I. Kyungsoo

Undying

He sighs as he walks to the hallway. It’s another year of unsure fate, not that he cares though. He’s been doing this kind of routine for over 300 years so he’s used to it. He already met different kinds of people as he needs to move to another country every few years for his acquaintances to not notice his never-aging-18-year-old face but now, he’s back to Seoul, to the place where he was born 3 centuries ago.

The boy mumbled ‘at last’ under his breath when he found his classroom. This school is quite big in his opinion and it’s not that easy to find a one single classroom.

 

“I’m Kai. Kim Kai. Please take care of me.” He says, mentally cringing at the foreign name rolled off his tongue. He should be used to it by now as he’s been changing his name everytime, that he can’t even remember when is the last time he heard himself speak of his real name, but it just felt… uncomfortable. It’s like he’s not really meant to have even the most elegant name he ever used. It doesn’t fit him.

“Very well, then. Sit anywhere you like.” He simply nodded at her and roamed his eyes to the room until something, or rather someone, caught his eyes. His doe-eyes are glistening with what it seems like hope and shock while the corners of his heart-shaped lips are prettily curved upward.

He doesn’t want to admit it, but the boy is beautiful.

The said boy probably noticed Kai staring at him so he quickly lowered his head, but the immortal didn’t miss the red staining the said boy’s cheeks. He chuckled and walked towards the seat beside the boy, which is fortunately empty.

“Of course!” His professor chirps, “It will always be Kyungsoo” she laughs and started the lesson. Kai was confused for a moment but just shrugged it off, trying to listen to the figure in front of them although he is fully aware of the burning stare from beside him.

An hour has passed and their first class is over, so Kai stood up to go to his next class but a soft voice calling has him stopping in his tracks.

“Yes?” He asked, ignoring the familiar heat pooling in his lower stomach. Kyungsoo once again lowered his head and walked in front of Kai before kissing him on his left cheek. The hoots and catcalls from other students are left unheard as Kai stares at Kyungsoo, mouth agape.

“W-what was that for?” Kai stammers, unconsciously touching his cheek. Kyungsoo giggles and cupped his own red cheeks.

“I just…hope we get along well. See you.” The petite boy says and walks away.

An arm around his shoulders snapped Kai out of his trance. He turns to look at a boy, slim and tall, hanging in him as he starts to walk to his next class.

“Oh,” Kai says “Sehun, right?” The said boy cackles and slapped his back pretty hard. Kai winces.

“Oh Sehun, right, that’s me.” He chirps, grinning rather cheekily. “You know, I like you. Well, not in a romantic way, of course. Mind telling you, I’m taken.” he winks “So yeah, I want to be your bestfriend, like very bestfriend. Would you like that, too?”

“Uh, well—“ Sehun cuts him of before he can even finish.

“Yeah, I knew you would like it. So now that I’m your very bestfriend, I would like to remind you of something,” He clucks his tongue, as if he’s thinking something very important. “It’s about that boy who kissed you earlier, the name’s Kyungsoo. You know him, right?” Kai has nothing to say, so he just nodded. ”As you can see, he seemed to like to make the first move and he actually does that a lot. But the thing that confuses me is that, he has never been that shy ever since. Like wow bro you made that shy and cute. How did you do that?” Sehun finally exclaimed. Kai unconsciously furrowed his eyebrows at Sehun’s choice of words.

“Well, I—you actually didn’t ask me if I’m into boys.” The immortal explained lamely that has Sehun halting in his steps. He shows the face of a confused for a while but soon broke in a quirky smirk.

“Oh, don’t be like that you sweet boy. Everyone saw how you touched- oh no, that not the right term. We all saw how you caressed your bright red cheeks! Bro he definitely stole your heart!” Kai was just about to answer when Sehun exclaims as they finally found their room Kai never knew they were actually looking for.

---

Kai slumped down the sofa once he got home from school. His day went well, maybe except for the annoying stories of his newly-found friend Sehun (Not that he hates him though. Okay, maybe just a little) and the obvious stares from that boy named Kyungsoo. Yes, he hates to admit it, but the petite male was attractive. He never really confirmed his real ual orientation, but with him just having one real relationship ever since, and with a girl at that, he never expected he would be so much attracted to a boy.

