked him and I was sure he is listening but nope, he didn’t.

“Eh…”his eyebrows furrowed.

“Oh, I thought I said it out loud and clear. I said thank you.” this time I make sure that he could hear me and yeah he did. His lips curled up in a smile which surely make my women heart fluttering and I’m sure butterflied are doing some flipping in my stomach.

“You’re welcome.” As we exchange the thank you, he excuse himself and I am not so sure that I will meet him again because this is the very first time I saw him here, around this neighbourhood and that too, I didn’t even get to ask his name.

As I walked home, my childhood friend greet me at the time I passed his house.

“Running again today huh?” he asked the obvious.

“Of course Yoongi. Without fail.”

“Lucky me I’ve loved sleeping more than exercising.”

“We’ve once running around this neighbourhood Yoongi.”

“as a child—“

“as a child—“

Then we both laughing at the sudden unison. Yoongi with his gum smile and me with the dorkiest laugh while clapping like a seal.

“Go wash yourself. Weekend is not an excuse for you to be lazy.” He gave a dismiss wave. His pale complexion doesn’t match his personality at all as I throw him the empty bottle statement hearing his statement.

“Says the one who doesn’t budge from his bed. EVERYDAY.” I scoff.

He gave a playful smile with his shoulder raised. My empty water bottle on his right hand. “Well, u know me. SWAG.”

“Swag my Yoongi. You’re no near that swag thing.” I said loudly as I make my way towards my porch. There’s one thing I like about this neighbourhood. The placement of these house is very neat and near with each other which make it easier to converse with your neighbour next door without the need to walk far.

“By the way, why are you up so early? It’s very rare to have you as a first person to greet me in the morning? It’s morning Yoongi. You always woke up by noon. I know you.” I asked him when he took a seat at the chair on his porch making us sits next to each other. (I told you the house is near. It’s like a twin house. Only 20cm distance.)

“Jin hyung blaring through my phone this morning. I just don’t understand why instead of speaking softly like a good guy with a handsome face like him, don’t tell him I said that, he choose to speak the mother language of the elephants by wailing into my ears. Making me regret letting my phone on. My eardrum would explode if he did that again.” He grumbled. His

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter