I'll be there for you, Always

Will you be my Playground?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: this is not proofread so please excuse any typos or grammar error. Thank you. Enjoy reading!

 

Jinyoung and Mark have been best friend since their diapers days. They grew up together and literally do everything together since day 1. There is no secret between them and they will share everything with one another. As usual, both of them were walking back to their house after lesson together. Mark noticed that Jinyoung were occupied with texting someone that day and the latter’s smile was reaching his ear. Mark suddenly felt nervous seeing Jinyoung behaving in this way. He turned and asked: “Jinyoungie, who are texting? Why are you so happy?” Jinyoung finally looked up at Mark’s face for the first time that afternoon.

 

“Hyung! I’m so happy right now!! Jaebum hyung asked me out on a date tomorrow.” Said Jinyoung who is still smiling. Mark froze for a moment, not knowing how he should react to the news. Mark had a crush on his best friend for 2 years already.  He knew that his feeling for Jinyoung has all along been one sided because Jinyoung confessed to him that Jinyoung had a crush on Jaebum a year ago. After a few seconds of suffocating silence, Mark told Jinyoung: “I am happy for you Jinyoungie. Be happy with him.” After pausing for a second, Mark continued “But always remember that if you’re hurt, I am always here for you. I will always be silently looking after you.”

 

“Thank you mark hyung!” said Jinyoung, grinning.

 

Mark’s mind was blank for the rest of the journey back home. His heart felt heavy and all he wanted to do was to get home as soon as he can and lock himself in his room, crying his heart out while hugging the teddy bear Jinyoung bought for him few years back as a birthday gift.

 

The next day, Jinyoung bid goodbye to Mark after their lesson end as he proceeds to find Jaebum for their date. Mark was left alone in the empty classroom. He reluctantly pack his bag and leave the classroom. He felt so lonely and empty walking alone. On his way back, he saw the playground which contains lots of memories of Jinyoung and him. The playground where they used to run around and play together when they were younger. Mark doesn’t feel like going home so he settled himself down on the swing at the playground. From that day onwards, he will find himself sitting on the swing whenever Jinyoung is out on a date with Jaebum.

 

As days goes by, Jinyoung often come home late after his date with Jaebum. Little did Jinyoung know, Mark would sit on the swing waiting for Jinyoung to come home every day. He wants to ensure that Jinyoung is back to his house safely before he make his way back to his own house. Mark never let Jinyoung know that he was doing this thing. He would just silently look at Jinyoung from the playground and Jinyoung never once notice Mark was there.

 

Every night, mark will listen to Playground while waiting for Jinyoung to come home. Just like the lyrics, Mark always wanted to tell Jinyoung “now that I’m an adult, will you be my dream? I want to stay by your side, run around and play. Jinyoung you’re my playground” However, that never happens. He blames himself for being such a coward, for not having enough courage to actually let Jinyoung know his true feelings.

 

2 months have passed by. To Jinyoung, it seems like time flies really fast but to Mark, time was flying really slow. Every day felt like it was more than 24 hours to Mark. As usual, Mark was sitting on the swing at the playground waiting for Jinyoung to come back from his date. However, today, Jinyoung was not hoping and jumping back to his house while humming to some melody like he usually does. Today, Mark saw that Jinyoung had his head hung low, looking at the floor as he walks. Mark caught Jinyoung wiping his tears away as the latter is getting nearer to his own house. Without hesitation, Mark called out to Jinyoung.
 


“Jinyoungie!” mark shouted across as he lifted himself from the swing and walk towards the younger.

 

“Mark hyung? What are you doing outside here?” asked Jinyoung as he tries to hide his swollen eye due to all the crying.

 

“What happen Jinyoungie? Why are you crying? Tell me what happen” Mark did not bother to answer Jinyoung’s question. He was too worried about Jinyoung. Mark felt like his heart was being tied up. It hurts him to see the younger one crying. Jinyoung was silent for a moment before he whisper “we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter