Do you mind?

Time Limit

"That's sweet. Thanks, I guess?" Jonghyun scratches his head, a little embarrassed from the compliment.

Minho averts his gaze from the scheduler. He's getting a little scared of what he's feeling. It's still the same heart-stopping, butterflies-in-his-tummies-fluttering feeling whenever he looks at Jonghyun. The same exact, if not stronger, feeling he felt 2 nights ago at prom.

"Damn it..."

"Huh?" Jonghyun looks at Minho who looks a little pissed now. "Something wrong?"

"Eleven days. Never had a girlfriend. Nor a boyfriend. I'm a loser! Can't even pretend to like Taemin now because he'll be a total wreck when I'm dead."

Jonghyun laughs loudly, Minho joins him. "Don't think too much about it, Minho! I don't even remember if I ever had relationships before!"


"You probably had. You're a flirt." Minho laughs louder, Jonghyun shakes his head, "Nahhhh! I doubt."

Minho slowly turns silent and gathers his knees to his chest, "It's getting cold."

"I feel fine."

Minho blows air to his palms and rub it on his cheeks, he does it consecutively until he stops. He feels feathers touching his back and eventually hugging him.

"I can't hug you directly, but I hope my wings can help."

"Thanks. You got large wings."


"Yeah. I asked for a badass pair of wings!" Jonghyun laughs, Minho raises his eyebrows, "You asked?"

"I kid. We all get the same type of wings. I think it's to be able to carry the souls faster to the gate."

Minho smiles, he moves closer to Jonghyun. "This feels nice."

"Don't get used to it."

Minho turns quiet and eventually Jonghyun hears him snoring quietly. He gets a little sting when the human's cheek touches his shoulder. He's wearing a light fabric for a shirt and the human's touch is seeping through it. And he doesn't care.

"Jonghyun, be careful."

Jonghyun sighs when he sees Jaejoong flying in front of him.

"It's okay, sunbaenim. It won't hurt as much as earlier."

"I don't mean his cheek. Jonghyun, you're no longer human. You can't fall for a human anymore."

"You're looking too much into this, sunbaenim. This is nothing."

Jaejoong sighs and crosses his arms over his chest, "You're such a kid. Well, whatever. Just... You're aware of what's the most possible outcome of this anyway, so just... Be prepared. Be strong."

Jonghyun smirks, "I'm just having fun.. Besides, we're schedulers. I don't think I will feel what you fear I will for this kid."


"I'm still skeptical about this. If you let your human emotions get to you, I bet you won't even give him the choice, you'll just give the better option."

"Don't get ahead of everything, sunbaenim." Jonghyun sounds firm and ticked off. "He's in my care, no matter how childlike I am. I will give him the choice. Not the option."

"If you say so. I'll go on ahead." Jaejoong nods then flies away from the two.

Jonghyun watches him disappear then stares at the stillness of the city. It's as if time has stopped, the air feels light and it feels good.

"Unggghh..." Minho removes his head from Jonghyun's shoulder, "I fell asleep... I'm sorry." The human scratches his eyes and yawns a few times. He realizes he slept on Jonghyun's shoulder so he rubs it with his sleeves, "Did I burn you? I'm sorry..."

"It's okay." Jonghyun smiles, "Let's fly back home."

Minho nods like a child and stretches his hands, Jonghyun smirks. Minho had removed his gloves earlier but the scheduler heeds no mind and takes them, even if he feels a slight burning sensation on his gloved hands.

"Don't let go..."

"I will never. Just trust me."

And the scheduler flies swiftly across the city, not caring if Minho's sleepy state is weighing him down. The human's muscular and taller, he's had difficulty earlier even with Minho cooperating, what more now that the boy is dozing off and losing control of himself.

"Home." Jonghyun tells Minho when they arrive by the human's window. It's almost dawn, and the sky's turning indigo outside.

"Thank you." Minho smiles lazily and jumps inside his room, "Are you staying?"

Jonghyun steps inside the room as his wings disappear, "Do you want me to? I've been taking your life's energy the whole day, little by little when you woke up. Are you feeling okay?"

"Drowsy, but I won't die from it I'm sure. Stay."


"Okay." Jonghyun calmly tells him and then rummages Minho's closet, "I'm borrowing some pajamas."

"Shower at least!"

Jonghyun laughs then runs towards Minho, "I don't sweat. I don't smell. I only smell however you perceive me to."

"Lavender?"

Jonghyun smiles, "If you think I smell like lavender, I will smell like lavender to you." The scheduler walks back to the closet and gets back to what he's doing.

"Jonghyun! What the...!?"

"Whaaat??"

"Do you mind?"

"Whaaat?"

Minho averts his eyes from Jonghyun who surprises the human when he gets in front of him. As in literally stark in front of him.

"Oh. I thought you being a soccer captain is used to guys running around everywhere in the locker rooms."

"I'm used to it, but come on! This isn't a locker room, this is my own bedroom!"

Jonghyun laughs loudly then walks back to the bed when he's done changing.

"Minho?"

"What?" Minho looks at him with curious eyes.

"How do I smell now?"

Minho shakes his head and lies on the bed, "Nothing. I smell nothing."

"Go to sleep. It's morning already."

"How about you?"

"I don't need to sleep."

"When I wake up later, will you be here?"

Jonghyun lies on the bed next to him, "Probably."

-----

"How long do you plan on sleeping in?"

"Go away, Key..." Minho retaliates in his half-asleep state. Even without looking, just the high pitched voice is enough for him to recognize his friend.

"Are you two living together now?" Onew asks, Minho immediately springs up from the bed.

"What?"

"Your boyfriend's still here. I guess when you admitted it, you made it loud and clear." Key sarcastically remarks with another of his famous raised brow.

"He IS here..." Minho smiles when he sees Jonghyun sleeping soundly beside him.

"Anyway, it's a Sunday afternoon. Come on, let's go somewhere." Key tells them, waving his hand to signal Minho to follow him and Onew downstairs.

"Wait, Key..."

"Hmn?"

"Is... Taemin coming?"

Key nods, "Yeah. He was here but when he saw Jonghyun, he went back to the car..."

The couple leaves Minho and Jonghyun alone, the human shakes the scheduler, "Wake up, Jonghyun."

"I'm awake. I just pretended to sleep when I felt them coming."

"You could've just left so they wouldn't have to see you."

Jonghyun pouts, "I thought you'd want me here when you wake up..."

"You're like a puppy, do you know that?"

"Fine. I'll leave!" Jonghyun tells him then tries to jump off the bed but Minho grabs his wrist. "Stay!"

"Okay! Let go now!"

Minho laughs loudly as he releases Jonghyun from his grip, "See!? Like a cute little puppy!"

"Wow. You're liking this, huh? Well, enjoy the rest of it while you live."

Minho turns quiet then just goes straight to the shower. "What did I say?!" Jonghyun calls out but Minho shuts the door behind him without any response.

Jonghyun rummages Minho's closet for a change of clothes and dumps the used pajamas to the hamper. His own clothes disappear when he picks it up from the ground. "Hmnph. I'd really look like I'm living together with this alien."

He contemplates on himself whether to tell Minho or not that he actually needs to go back to their 'home' everyday so he can change into 'human' clothes as they are likely to disappear each day.

"Eleven days, Jonghyun... It will be over soon..." He tells himself as he waits for Minho to finish.

There are knocks on the door, and Jonghyun answers it, "Good morning, ma'am..."

It's Minho's mom, "Hi, Jonghyun-ssi. You slept over?"

Jonghyun steps back a little hoping he can avoid a bit of Minho's mother's life energy, "Yes... Sorry about that, I don't think Minho was able to tell you..."

"Ah that's okay! Kibum and the others often sleep over too! I just wanted to check if he's done because his friends are waiting outside the garage..."

"He's just showering... We'll be down in a few."

"Alright." Minho's mother smiles and then leaves the room.

"Who was it?" Minho asks, half- with a towel wrapped on his waist.

"Your mom..." Jonghyun closes the door again, "She was just checking if you're done..."

"Uh-huh." Minho seems uninterested and just proceeds to changing his clothes.

"Did I offend you again?"

Minho stays quiet and ignores Jonghyun completely.

"Oh come on... What did I do?"

Minho turns to him, "I don't like talking about my death anymore... Please. I'm still human and I'm still scared."

 

---------------------------