A sudden weight beside him snapped him out of his trance. He turned to look and his face broke into a sweet smile at the sight of her.

“Jongin,” she says, showing her cute smile, as she tucks her hair behind his ear. Jongin chuckles and let her lay in his chest.

“How are you, love?” He asks and she hums, tracing patterns at Kai’s chest.

“All fine. Just some little headaches and body pains, but that’s all.” She whispers.

The girl that Kai only loved was from England. She’s the only one who knew and uses Kai’s real name. At first she knew him as Xander West, a man with too much knowledge about everything but as time passes by, they’ve developed feelings for each other and finally, Kai fell in love. Vlaineezia, or now much better known by her Korean name Chanseul, knew about Kai secret but she accepted it. They got married and now, they are living at Kai’s newly-bought mansion here in Seoul. Although she is now grey and old, Kai loves her so much.

“You seemed to be cheerful today.” Chanseul suddenly says. Kai looked at him with arched eyebrow and gently caressed her cheeks.

“What do you mean? I’m always cheerful. You make me happy, you know.” Chanseul chuckles and lifted his head off Kai, pinching his arm gently after.

“I know that, pabo. It’s just that, something’s weird with you. I mean, not in a bad way, of course. I saw that smile before.” She says gently causing Kai to furrow his eyebrow in confusion. Chanseul snorts and looked at him curiously.

“Tell me, have you met someone?” Kai looked terrified but he didn’t answer, instead he lowered his head and just fiddled with his fingers.

Chanseul shook her head, chuckling as she does so, “You know you can’t lie to me, Kim Jongin. That smile’s exactly the smile you show me when you first met me fifty-one years ago. So tell me,” She leans closer, their noses bumping each other. “Have you met someone?” It’s a mere whisper, but Kai hears it clearly. He reluctantly nodded and held her hand.

“I don’t want to hurt your feelings. You know that, right? I love you so much.” Chanseul snorts and held Kai’s hand tightly.

“You won’t hurt me, I mean it” The look on Chanseul’s eyes say that she really is telling the truth. “Is he pretty?”

Kai’s terrified look is back. He started to be a stuttering mess, saying anything comprehensible with a red attaining his cheeks. Chanseul cackles and cupped Kai’s cheeks to calm him down. He does so afterwards although the blush is still prominent in his cheeks.

“That says I’m right.” She chuckles “Wondering how did I know? I told you, you can’t tell even a single lie on me. So tell me, what’s his name?”

Kai shuffled nervously in his seat. “H-he’s called Kyungsoo, and he’s my seatmate.” He explains, fingers not leaving each other as he fiddles with it. Chanseul probably noticed the anxiousness so she hugged him, her not-so-white hair tickling Kai’s nose.

“I can feel it drawing near, Jongin. I don’t want to leave you, but I have no choice but to do so. I don’t want you to be alone again like you did before I came to your life. I want you to have someone to watch over you, to take care of you, and to love you as much as I do. I want you to be happy, so tomorrow, I want you to make sure you make a move on him, okay?” Chanseul explains, but she can still see the hesitancy in her husband’s face. It’s one single look in his eyes and she knew it. She sighs and draws Kai into her much closer. “I know you’re thinking about our sons,” She states. “But they will be fine. They’re now living in England happily with their own families. I’m sure they’ll understand our decision, okay?”

Kai finally smiled. Although he cannot fully accept it, he knows that Chanseul is once again right to her words (she has always been right), but he decided to not do it for now. All he wants is to spend his time with his wife. Kai cupped Chanseul’s cheeks and kissed her lips gently. Their lips mingle each other deeply, and surely if anyone’s watching, they would think it really is a true love.

“I love you so much, Chanseul.”

“I know, you idiot.”

"Aren't you going to say it back?"

"No"

Kai whines.

-

i know, it's boring like hell but look, kaisoo interacted! kyungsoo, you're great, like really great. and i really have no idea if i should be happy that i finished chapter one. but i'm so sorry if there are grammatical errors, please bear with me.

please subscribe, upvote and love me /winks;