I'm for one.

Time Limit

 

Jonghyun sits on the sidetable by the window, his wings fluttering lightly behind him. The sun's morning rays touch his cheeks softly as he watches Minho sleeping peacefully on the bed.

 

"You'll be a beautiful scheduler, yet you deserve to live more..." Jonghyun whispers against the wind, gazing at the human with soft intent. Minho stirs and the scheduler freezes, he laughs at himself when the human continues sleeping and wonders why he's scared to get caught staring at the sleeping boy.

 

He gazes at Minho's soft features when he sleeps, he smirks when he think how strong these features become when the human becomes overly competitive (watching him before showing himself to Minho almost made him a stalker) or becomes highly emotional.

 

The bedroom door creaks and Jonghyun frantically hides his wings, knocking over a lamp and some books on the table.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I interrupt you guys?" Key's head pops in between the gap, Jonghyun looks at him with wide eyes, "Did you see something!?"

 

Key shakes his head, "I'm not sure what I'm not supposed to see though..."

 

"I'm for one."

 

Key's eyes widen in shock, "OH!" His reaction comes a little late since he just looked at the scheduler's face when he popped in that he didn't notice Jonghyun's just covered his private parts with a blanket with his torso and legs still seen as he stays seated on the table.

 

"OH! OKAY!!! I'm sorry!" Key runs out, a little mortified. He bumps into Taemin, "Oh, Taeminnie!"

 

"Did you see it!?" Taemin asks with eager eyes.

 

"No. There isn't a huge black bird in Minho's room."

 

Taemin pouts, still not believing Key, "I'm pretty sure I saw those huge wings by the window."

 

"There's a Jonghyun by the window." Key laughs, Taemin laughs with him, "Woah, he and Minho-hyung must be getting !"

 

"? How?" The older asks with a raised brow.

 

"They might be playing angels and demons. Jonghyun-hyung could be wearing wings and could be in costume!" Taemin claps his hand together as if he just said the most amazing thing.

 

Key laughs again, "Maybe that's why he asked me if I saw something I shouldn't have!"

 

"Maybe! That's pretty embarrassing. Getting caught doing some roleplaying!"

 

"Come on, let's just prepare breakfast." Key grabs Taemin by the arm and they march together to the kitchen.

 

-----

 

Jonghyun will definitely get a scolding from Jaejoong. How could he lose focus on those around him? He should have sensed Key coming but he got lost while watching Minho. And he almost got caught with his wings.

 

I really should stop this habit...

 

It's always been like that for Jonghyun. He loves his wings, if he can fly forever, he will. Being able to fly gives him freedom, gives him confidence - the things he didn't feel (according to Jaejoong with regards to his past) when he was still alive. So every mortal mornings, he spreads out his wings and just the feeling of the feathers brushing against his skin is enough to tell him he can and will rise above.

 

He jumps off the table, the blanket falling off him. He's about to pick it up when he hears a loud scream.

 

"I told you not to walk around !!!"

 

"Good morning to you, too." Jonghyun smirks as he faces Minho.

 

"Put some clothes on!"

 

Jonghyun poses in front of the human, "Why? Don't you like what you see?"

 

Minho turns away. He does. He ing loves what he sees and if Jonghyun doesn't cover up this instant, he'll get up and the scheduler hard, nevermind that Jonghyun will burn with human contact.

 

"Just... Put some clothes on." Minho whispers without looking at the scheduler, he covers his lower body with a blanket just in case his morning lingers longer because of Jonghyun.

 

"You know, I wouldn't stay if your ing suitcase is open. I can't guess the lock's combination."

 

"4756." Minho breathed, still not looking at the scheduler, he hears Jonghyun mumble a 'thank you' and his suitcase getting opened.

 

"You can look now, Minho." Jonghyun tells the human. Minho turns to see the scheduler wearing a plain white shirt, a thin black cardigan and his boxers.

 

"Put on some pants, if you don't mind." Minho remarks, Jonghyun pouts.

 

"Did you ever consider that our legs' length doesn't really match?"

 

Minho chuckles, Jonghyun throws a handful of shirts to his face, " you, Choi Minho!"

 

"You're so ing adorable." Minho walks up to him and pulls him into a hug, Jonghyun pushes him away, "I burn. I burrrrnnnn!" Jonghyun grits his teeth playfully at the last word, Minho laughs more as he squats in front of his suitcase rummaging for a pair of pants that Jonghyun can use.

 

"Here." Minho hands him a pair of straight-cut jeans, "Just fold the ends of it, okay?"

 

"I hate folding jeans!" Jonghyun complains, Minho looks up to him like a father would to a tantrum-throwing child, "So you'd rather have bare legs and walk around in boxers?"

 

"Fold it for me then."

 

"You're such a child, Jonghyun."

 

The human watches as the scheduler puts on the pants, Jonghyun growling as Minho folds up the ends of the pants just so it won't get in the way when he walks.

 

"I take that back. You're a puppy." Minho laughs, Jonghyun glares at him, "Shut up or I'll make sure you pass out until Thursday."

 

Minho doesn't make any remarks. Jonghyun notices the sudden seriousness on Minho's face and it's like they're back a few days inside the human's bedroom.

 

"I'm sorry." Jonghyun blurts out, the human looks at him with curious eyes.

 

"Is it fun to be a scheduler?"

 

"I don't get what you mean..."

 

Minho stands up from the floor and looks down on Jonghyun, "I... Only have a week now, and if I am to become a scheduler, I'd like to know some things."

 

Jonghyun smiles apprehensively, "You'll have that time to know... Eventually."

 

Their conversation is interrupted when knocks are heard on the door, "Stop playing as angels and demons already! Breakfast is served!" The oldest calls out and Key's voice screeches afterwards, "Onew! I told you not to tease them!"

 

Jonghyun and Minho looks at each other with wide eyes, "Angels?" Jonghyun asks, "Demons?" Minho finishes the other's question. They talk with their eyes in confusion until Jonghyun gasps, "Oh my god! They saw!"

 

"Saw what?!" Minho freaks out, Jonghyun's voice gets more frantic, "My wings! I think they saw my wings!"

 

"Why and how did they!?"

 

Jonghyun explains how he might have been caught, and how they won't be able to live the teasings down.

 

"Wait... You're supposed to know when they're coming... Unless..." Minho looks at him analytically, Jonghyun raises a brow, "Unless?"

 

"You're focused on something... Someone else."

 

"You cocky bastard."

 

"You're focused on me, aren't you?"

 

"I was focused on figuring out the lock of your suitcase or just breaking it in half."

 

Minho laughs, Jonghyun joins him. "Let's just go, puppy. I'm hungry."

 

"I'm not."

 

Minho stares at Jonghyun, "They're already thinking you're a freaking vampire and I'm your food."

 

The scheduler smirks, "But if you put it that way it's almost the same."

 

"Let's just go."

 

Jonghyun shrugs and just follows the younger boy to the dining room. The other three are already starting their breakfast when they arrive.

 

"Had a rough night?" Key smirks, before the pretend couple can speak, Onew cuts in, "Nah... Pretty sure they were flying high."

 

Jonghyun smirks, Four or five, if Minho tags along, can play this game. "Yeah, he's so awesome, I went slowly to heaven."

 

"OH REALLY?!" Key exclaims, he seems very interested, Minho stays quiet beside Jonghyun. The scheduler nods with a raised brow and a knowing smirk, he's just about to say something when Minho elbows him on his side.

 

"That's enough, baby. Taemin's here and we don't want to give Onew and Key any ideas." Minho tells him with the same cocky tone to tease their friends. The tallest sits on a chair with Jonghyun next to him. Key eyes the scheduler, "Not gonna eat again?"

 

"I... Uh..."

 

"It's a wonder you're still alive." Taemin smiles, Jonghyun chuckles nervously, he's been lying to them a few times already and really, if he's actually still human, it's a wonder he hasn't died yet.

 

"I guess, I can eat a little."

 

Minho pulls him a little and whispers to his ear, "You don't have to force yourself..."

 

"I can't keep this up, they're growing suspicious."

 

Key cuts them off, "YOU HAVE TO EAT A LOT!" Then proceeds on placing mountains of the breakfast he prepared on the scheduler's plate. "It's our last day here, and it's a 3-hr drive! We'll leave after eating, okay!?" And Jonghyun just nods in panic, Key's a mother - a smoldering, nagging, demanding but very loving mother.

 

Minho looks at him as Jonghyun takes the firsty bite, the scheduler chews on his food with subtle difficulty.

 

"How is it?" Key asks, Jonghyun swallows the food, and smiles, "It's really amazing." It's not. Not that Key's cooking is bad, he just doesn't taste anything. The resident umma smiles. Jonghyun takes another small bite, Minho squeezes the scheduler's thigh seeing that Jonghyun is having difficulty eating more. The rest continues to eat, not minding Jonghyun (who only picks up food on his plate when they're looking) anymore.

 

"Taemin, do the dishes. We'll pack up our bags so we can go."

 

"Let's go." Minho pulls Jonghyun up immediately who tries his best to stand and walk back to their room. When they're a few feet to their room, Jonghyun rushes inside and Minho's got a good mind of locking the door behind him so that no one will hear the scheduler wheezing his life out in the toilet bowl.

 

"I told you, you didn't have to eat anything!" Minho's half-aggravated, but fully concerned. "You're such a kid." The human tries his best to soothe the scheduler by patting him on his back.

 

"..." Jonghyun mumbles after he spits out the last of it, Minho looks at him with eyes, "What?"

 

"For a moment there, you looked more... Human."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Your eyes, they were darker, also your hair and even your skin..."

 

Jonghyun smirks, "That must be how I looked when I was alive."

 

"And you were a pathetic loser then? With that face...?" Minho still can't believe that someone as gorgeous as Jonghyun had very low self-esteem. He's not saying that the scheduler isn't beautiful now, but seeing his human self for a mere second is enough to compare.   

 

The scheduler right now has pale skin and light hazel eyes. His hair is a cross between brown and ash blond, and he's subliminal already, Minho preferred the human version though, at least Key won't have to of having a boyfriend pulled straight out of a vampire novel (not the kind that sparkles, that's too gay, even for Key.)

 

"Stop staring." Jonghyun tells him, waking the human up from his trance. The scheduler proceeds to leave the bathroom, Minho follows him.

 

"You're turning quiet again. Did I offend you or something?" Jonghyun asks when the human quietly packs his remaining stuff a few seconds after they stepped out of the bathroom.

 

"No." Minho shortly answers, Jonghyun scratches the imaginary itch at the back of his head. "Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah."

 

Then there's that awkward silence again, Jonghyun just watches Minho packing as he fiddles at the hem of his shirt from time to time.

 

"Uh, Jonghyun."

 

The scheduler looks up with a smile, it feels good to be not ignored, "Yes?"

 

Minho didn't look at him when he asked the question, which is a good thing because at least Minho didn't see how shocked and pale Jonghyun became.

 

"Can a scheduler fall in love with another scheduler?"

 

Jonghyun doesn't need to ask why this question came up, he just feels a different kind of cold sensation run down his spine. He's dead - double dead, and Jaejoong will cut open his throat.