Leader

Late Hours

Youngbin looks at the group blocking the opening, and then glances over at the two younger with Dawon at their side, scanning each of their faces carefully while placing the crutches against the wall. The coldness of the room is slowly disappearing as the tension generates almost painful heat, causing sweat to prickle. He lingers a bit, before opening his mouth, causing Taeyang to slowly lower his head, avoiding the cold piercing gazes of the others.

 

“What is going on here?”

 

A stern accusing voice escapes his lips. He squints against the group of men as he turns against Taeyang, whose defeated look is undeniable; though his hands are clenched, fighting back, one against his side, and the other still holding onto Hwiyoung. The younger hadn’t even looked at him through the whole ordeal, just stared ahead, unmoving, too scared to deny anything, but unruly glued to his friend’s side. He couldn’t help but understand where the other members were coming from, though refusing to betray the older. His flickering gaze had unsettled Taeyang as he had searched the other’s face before caving into himself, looking for a reaction. He had almost wanted to push the younger away, into the group of people, to make it easier for him. Just choose for him, make the already obvious choice even more obvious, because he didn’t want, to burden his friend. His good friend, that had been so worried for him, rushing to his side; his pretty face almost glowing, so warm, so soft, way too good for Taeyang. “He should be with the other members, not holding onto someone like me, I’ll just pull him down. He just doesn’t realize how useless I am yet”. But he didn’t push him. He didn’t want to cause him the guilt, because who would do that to their friends? Push them away? Hwiyoung would never let that one slide. His clenched hand is going slack, sliding down from Hwiyoung’s shoulder as he rethinks, lifting his head up slightly, to find his leader’s face in front of him.

 

“I brought you crutches from the hospital. It’ll be hard for you to walk for a while, so use these.” He gestures to the crutches leaned against the wall, eyes flicking away before falling onto his dongsaeng again. Taeyang cringes at his leader’s words, not able to deal with this aspect of the situation. His palms burn as he wipes them onto his pants, attempting to direct his own attention away from the symbol of his failure causally slanted in the corner.

 

Youngbin takes the younger’s hand and leads him over to the couch, leaving the still processing blonde to stand alone for a bit, face settled into a strained expression. He ushers the sun to settle down and places his leg up to the armrest, causing a small hiss to escape the younger’s lips from the impact. Taeyang meekly stretches out his hand to grab the elder’s pants, but lets it gently fall as he walks away, strides seeming like miles long from the view on the couch. His head is still throbbing and warm as he nudges it sideways to look at the white, plain wall, eyes slightly clouded with sleep that have been on and off the entire day. The other members had left to their rooms soon after their leader’s attention had been averted away from them. The room feels unusually silent and empty, only Youngbin left in the kitchen. Hwiyoung had completely averted his friend’s gaze while leaving the room, seeming almost shameful opening the door of their shared room before gently letting it slide shut.

 

Something cold is being placed on his knee, startling Taeyang, causing him to sit up to his elbows. He finds an ice-pack wrapped around his hurt, numbing the pain away, and Youngbin standing over him, almost a bit menacing. His face seems awfully tired, probably exhausted from the stressful day. His eyelids are drooping a bit and his arms are hanging loosely by his sides, fingers rubbing fidgety against each other. “He is probably mad because I have caused so much trouble. He has responsibility for the whole group, and I have been so unreasonable”. Taeyang is trying to avoid the leader’s gaze, frozen in place, heart racing as he breaks into a cold sweat. “is he going to scold me now? Tell me how useless I am?”. He is clenching his hand, caught up in his spiralling thoughts, not wanting to feel the distance between himself and his team. It feels awfully cold to be alone. That’s why he is trying his best to be good, so he can stay with the others. Those great people, he loves every single one of them, their looks, their personality, they are all so perfect and the fans love them as well. He wants to be useful. An important member that everyone can depend on. He works hard for it, but it seems like he hasn’t become any better.

 

The presence of the leader was almost forgotten through his clouded thoughts as warm arms wraps around his chest. His heart still racing, and is now almost beating out of his chest. A head of hair is placing itself on top of him, unspoken words almost killing the younger as he stays still, just wishing Youngbin would let go. “What is he doing? What is going on?” The soft breathing of the older is hot against his cool skin, still wearing skimpy clothes in the chill room, as he never had the opportunity to change. He feels like he is dirtying something pure with his damp skin as he lays here smushed against his hyung, silently panicking because of the sudden contact. He is prepared to try and wiggle free, ask Youngbin to go sleep in his own room, wanting to be alone with his thoughts.

 

“It’s ok”

 

Breathy words escape the leader’s mouth as his arms tighten around the younger, encasing him like a mother protecting her child. The older feels shivering fingers slowly falling to a rest on his back, warm palms trustingly relaxing onto his tensed body.

 

--------

If anyone wonders, the room-arrangements are the ones from 'Housewife Daughters' because those are the ones I like the most (don't question it).