ONE

Who's Gonna Walk Down the Aisle?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hurry up, Baek," Chanyeol said as the smaller male scuttled around. "We're gonna be late."

"I can't find my shoes," Baekhyun said, getting down on his knees and peering under the couch. "Have you seen them? The blue ones?"

"Did you check the bedroom?" Chanyeol suggested and Baekhyun straightened up, scurrying to their bedroom. Yeah, their shared bedroom in their shared apartment. They were in a live in relationship. "Did you find them?"

"No," Baekhyun shouted and emerged from the bedroom, pouting. "I think I left them at Sehun's this Friday."

"What? And you came back barefoot?" Chanyeol shook his head.

"I had my socks," Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Can we go to Sehun's place first? I'll get my shoes and then we can go."

"We're already late, Baek," Chanyeol said, scrunching up his nose. "We were supposed to get there ten minutes ago."

"But they're my lucky shoes!" Baekhyun said. "And this is important."

"Exactly. That's why we should go there, instead of Osen's."

"Fine!" Baekhyun fired. "I'll put on my super unlucky red ones then."

"I gave them to you." Chanyeol shot back. "How can you call them unlucky?"

"Because I wore them to Jongdae's Christmas party and the food was whack!"

"Ha, ha. Go get your shoes."

"Fine, Eomma!"
-
-
Twenty minutes later, the duo pulled into the parking lot of the main office of the famous wedding organiser, Hello Muse. It was a huge business so Chanyeol had pulled a lot of strings to land one of their best planners, Do Kyungsoo. 

As the two made their way to the tenth floor on the elevator, Baekhyun began to feel a little jittery. They were really doing this.

They were getting married!

Baekhyun still found it hard to believe sometimes. Even when they were dating, he thought it was too good to be true. And now, they were going to see a wedding planner. The mere thought of it was enough to make Baekhyun smile every ten seconds.

The two of them were lead by Do Kyungsoo's tall, dark and handsome assistant, Kim Jongin - "Call me Kai"- who took them past several doors to one that bore a plaque with the names Do and Kim written on it. Kai pushed the door open and the two filed into the spacious office. 

One of the walls was covered entirely with photographs. Of wedding venues, flower arrangements, table arrangements, the couples, cakes, the families, etc. Another wall had a window that ran the length of the room. There was a huge shelf filled completely with red files. Off to one side was a table and two unoccupied chairs. Next to the door were a few plush armchairs and a green loveseat around a small wooden centre table.

"I think that's mahogany," Baekhyun whispered to Chanyeol as they took in the furniture. Chanyeol slowly nodded in reply, equally amazed.

"Please, take a seat," Kai said, gesturing towards the loveseat. "Hyung should be here any minute- ah, there he is." 

Judging by the office, Baekhyun had been expecting someone tall and strict in a pinstriped suit. Kyungsoo, however, turned out to be a man in an oversized red sweatshirt, baggy jeans and huge nerd glasses. He was about Baekhyun's height and looked just as old. 

"Look at his lips," Baekhyun whispered as Kyungsoo plopped down on an armchair and gave the two a wide smile. His lips were really, really plump and became heart shaped when he smiled. Chanyeol nodded, the same way he had when Baekhyun had pointed out the mahogany furniture. 

"Wow, a gay couple," Kyungsoo said and then turned to Kai. "Our first time organising a same wedding, right?" 

"Unless you count the Sulay wedding!" Kai grinned and Kyungsoo threw his head back laughing. Chanyeol and Baekhyun exchanged blank looks.

"We had a couple here once," Kyungsoo managed to say between chuckles. "Suho and Jiwoo. Really cute- ha,ha- everything up till the wedding was fine but then Jiwoo is walking down the aisle and a guy-" 

"Lay! He tripped her," Kai continued. "Then he stole her flowers, gave them to Suho, got down on one knee and proposed to him." 

"What did Suho say?" Chanyeol asked, biting back a smile.

"He said yes!" Kai said and let out a hearty laugh. "The bride ran away crying and then Suho and Lay got married." 

"Ah," Baekhyun said. "Nice, but I doubt a gay wedding's all that different." 

