Nine

Nine to Twelve

--------------------------------------------------

Nine to Twelve

--------------------------------------------------

 

CHAPTER ONE

 

“Tonight ladies and gentlemen, we will hear two different songs. One, is the song for the ears and the other, is the song for the heart,” the radio muffled into the quietness of evening. Under the stars was a young couple, waddled in the backseat of a Volkswagen convertible and comforted by the arms of each other.

 

“So what are your plans after graduation?” Nichkhun asked the girl who was resting on his arms. Suddenly, a mellow song started to play. The girl found it familiar, she chuckled and looked into the boy’s eyes.

 

I have told you this a million times, I want to work at that publishing company where I took my internship,” the lass pointed her finger on the boy’s cute nose.

 

“You really have no plans of marrying me, huh Tiffany?” Nichkhun sheepishly sulks but with a sly grin on his face.

 

“Since when did you call me by my first name? Huh?” Tiffany playfully tickled his side, creating a boisterous laughter from Nichkhun. She didn’t stop until the latter gave up and acknowledge his seemingly rude behavior.

 

“How about you? Did you find work already? You’re so stingy with your plans. It seems like you’re the one who doesn’t want me in it,” Tiffany pouted like a spoiled four-year old.

 

Nichkhun started to scoot closer and rested his chin on the girl’s shoulder. He said, “of course I want you to be in it.” He looked at her with those endearing eyes, and whispered, “every waking day.”

 

As mesmerizing as the windows to his soul, the moment was capped with a sweet song from the radio.

 

“Siwon, Hee Jun will be late for a few minutes. Mind covering up for him for a short while?,” the producer stormed inside the DJ’s booth while they we’re off-mic. “Sure. I hope you don’t mind me playing song after song.” Siwon smiled at him.

The producer chortled at his eagerness, “just make sure you make time for commercials. You won’t be getting your paycheck if you always skip them out Won.”

 

Siwon nodded as he scrolled through the messages on social media. He picked out a few greetings left by fans for him to read on air. It was kind of routinely but he liked doing it for his listeners.

 

“And that was LANY with the track called ILYSB. Such an ironic song, but I liked how poetic the lyrics were,” he smiled while remembering a decent memory of how he came to know about the song.

 

“While we’re at it, have you ever loved someone so bad it started to hurt you?” He asked, as if he was talking to a friend while having a cup of warm cappuccino.

 

“I think it’s inevitable. Everyone needs to be heartbroken once in a while. If it’s the only thing that would make you grow, and maybe make you look at the larger scheme of things.”

----------

A/N: I think I came back sooner than you think.