Mutual Pining for Three

Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“GRIFFINDOR!” The hat shouted, barely touching the hair on Jungkook’s head as the Gryffindor house table clapped while those sitting close to the edge waved him over as if the red and gold at the table was not enough to inform Jungkook of which direction he was to go. Smiling to himself, he headed over, feeling giddy and happy at his placement.

As he got to the table, Jimin shifted, making room for him while his new housemates around patted him on the back and a few offered their hands for shakes. He was in Gryffindor. HE WAS IN GRIFFINDOR. With Jimin, no less.

Looking over his shoulder, way passed the younger students on the Slytherin table to the back, he caught his brother looking back at him with a smirk on his face. Jungkook pushed his tongue out at him because he’d been wrong and Jungkook had been right.

“Slytherin.” Yoongi had said as they got off the train into London.

“No.” Jungkook had said, trying not to cry.

“I don’t know why you’re fighting it.” Yoongi said, laughing.

“I’ll be in Gryffindor… or Hufflepuff.”

Yoongi scoffed.

“No one wants to be in Hufflepuff.” Yoongi had told him.

I do, Jungkook had thought. Because Taehyung was in Hufflepuff. And Jimin was in Gryffindor. So he wanted to be in either one. He’d much rather be in a house with one of his best friends than follow Yoongi around in his boring Green and Silver anyway.

“Your whole family is in Slytherin.” Yoongi told him.

“Jihoon is in Ravenclaw.”

“Jihoon is a cousin. I’m your blood. Your direct blood. And I’ve set a tone.” Yoongi said, smirking. “So you’ll just have to follow… and be in Slytherin.”

Jungkook had vowed that he wouldn’t cry. So he most certainly didn’t. Because the water falling from his eyes were just… well, they weren’t tears. And he wasn’t going to let Yoongi get to him.

As he sat there, feeling proud of himself, Jimin dished food unto his plate, whispering tips to him about how to behave and what to do on his first night and how not to embarrass himself. He didn’t really hear much of what was being said, but Jimin’s voice did always make him feel safe and calm and protected. So he nodded, pretending to listen as Jimin continued to feed him and advise him throughout the entire meal.

*****

Taehyung followed the throng of Hufflepuffs back toward the kitchens because he knew he’d never get a chance to speak to Jimin or Jungkook. Not that night. The prefects would patrol and no one wanted points off when the term hadn’t even begun.

So the moment he entered his room, he pounced on his box, pulling it to the side of his bed as he threw it open and ransacked it till he came across the old, brown leather notebook. He pulled it out and got his quill set placed on his side table as he settle on his bed, leaning his back against the wall.

How’s Kookie? He wrote and waited. Who knew what Jimin was doing at the moment or what might be holding him up? They always talked to each other every night before they went to sleep but sometimes, they had to wait. Especially now that Jungkook was here. Maybe Jimin had gone with him to his room. Or maybe a senior had called him away. Or maybe- words began to appear beneath Taehyung’s scribbling.

He’s fine.

Details, Ji.

He’s more than fine. He’s popular.

Taehyung tilted his head as he stared at Jimin’s reply.

What does that mean?

They know he’s Yoongi’s brother and the sunbaes want to talk to him. They won’t even let me near him.

Taehyung smiled. Jimin had always been rather possessive of Jungkook. And even though years and years of conditioning from an independent Jungkook struggling to prove he didn’t need protection had taught Jimin to hide his possessiveness, Jimin never hid his feelings when he was with Taehyung.

They keep touching him and cuddling him and asking if he’s prickly like his brother.

It won’t last long. Taehyung lied.

None of them had ever been able to understand people’s fascination with Yoongi and his brain. Hell, even Yoongi seemed shocked by most of the attention he’d gotten in the few years he’d been in Hogwarts. But that was always their life. Yoongi took one step into a place and everyone wanted to know who he was and why he was and how he was and it was fun to leech off of that sometimes.

But as Yoongi’s brother? Jungkook got the worst of it. Everyone wanted a piece of Yoongi and they always thought they could get it from Jungkook. And Jungkook wasn’t one to disappoint. While he didn’t exactly encourage the attention, he didn’t shy from it. He spoke intelligently, he stayed silent when his seniors spoke, he was courteous and it most certainly helped that he was almost always the most beautiful boy in the room.

So if Jimin hadn’t said good night to Jungkook already, he’d best be on his way to bed because he wouldn’t be getting anything out of him that night.

How was the feast?

Don’t try to distract me?

What do you want me to do? How can I make you feel better?

Jimin didn’t reply immediately so Taehyung waited.

Tell me I’m pretty.

You’re the prettiest person I know.

Including Kookie?

Because Taehyung just liked to walk himself into those traps.

Including Kookie

He smiled and waited.

You’re such a liar but I’ll take it anyway. Kisses.

Good night.

Putting the book away, Taehyung started to undress when his roommates began logging in for the night.

This was certainly going to be an interesting year at Hogwarts. For all three of them.

*****

Jimin didn’t see Jungkook the next morning because the first years all had to follow the House Prefect out. He knew he wouldn’t get to see him during lunch and by the time it was time for study period, Jimin was angry with everybody.

“Stop.” Namjoon said, gripping Jimin’s thighs to keep him from tapping them anymore. “You’re making noise with it.”

“I’m sorry, hyung.” Jimin sighed, folding himself unto the bench as he put his head in Namjoon’s lap. “Kookie is missing.”

“No, he’s not.”

“I haven’t seen him since yesterday.”

Taehyung sighed heavily, falling into place beside Jimin. Jimin immediately transferred his head from Namjoon’s lap to Taehyung’s.

“I miss him already.” Jimin pouted, feeling Taehyung run his tired fingers through Jimin’s hair.

“You’ll see him later.”

“When can I kiss him?”

Namjoon hit Jimin on the thigh as Taehyung laughed.

“Don’t shock the poor boy.”

“He’s in love with us. Everybody knows it.”

“He’s a First Year.”

“So what?” Jimin said. “You’ve been kissing me since we were five.”

“And we’ve never kissed Kookie. I’m not even sure he’s been kissed before.”

“Well, Good.” Jimin said. “We don’t want him kissing anyone else.” He frowned. “Do we?”

“No. But the point is he’s not going to want to deal with that now that everything else is so new to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter