Ex-mind

The Dream

She walked into her ex’s house and looked around. People were scattered around; some drank coffee and some just talked quietly to each other. Her ex didn’t even glance up. She wasn’t sure why she was here, all she remembered was she had felt drawn here and when she parked she was shocked at the destination. Her best friend was sitting at the kitchen table with another woman but she didn’t know her. Suddenly music started, it sounded like there was a live band hidden somewhere in the house. Suddenly five men entered through a door way and started to sing and dance. IT WAS SHINHWA!! She stared, confused. The room went silent at first then everyone started to sing along and some got up to dance. She couldn’t focus on the members, couldn’t tell you what they even wore, not even her bias.

The rap section of the song started and Eric stepped into the room. She started to scream his name over the music.

“ERIC!!!! ERRRRRRRRIC!!!!! MUN JUNGHYUK!!!”

She reached her hand out to touch his when he got closer and he grabbed it and pulled her towards him. She looked up and could see the sweat that glistened on his tan skin. He wore a sheer black shirt that had silver sparkles all over it. The tape that secured the mic to his cheek had started to peel loose and she reached up to stick it back down.

He pulled her all over the room and danced with her, his smile was bright and his grip was strong, she wasn’t sure how she would get away from him. When they danced near her best friend she tried to get her attention; Eric was her bias and it didn’t seem right that she wasn’t the one up with him. She waved and shouted her name.

“TAAMMMMMMM!!!! TAMELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Her friend smiled at her and walked to another part of the room. , how was she supposed to get her friend up here if she walked away. They danced around the perimeter of the room and finally reached the place where Tam now stood.

She made a desperate reach and caught Tam’s hand and pulled her closer and brought her to stand directly in front Eric, who grinned even wider and took her hand and danced her to the other side of the room. Finally……………………

She woke up hot and sweaty like she had really been dancing but she was in bed and it was too hot under the covers. She stripped them off and lay sprawled on the bed, one headphone still in her ear, Ex-Mind by Hyesung had just ended. She checked the time, it was 4am so she went back to sleep after texting her friends to tell them about the strange dream she’d had.