Chapter 1

Connections (Jaehyun Fanfic)

“You’re welcome!” you bid your goodbye’s as your last client from the party thanked you and took his leave. Being a well known artist had always been your dream, since you started to draw at a very young age. However, being in the presence of rich businessmen that had high expectations of you could be very tiring, no matter how much you enjoyed it.

Today was the 7th anniversary of the Kim family’s company, and as a very talented artist that you were, you were ofcourse invited to interact with other famous businessmen, and earn some good amount of money with your art. You came from a well off family, who’d much rather had you become a lawyer, but not all things go as planned, and you decided that art was the path you wanted to take in life. You were glad your family approved of this, so you had full support from home.

You packed your art supplies as everyone run over to the entrance of the building with camera’s, knocking eachother over as they did so. Not paying much attention to it you started to walk off in the direction of the bar, taking a seat as you ordered a glass of water. Not planning on going home drunk you turned around to look at what everyone was on about.

Wrong move.

Two pair of beautiful eyes were staring at you as you shifted uncomfortably on your seat, trying to shrug him off, clearly failing in doing so. You turned back to the bartender, and took a big sip from your water, only to be tapped on your shoulder.

“2 champagnes, one for the lady please” you heard as you saw a tall, blonde haired figure take the seat next to you. You took a deep breath as you turned to look at him with a polite smile.

“Thank you, sir. But I am good with just water right now.” You smiled as you lifted up your glass, trying to make it more obvious. He smirked as he took your glass out of your hand, putting it down on the table. You were surprised as his lips met the back of your hand, feeling a gentle and sweet kiss on your skin. You blushed as he looked back up at you, showing off his oh so beautiful dimple as he smiled kindly at you.

You didn’t notice you were staring until he brought you back to reality by introducing himself politely, his name sounding oh so sweet between your lips.

“I’m Jung Jaehyun, the owner of the Jung Companies, I’m sure you heard of them as you have attended this party. Who wouldn’t know anyway, I own the whole business world.” He smirked as the bartender handed his drink to him, taking an elegant sip out of his glass.

Okay. Maybe his ego could overshadow his handsome face. You lifted your eyebrow as he looked at you with a teasing look. However the next words that spilled out of his mouth were enough for you to forget the fact that he was just a little bit too proud of himself.

“Is a pretty face like yours really alone, or am I just imagining things?” he asked as he shifted in his seat, looking around to see if anyone was eying either one of you. You cleared your throat as you took a sip of his champagne leaning in to him.

“My boyfriend must be here somewhere, so I don’t think you should use your pickup lines on me.” You said as you leaned back, trying to cover up the fact that you couldn’t lie at all. You grabbed your purse in case he tried to continue and looked around to find some kind of distraction to use as an excuse to slip away from him.

Jaehyun chuckled darkly, finishing his champagne at one go. He opened his mouth to say something, only to be interrupted by a tall, muscular man dressed in all black. Jaehyun listened carefully as the tall man whispered something in his ear. His smug smile turned into a frown, quickly replaced by a smirk once again as he stood up from his seat.

‘’I gotta go check some stuff princess, you better remember your name by then so I can actually get to know you better.’’ He held your waist as he leaned into your ear, brushing his lips against your earshell.

‘’And I also know you don’t have a boyfriend, so save up your excuses and don’t try to lie to me. I’ll know anyway.’’ He grinned as he left you, 2 tall men by his side. What you did not notice was that he was very tall himself as well. You took a deep breath as you grabbed your purse and took a leave, trying to find atleast a decent place to fix your make-up.

You entered the bathroom and the smell of strong toilet perfume filled your nose. Damn even the most simple thing probably costs a fortune. Why would someone feel the need to buy such a strong scent for just the bathroom, unless someone took a big , of which the smell was too powerful to be overpowered by any kind of toilet perfume.

You tried to be quick as the smell started to make you dizzy. Quickly ruffling your hair a little, you exited the bathroom, only to be met with the two same pair of beautiful eyes as before. You groaned quietly as you walked over to him.

‘’You tried to escape me, but you can’t. I will find you no matter what princess.’’ You cringed at the word princess as you poked his chest rather roughly.

‘’Are you following me around? Or do you just possess some kind of natural stalker skill.’’ You glared at him as you crossed your arms on your chest. He could see the frustration in your eyes and it amused him to no extend.

‘’You don’t seem too happy with me I suppose. It’s okay love. We’ll be done for tomorrow. I just need you for tonight.’’ He smirked as he backed you up against the wall taking your hand in his.

‘’W-what?’’ your eyes widened at his response as you tried to push him away, your hand pressed against his chest. ‘’I’m not like the girls you’re used to, Jaehyun. I don’t just and go on with my life. And if you’re gonna try to buy me with your money, then save your attempts. I have better things to do than to be your little doll. Have a nice day.’’

You slipped away from his grasp as he bit his lip at your response. You walked over to the exit as you called a cab, making sure he didn’t follow you. Looking back you saw him glaring at the people around him as he tried to push off some girl off him, and you instantly turned back, stepping into the cab that had arrived and driving off to home.

Jaehyun called his guard over, telling him to get his car ready as Doyoung approached him with two glasses of wine in his hands. Doyoung and Jaehyun had been friends ever since they were kids, and remained best buddies until now, experiencing everything together, from dropping out of school to getting to the point of where they are now.

“Ooooh! Mister Jung got rejected! Is he gonna pout like a baby now?” Jaehyun interrupted Doyoung as he grabbed the glass full of wine, finishing it up at one go.

“Send one of your servants to the bedroom. Tell my driver to wait for 30 minutes if he arrives.” He spat as he walked upstairs, dropping the glass on the ground carelessly, only to be followed by small footsteps of one of Doyoung’s servants.