Butterflies

That beautiful day

Earphones with Ed Sheeran song played on my phone is the best thing ever. Its Saturday morning and I got nothing to do other than scrolling my instagram account. There are tons of flawless girls. Gosh I’m so insecure with all of these. Wait, why he keeps on calling me? We talked for three hours yesterday. Yeah just pick it up

“What you’re up to?” He asked.

“Nothing. Just scrolling through my phone”

“So um, are you free tomorrow?”

“Yeah I am, no homework and my girls are so busy hanging out with their families. What’s up?”

“I wanted to try this new restaurant and I wanted to take you out if you don’t mind”

“Your boys, where them at?”

“They’re just busy practicing for tournament next week”

“You’re in the game too right?”

“Yeah I am but um.. can we just go out tomorrow?”

“Why? Is there something wrong?”

“No, I just wanted to spend some times with you”

“um o..kay… Sure. What time?”

“I’ll call you when I’m on my way to your house”

The next day~

“I’m on my way” A text from him popped up in my phone.

Thank god I woke up early today. He wanted to hangout this early? Wow. Okay so um I really don’t know what to wear. Purple or pink shirt? Gosh this is confusing. Should I put on more makeup or just natural? Wait we just wanted to eat and he’s not even my boyfriend. Get yourself together honey.

So, this is the outfit that I wear for today. Cute purple denim shirt with white jeans, natural straight hair and just a little bit makeup. Why am I being nervous though? He’s just a friend and not more than that.

When I was on my way down the stairs, I saw him talking to my mom. He’s really friendly to be exact and my mom really likes him from the moment he started to come to our house whenever he wanted to ask me out. Yeah he’s a great friend.

“So how’s your studies?” My mom ask with a genuine smile.

“It is okay. Thanks to your amazing daughter for helping me a lot with my studies. She’s been that wake me up every morning aunty” He replied.

“It’s your final year right?” My mom asked again

“Yes. I’m doing my intern now”

“Lucky for you. She’s been crying a lot as her third year is kinda tough for her and all the things that happened with her best friend. I just don’t want her to feel that pain again”

“She’s doing just fine now Aunty, she can finally let things go and it’s not her fault”

I hummed and he looked at me with such beautiful eyes that I couldn’t describe how handsome he is on that moment like I wanted just jump and kiss him on the lips. Gosh stop it, control your wild mind please.

“Hey, did you wait for so long?”

I asked “No. I was just arrived”

“Okay um so let’s go then.” “Mom see you then love you ma” I said while hugging my mom.

“Take care honey” Mom said

He wears a cute white shirt with blue denim jeans. It just so cute. Gosh I can’t believe I am going out with him. Babe, this is just friends hanging out okay? While in the car, I can’t keep my eyes off him. Gosh, the way he drives driving me crazy. He’s so hot. We’ve been hanging out for thousands times but I still can’t deny the fact that I would constantly staring at him whenever he focuses on the road.

“You’re not eaten yet?” He asked

“Nope. Why would i?”

“Great. This place that I wanted to take you is amazing”

He took me to a garden and why wouldn’t I see any restaurant here? Is he plays some kind of prank on me? Okay calm down honey it’s nothing. I stand at the middle of the green beautiful grass and take a moment to appreciate the amazing scenery. Then, I saw someone bent over his knees and looked at me with those loving eyes. Yeah it’s him. Okay why would he do this? I’m not even his girlfriend.

“Babe, I wanted to make a confession so hear me out” He said with shaky voice.

“Joe, your knees will get hurt if you're sitting like that”

So I sit on the grass and pull he in to join me.

“Okay, now you can do the talk” I said to him while patting on his legs.

He looked somewhat confusing. But yeah nevermind. We were sitting while facing each other with my knees meets his.

“Yeah it’s better this way” He said

“What did you wanted to tell me?”

“I know it sounds crazy but I’m so in love with you. I always wanted to tell you this but you seems like you didn’t have this same feelings. And I was afraid and insecure that you would reject me for being me but I feel the happiest when I’m with you. I love it when you keep staring at me whenever I drive. You didn’t know how nervous I was when you did that and I love how you looked at me and I love everything about you. I love your mad face, funny face and your expression right now”

I was so shocked because nobody has ever did this kind of sweet confession to me ever. I didn’t know how my face looked like on that exact moment and all I know is that I’m in love with him too. So I accidentally kissed him on the cheek.

“I’m sorry that I kissed you on the cheeks. My head spontaneously did that. I wanted to tell you that I’m in love with you too”

I wanted to say more but he kissed me right away on my lips. Repeat, on my lips. Gosh I never expected this. I’m so lucky to have him.

“I love you” he said when we break apart to get some air

“I love you too” I replied