Finale

Home of My Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s been almost three years that they had last seen each other. Life had been so complicated for them. Conflict of principles, arguments, fights, loss of trust, heartbreak … all these factors had driven a huge rift between the estranged couple. They once, used to be inseparable, being the eldest in the band, they would seek out each other whenever they were in trouble.

Despite being labelled as the awkward couple of SS501, Kim HyunJoong and Heo Young Saeng were close friends. They understood each other without communicating. Somewhere along the time, this easy, understanding friendship had become more than just friendship. They started harbouring romantic feelings towards each other. Finally, after leaving DSP, the pangs of separation drove them crazy and they confessed to each other. Except KyuJong, nobody knew much about them going official.

For three years, their relation went strong. But after Young Saeng left for military service, their connection got detached. When he came back, his HyunJoong was not that attentive to him, always making up excuses and avoided him. This caused lots fights between them. Soon rumours of HyunJoong having a secret girlfriend started surfacing. Saeng had his doubts so he confronted the leader. HyunJoong didn’t give any definite answer, resulting them to part ways mutually. It hurt Young Saeng when HyunJoong didn’t say one word to stop him.

From that time until now, Young Saeng had seen him on numerous occasions and both of them behaved with a polite professionalism for the sake of their members and for the world to see. Somewhere they had turned awkward like their debut days after their break up. Then HyunJoong left for his military service and gossips and scandals started spreading surrounding him and his ex-girlfriend. Young Saeng, though had broken up with the leader, still had full faith on him and never once doubted him, just like the other members. They were patiently waiting for the leader to come back.

Finally, with HyunJoong getting discharged from the army and all the scandals proven false, Young Saeng was much relieved. Thus, when KyuJong proposed to visit HyunJoong’s fanmeet, Anemone, to encourage their beloved leader, Young Saeng readily agreed. After so much time and after so much hardship, he knew how much lonely his former lover was. He could feel that HyunJoong needed their full support. Also, deep down his heart, he wanted to see HyunJoong and provide as much comfort as possible. After all, a part of his heart always held feelings for the leader even after they separated. When it came to HyunJoong, the cute lead vocalist always became helpless. He couldn't help but still harbour feelings for the leader.

Young Saeng and KyuJong reached the venue earlier and went to the backstage in order to meet HyunJoong. The leader obviously had not expected them to visit but obviously he was glad to see them. KyuJong was his usual chirpy self, fussing on his beloved hyung. HyunJoong was also animatedly talking to him. Then he came to greet Young Saeng who was still standing at the door, fidgeting, despite quite eager to see HyunJoong. An awkward vibe was oozing out of him.

“It’s been long, Young Saeng-ah. How have you been?” HyunJoong asked with a smile.

Young Saeng returned his smile, a little uneasy but genuine, nevertheless and replied, “I’m fine. But what about you? I’m worried about you. You went through a lot. Even now, you look troubled. Are you worried about the fans’ reaction?”

“I can’t help but worry.” Just as these words left HyunJoong’s mouth, something within Young Saeng undid a flood gate of emotions held safely within the confines of his heart until now and he flung his arms around HyunJoong's neck and hugged him, “Your true fans will never leave you and will understand you. Go out there and talk to them. Tell your heartfelt words. They will accept you with open arms.”

Young Saeng's gesture came unexpected but HyunJoong loved it. Young Saeng p

Please log in to read the full chapter