"Yeah. It's happier than straight weddings, though." Kai said and he was met by blank stares. 

A moment later Kyungsoo burst into laughter and said, "Right. Cuz it's a gay wedding. LOL." 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol exchanged alarmed glances.

"He said LOL." Chanyeol whispered. 

"I know," Baekhyun whispered back.

"All right, then." Kyungsoo said. "Let's get down to business. Do you guys have a date in mind?" 

"Oh, yes." Baekhyun smiled. "10th August."

"Okay, that's a lot of time." Kyungsoo nodded and Kai scribbled down something in a notebook. "So what kind of a wedding do you guys want? A small cozy wedding or a huge wedding?"

"A small one," Chanyeol said, at the same time Baekhyun shouted, "Huge!"

Baekhyun sighed, "Chanyeol, we discussed this."

"What's wrong with a small wedding?" Chanyeol pouted. "Your parents, my parents, my sister and her husband, your brother and his wife, your nephew, oh and Thoben. Why do we need to go for a huge wedding?"

"That's it?" Baekhyun said. "That's your entire guest list? What about Mongryong? What's so special about your family dog?"

"He's small." Chanyeol said. "But I guess, Mongryong can be there, too."

"Are you kidding me? What about the best man? The groomsmen? The flower girls?" Baekhyun counted off on his fingers. "Why did you bring me here if you wanted a small wedding?"

"Because they're profesionals." Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

"Yeah! At arranging, like he said, huge weddings," Baekhyun pointed to the photo wall. "Look at them. Think how cool one of those will look on my instagram."

"You care about the pictures?"

"I care about the memories!" Baekhyun said. "We're only getting married once. Why not go all the way?"

"Fine. You win!" Chanyeol said, and Baekhyun threw him a smug look. 

"Okay." Kyungsoo said. "Huge wedding. Do you have any venues in mind? No? I suggest the Shilla. It's one of the most expensive ones. Jun Ji Hyun got married there so trust me, it's a great venue."

"Wah! The actress?" Baekhyun said and squeezed Chanyeol's hand. "That's awesome. Where did Kim Tae Hee get married?"

"Oh, I think somewhere in Jeju." Kyungsoo said. "You guys are localised to Seoul, right?"

"Do you guys arrange international venues?" Baekhyun asked and Kyungsoo nodded. "Daebak! Chanyeollie, let's get married in Hawaii. Oh, what about Vegas?"

"Vegas sounds good, honey," Chanyeol said. "But what about the guests? How will your grandma come? Air travel isn't good for her health. Right? Let's stay in Seoul."

"Okay, Shilla is cool, too." Baekhyun muttered.

"And any colour preferences?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Ooooh, cosmic latte." Chanyeol said.

"What does that look like?" Baekhyun said, and Chanyeol whipped out his phone, quickly typed something and showed the colour to him. "Oh, yeah. Nice."

"Right, and before I forget," Kyungsoo waved his hand between the two of them. "Who's gonna walk down the aisle?"

The three of them turned to Baekhyun who gave them an incredulous look, "Wha- why are you looking at me? You want me to walk down the aisle?" He turned to Chanyeol. "Do I look like a girl, Park? Go marry an actual girl if that's what you prefer."

"That's not what I meant," Chanyeol said. "I'm not going to do it either."

"Why not?"

"I'm too tall for it."

"That makes no sense-"

"Yes, it does-"

"Guys, guys." Kyungsoo cut them off. "Let's settle this calmly, okay? Well, then, uh, which one of you is the woman in this relationship?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. He had heard that question more times than he could count.

"We are two gay men." He said. "There are no women in this relationship."

"Oh," Kyungsoo said, his lips forming a perfect 'O'. "So then.."

"Who tops?" Kai asked.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun blinked at him. After a long pause, Chanyeol cleared his throat and said, "We alternate."

"Umm," Kyungsoo and Kai exchanged looks. They were stumped. "Oh, yeah. Who proposed?"

Baekhyun laughed tonelessly and Chanyeol said, "We-er, kind of proposed to each other at the same time."

"Really?" Kai looked astonished.

They spent a whole hour after that, discussing their roles in their relationship, but came no whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter