Final

And the Next Thing I Found,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I fell asleep and the next thing I found was that I'm back to the place where I grew up.

The only place where I started my dreams and developed my nightmares. The place where I experienced love, wellness and friendship, hate, sickness, and betrayal.

Everything was vague yet nostalgic as if I could feel the non-existent scent of the past, which I knew was there, but couldn't exactly smell. Evanescent. 

I was in the master's bedroom, where five windows opened and yet there was no air. An eerie silence, making me scared in my own childhood past.

I got scared and I found myself holding a notebook and a pen.

 

As I roamed around the place, I realized it only showed a small world.

A world with a limit. It wasn't new but scary because beyond that limit, I see no end.

I was looking for someone, yet I don't know what details of him or her.

It felt like he could answer my questions, whether a lie or not.

 

Then I saw him,  sitting on the roof of our house facing east.

The side that I always thought of as the unluckiest side, the scary side, the dangerous side.

I didn't know how did I get up, but something lifted me up and for the first time,

a gentle face greeted me.

Crossed legs, black hair and innocent eyes.

He greeted me with a smile that saved me from tears.

 

"I'm writing a story. Could you please help me?" I asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter