First Day

Welcome to My World

"Girllll! What's taking you so long?!" Sandara Park's best friends, CL and Bom, screeched. It was the girls' first day at YG high. YG was known to be a school full of popular but smart kids, and it was intimidating for anyone in Dara's position who was coming to this school for the first time.

She wasn't alone. She had her best friends with her because they all graduated from their previous school. Still, though, many of the people she knew started going to other high schools.

As soon as the girls walked in, they already figured that they would be kinda off. Eight girls, all primped up and pretty, had a huge amount of kids surrounding them. "Hey, so that's what Yoona looks like!" "OMG, Tiffany is so freaking hot!" "Did you see those legs? Like--Sooyoung and Seohyun are so gorgeous!"

There was another circle of attention. Five cool boys who, as they instantly figured, didn't give a dang about the world, were in their own world as girl after girl squealed, said hi to them, and ran away with glee. 

"CL, we're dead." Dara whined.

"Come on Dara, we won't be so awkward here," said Bom. "Well--" she paused and looked at the rest of the crowd--"I guess."

The bell rang, and thanks to the girls choosing their courses together, they had all periods together. Relieved, they scampered off to their first period, math.

"Wow, at least we made it to the door," joked Dara. "I mean--WHOA!" She said as she crashed into someone and dropped all of his books. Dara looked up to see one of the five bad boys glaring at her and a legion of girls throwing her disgusted looks.

"Err, sorry?" She said. "Bish, please," snickered the sassiest of the girls, who she figured was The. Kim. Taeyeon. "Like, what do you want? Want attention? Here's some attention," smirked the cool Hyoyeon.

A friendly looking girl with the ends of her hair dyed blue nudged Dara. "The world is trying to win Jiyong's heart, so don't mind them." 

So his name's Jiyong. Note to self in order to not get embarrassed.

Problem was, Dara didn't care. "Girl, whaddya want? What are you worried about that a new girl's going to take?" But Hyoyeon couldn't care less.

"Hey. I don't know what you want, but I want you out of my way. Look at this drama you've caused."

"I've caused?!" Dara retorted. "How was this your business in the first place?"

The whole crowd was looking at Dara amusedly. Nobody messed with Hyoyeon and got away with it. So, in part because it's a high schooler's second nature and in part because Hyoyeon loved to do it, they started to yell, "Fight! Fight! Go Hyoyeon!"

Intimidatingly, Hyoyeon stepped in front of Dara. "Since you brought it this far..."

Just then, the math teacher stepped out. "What--" he saw Hyoyeon glaring fiercely and got back in the classroom and shut the door.

"Wait, let's have a fair match," snorted Hyoyeon. "What's your name?" 

"One that you wish you'd have," Dara replied, undaunted despite Hyoyeon's stare. Hyoyeon whipped a punch at Dara, and everyone thought that Dara would be out like all unfortunate girls who end up in a fight with Hyoyeon. However, Dara ducked one second too fast for her, and swept Hyoyeon on the ground.

Jiyong finally stood up and pushed Dara out of the way, expecting her to fall. And she did quite the oppositing by easily tripping him, smiling to the crowd and winking, grabbing her friends, and strutting inside the class.

Jiyong, not to forget, was red faced after being tripped by a new girl. Hyoyeon and the other 7? They've lost all the attention. The whole school, surrounding newbies so happily. That was a first.

Oh, and don't forget Jiyong's friends. They're part of the crowd following the girls, who quickly adopted the name 2ne1 and became extremely popular.

"Hey!" Dara smiled at one of her crowd, the girl with the blue hair dye. "Hey, I'm Wendy. You know, you've already swept the school. That's... odd. Oh yeah, and you should avoid Jiyong at all costs. If you've seen the other four guys that he hangs out with, they're OK. Not Jiyong," she helpfully added in. 

The day flew by like the wind, with 2ne1 being the hot topic the whole day. After going home, Dara settled down to her homework and decided that maybe YG wasn't so bad, except for Jiyong, Hyoyeon, and Taeyeon.

A/N:

OK, first I am sooo sorry to SNSD because they are my favorite group (tied with RV as you can see from my username), but I needed popular girls that get hated on for who knows why.

The ship will set sail :) soon, maybe on Chapter 5 or something. IDK, maybe a little before or after. But anywayz, if you're actually reading this, YAY! I know my writing is crap but I don't honestly care :) So thanks guys!

 

​​​