063. Piano | Dongwoon

100 Day Beast Fic Challenge

063. Piano – Dongwoon/Dongwoon

Rated: PG

Person: First

Word Count: 282



I can’t tell you how many years I’ve trained. I haven’t trained for anything special like sports or anything that’s academic but I’ve trained in the musical arts. I don’t want to be a singer for a big hot shot entertainment company or dance in front of a million people for a showcase. I do have one dream though. The dream has to do with me and my white grand piano.

 

In school, I didn’t make too many friends. Not in elementary school, middle school, high school, or even college where I am now. One or two approached me but they soon realized that I wasn’t the right person to befriend. I was a bit of loner, so to speak, even to those who were considered to be ‘band geeks’ on campus.

 

People said my talent for playing piano is a gift, but I can’t help but think of it as a curse. Playing piano was never my dream. My parents made me do it but once I started, it became like an addiction. I kept going back and it became my life. Playing made me ostracized over and over where I went. However, once my fingers touch the cool black keys I can’t help but thank my parents for doing what they did.

 

Smiling in content, I sat down on the white bench and placed my fingers over the keys. I let them glide over them; playing a tune that is known all too well in the back of my mind. For now all I have to do is go to my happy place, the world where nobody can bother me.

 

That is a world with me and my white piano.