Chapter 1

Unravel Me | L. Jong Suk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]❝You're Late❞  [/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2] Pit-A-Pat» Kim Chung Ha | 050617 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]


Have you ever thought of what's going on in other people's lives? This might sound like a line from Inside out but don't it ever come into your mind these questions: 
Are their lives better than yours?

or yours is better than theirs?

If they actually struggle in life? If they are en—


"So, you're writing a novel now?" A hand landed on my shoulder that startled me to the point I was holding on to my heart. 


"You surprised me." 


I turned to see who was it, and its our Editor in chief, Chan. Whose eyes are still fixed on my writing.


"Ah, Don't! I said and covered my desktop with my little hands. "What's this?" He looked at me and pointed on my screen.


"Did you get–" I cut him off. "The report about the witch hunt about gay soldi–" my mouth instantly shut when he open his. 


"Where? Ya! You always send late reports!" He snapped. "You're always late like your reports." He added.


"No, I just send my report like 50 minutes ago."  He shuts his mouth and looked at me with a speechless expression plastered in his face. 


"Really?" He still couldn't believe I just did. 

"Wah! You're getting better huh, Ha Neul-ssi!" He boasted happily. It was slightly uncomfortable to hear him speaking like loud and full of air. 


"Ya, this is why I assigned you to interview Lee Jong Suk tomorrow." He coaxed. My eyes rounded with my jaw dropping in shock. 

"Your reports are always late but they don't need any rewrites." He laughs in a very annoying way for me. 
"Ah, Chan, you promised to give me a day off after this report." I whined. 

"Ya, I can't trust anyone else here, they might just fangirl over him." He said as an excused. "I will give you a bonus." He coaxed again. Which made me stood up straight. "Really?" My voice became sweet like a candy, with a hopeful smile plastered on my face. 


He just nod at me hastily. "Ya, just be prompt and don't be late." He said with his chin up and fold his arms to his chest. 


"Ofcourse, get us a ride." The grin smeared on my face became wider. His eyebrows had a reunion. "If you did, I won't be late." 

His eyes slowly squint in as his eyes were sending me this could-really-keep-your-word vides. I nod repeatedly trying to convince him and after a long pause, "fine. Ya, pinky swear!" 
I looked at him with a slight disgusted look on my face, "why?" I whined again. "Don't I look like someone who can keep their promises?" My face glowed up. 

"No." He raised his pinky up to my face. "My money depends on this. I'm spending-" 


"Fine, fine." I curled my pinky around his. My eyes looked up and saw the time, I quickly uncurled my finger and grabbed for my bag jogging away from him and towards the elevator. 


"Yah! Where are you going?!" He yell across the room, I faced him and waved at him. "Home." I happily yelled back. 


"Yah, It's not even 4:30 pm!" He yell. "Chief." Someone from his back poked him. "It's just turned to 4:30." He said. 
The chief turn his back and saw the clock, it was exactly 4:30pm. 


☕️

3rd POV


Snooze. Snooze. And snooze again. 
A common routine of people who partically thought they have nothing to do for today, or those "five minutes more" kind of people. 
and again, Ha Neul was awoken by the annoying yet terrifying to her sound of her alarm. "I really hate this sound." Her voice was throaty and sleepy. For the last time, she reached for her phone that was somewhere under her pillow, when she finally reached her phone, she tried to open her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter