다시 한번 그때로...

그럴 텐데 (I would Have)

 

Play it^

A/N: Italic words means past tense/flashback.

The compatibility we share with the one last beat of the drum,it ends up very well like usual.It had been a whilst since this indulgence of beating the drum hit my nerve.

As pretty and perfect as usual we end the last beat together.

As pretty and perfect as usual the smile on her face when she turns her gaze to me ; next to her.

Two drum sets are just setting up next to each other in the studio we share together for practice.

Her gestures of throwing the drum sticks before drop the first beat on the drum still haven’t yet rusty and the same as before.Her skills haven’t yet get any rusty even for a whilst.

“Yujin,you are still as good as before,”I praise for how much her skills of not getting rusty even though she told me before that she haven’t practice for a while and afraid that she might ruin everything if she starts to play it.

“Really,oppa?I haven’t play it for a while after I move out,”she is as humble as always which she never really acknowledge of herself as the best drummer.

However,she is the one and only student who I ever teach would be that indeed talented.Yujin never disappointed me ,she listens well to what ever I told her and practice hard.I’d once ask her why would she want to learn drum as I mostly seen the girls would like to learn something more gentle music instruments like piano,violin and harps.Yet,Yujin is the special whereas she doesn’t need all of those;

 

 

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo,saem.I’m Kang Yujin.I will be in your care from now on,”a girl greeted.

I scanned her from head to toe and wondered why would a lovely girl would like to learn a wild style music instrument.She looks so elegant by her appearance and the smile she had on her face.She would have been a piano students in Wonpil-ssi's class or maybe playing the soothing harp would suit her very well too.Yet,why would her came here.Could it be she walked into a wrong studio?Could it be she is actually looking for piano lesson instead?

“Kang Yujin-ssi,are you sure you walk into the right studio?”I gestured to the drum sets behind me – attempting to point out as if she get into the wrong studio.

Not to judge a book by its cover,but a lovely girl like her,I seldom see they would like to take drum lesson from me.In fact,a lovely girl like her would be popular in Wonpil-ssi piano lesson in this building.

The drum instruments constantly drew interest of some males and sometimes some females as well who were more likely boyish-style instead like this lovely girl right here.Her appearance didn't really nailed to the drum,for real.

She giggled,”No,I don’t think I walk to the wrong studio.I’m here to take drum lesson.I had already register my name in the counter and-“she placed down her backpack on the ground and rustling the things inside ,”Here,this is my form,”she handed in the form she filled in the counter.

It was indeed drum, she didn't get to the wrong studio.I shouldn’t have judge a book by its cover.

“I’m sorry for the misunderstanding,”I apologized ,I could felt my the heat around my face,the blood circulation flowing quick spreading on my face after the embarrassment.

“Uhm,are you alright?Are you possibly feeling hot ?”she noticed how my face bursted red, as red as a ripen apple.

“It’s okay.I’m usually like that.”

I was born like that ,my ears especially,will get redden when I was embarrassed of something.It was inherited from my family.

“So,do you play drum before,Yujin-ssi?”

“No,this is the first time,”she replied frankly,”I don’t know anything about drums before but I do some research of it through the internet and why would I choose drums,it’s because I really admire of every drummers who is the back bone of a band,even though they sit behind ,not getting any spotlight like guitarists,bassist and keyboardists do ,yet their beat is the life of a band.This is why I really want to learn drum.I want to feel what a drummers feel,”she briefly explained of her interest towards drums was literally come from her admiration towards drummers.

She was so honest of her own interest towards a music instruments.

“I hope I won’t be a bad student for you,saem,”she became bashful all of the sudden.

 

 

 

Who  would ever thought that of someone who never learn any music instruments especially the drum would become the most talented student I ever teach in the studio.

Working as a part timer in the studio,working as a drum lecturer there due to my family tighten financial,I had to do part time job at the same time continue with my college studies as well.I’ve to work to afford my family’s life after my father met an accident whereas he lost his legs and have to use the wheelchairs for the rest of his life.As their only son,I have the responsibility to look after the family.Before the accident,father used to told me never give up to what you want,I’d choose to play drum and taking part as an art student in a art college ,I never want to give up of it .He is the one who encourage me,I don’t want to disappointed him.With that,no matter how hard and bitterness it was my life as college student back then,I still managed to go through it  by never giving up.

I did at last by graduating from the art college and become the one best student in the college, specifically in playing drum.

However,what is the point of being the best drummer if a drummer couldn’t find the right beat anymore ? The beat will only sound lifeless.

 

 

Yujin is the one and only student that I lectured in the studio who was so potential and practice hard.We both are so compatible when we played the drum.She is also the one who I talk so much to,not as a lecturer to her but as a friend to her.She is an easygoing and lively girl.

At first,I thought she will be someone who will give up easily after a few lessons like some of the female students I had before who couldn’t stand the hardships of playing a drum and the strength you should have and stamina to beat each of the drum with different energy gives a different kind of sounds.

 

 

 

“No,this is not how you should do it,”I snatched away the drum sticks from Yujin – trying to teach her the right strength she should used for playing a jazz style beat of the drum.

Girl constantly doesn’t get it right for this strength part as they were unlike us who have a strong strength than them.

I turned my gazed at her who sitting silently on the chair not even concentrating of what I was trying to teach her for the right strength to use.

I knew this will be coming.It was only just a few lessons I gave her.She looked like had lost her interest towards it.

This is the reason why I had a half hearted towards female students I lectured of teaching them.They couldn’t stand the hardships and reprimanded by me.Which was also why my salary would never be the same in every month as mostly the students I teach would left after just a few lessons,reason was because I slightly reprimanded them.

I am a drummer and I have fond to the drum.I wouldn’t want anyone to dirt the drum instruments over just because of their so-called-interest towards it for just a few seconds afterwards,it was just afterall an empty talk.

“Are you listening?”

Instead of answering me,I heard a whimpering sound from her.

As expected,she couldn’t stand of my strictness like others.

“I’m sorry,saem,”she apologized before risen up from her seat and stormed out from the studio,leaving earlier.

Again,I lost one of my student which I never really highly expecting that she would really stay long.

 

 

 

“It is really nice to play with you again,oppa,”Yujin smile,the smile I had never seen for a whilst.

How long have I long for that smile of hers after that time.

“I’m happy to play with you as well,”the pleasant feeling in me that I can’t describe as well to be able to see Yujin and play the drum along with her.

Reminding me of the past when we will walk together to the subway after the lesson.Along the way ,we would chattered about music,specific drum as well.

 

 

 

Yoon Dowoon,do you really have to be that persistent to your own principle of drums.You are here to earn money by teaching them playing drum and not reprimanded them of not appreciating the drums.

I should probably look for another part time job from now on,the employer probably will fired me anytime now,for this month,I had lose 7 students including Yujin will be 8 now.What kind of employer would stand me of making them facing loss.

The medicine fees,the bills and everything are about money,how am I suppose to afford it if I lose the job?

Should I give up by drum sets?Perhap,I should sell it as second hand as if I couldn’t afford it anymore.

I’ve been living my life with my drums,they are part of my life.Giving up them like giving up my life.

However,father need medicine and the bills need to be clear,money is the prior.

Maybe I really should just sell it off.

I remembered I have some friends who need a drum sets.Since,today will be no one coming as well as Yujin probably won’t be here anymore.I should contact them about the drum sets.

 

“I’m sorry for being late,”someone barged in and gasping.

“Yujin?”I was startled to see her to show up today.I thought she had give up on drums.

“Sorry,saem for leaving yesterday without saying anything,”she bowed to apologize,”And sorry as well for being late without texting saem about it,”she bowed for the second times.

“Ah…it’s alright,”I totally underestimate of this girl,she was so tough than her lovely appearance who she could stand of my strictness towards her.

“I took my mother home from discharging from the hospital just now.The subway was so crowded which is why I couldn’t make it in time to here,”she explained.

“Hospital?Is your mother alright?”I was startled when she mentioned of the hospital and her mother.

“She fainted yesterday during the time I came to here for lesson.I got the text from my neighbour about it and I was so worried about it.So,I lose my concentration because I am so afraid that my mother will not be well after the text,”Yujin explained.

The fact,she wasn’t weeping because of me reprimanded her but she was worry of her mother.

I had misunderstanding her.I felt like I have to apologize to her.

“I’m sorry,”I apologized as I really had misunderstanding her.

“Ne?Why would you apologize as I am the one who really should be reprimanded yesterday because I lost focus and didn’t listen to you well,”she scratched her back head with that awkwardly smile,”I promise not to repeat the same thing again next time,”instead of blaming me,Yujin literally reflected of her own fault for not listen well during the lesson.

Unlike the other students before who mostly blame on me for being ridiculously reprimanded them whereas it only show of their no appreciation towards drums.

 

 

“It’s kind of late,”I figured out of how late it had been.Today lesson ended a little bit late as Yujin requested of it for her late of coming in.As she had passion for it,I didn’t really mind.

“Yeah,I almost forgot the time,”she turned her gaze at me , likely to request something,”Can saem walk me home?”she blurted out.

“I don’t know as I live nearby your house or not but I think it is kind of—“

“I live at Street 27,”she said.

Coincidentally , I lived nearby too.I never really knew that Yujin was my neighbourhood.

“By the way,saem,it’s seem weird to be keep calling you saem as our age doesn’t really had that big difference.Just—“she counting the between us,”- that’s make 5  years only ,can I address you as Dowoon oppa?”

Her bluntness just hit me,no one ever specific a girls will be that blunt to me except for my own mother.Despite of her young age,she was so blunt and straightforward in everything.An easygoing girl.Not shy to ask.

“Yes?”she directly stared at me while walking along the street to the subway – I felt like being stare into my soul by a girl who was younger than me.

I simply nodded without saying anything as my ears had reacted to it- turning as red as an apple that I could feel the heat of it.

She giggled silently after I nodded,”Are you really alright?Your ears bursting red so much,Dowoon oppa,”referred  to my ears – as expected.

However,her giggles gave me more blood circulation flow into my ears,my heart starting to get abnormal beating fast.

I never realized Yujin had that pure and pretty smile that almost melt my heart.

I started to develop interest of this girl.Her bluntness,her pure and passion towards drums as well as her toughness that I had underestimate it gave me another whole point of view about her.

 

 

Ever since I started to play drum,I had completely dived into this instruments.My breath is drum,my soul is drum and my life is drum.

With that I never really have those spare time of meeting a girl and have some kind of date.It could be say that I have no time for it as every single time and day,all I would do is spending with my drums.

For girl to stand of my obsession towards drums instead of caring about her- it is kind of hard.As mostly no girls can stand of their own boyfriend who spend more time with something else than have time of remembering everything they have done such as some anniversaries and gifts to be giving during that time.

Hence,I had end up to be single since I started to play drums.

“Oppa,how about we head off the café we used to hang out at after practice?”Yujin suggests .

Like before,after we practice,we both will be heading off to the subway together and sometimes as times allow which was still early,Yujin will suggests to have some drink in the nearby café .We would talk all night long at there – mostly Yujin was the one who talk more than I do.

Not until this single life of mine end when I’d met Yujin.We share the same interest towards the same music instrument.We both were so compatible when playing the drum together.

Without realizing,I’d started to see Yujin not only as my student instead a real girl.The feeling I developed growing and growing.

 

 

“Hot cocoa,right,oppa?”Yujin head towards to the table with a tray of drinks together – instead of me who is spending her today,Yujin insisted she will do it for today as it had been whilst since we both met and sit down together have drinks like we usually did before.

Like a time machine,everything returns to whereas it should be like before.

The same fragrance of hot cocoa and the same scent of the café like before – sitting in front of me,Yujin ,the same smile she wore before on her face.Everything feels so great – the day that I’d been longing for even in my dream I wish I could be someday have a proper date with Yujin .

“You are still as same as before,oppa,”Yujin smile,refers to the same drink I used to order before.

Only a simply smile when I turn my gaze at the hot cocoa,the scent of it still the same as before – I just want to maintain everything the same as before.

However,even though,how much I want to maintain it as same as before – there is still something had change.

My eyes can’t get off from the girl sitting right in front of me right now – she is taking a sip of her drink.It is still the same as before – she is still as clumsy as before.The milk stain on her upper lips.

“Yuj—“

“Yujin-ah!”the interruption a voice of a guy echoes from the direction of the front door of the café, Yujin quickly turn her gaze to  a figure of a guy wearing a white tanks ,jeans with red beanie waving his hand heading towards our table.

To be honest,based on the guy’s appearance he is every girls dream man,his pointed nose,tint lips and doe eyes – he had a perfect ratio of face.The qualification face of being an idol or maybe actor in the entertainment industry.

“Ah,oppa!”Yujin  gestures her hand to the one guy for coming over .

The guy proceed his way towards us – Yujin gives a hug to him immediately .

I can only force a smile seeing the two are hugging in front of me, even though of how much my heart feel the pain deep inside.

“Oppa,let me introduce you.This is Dowoon oppa who teach me to play drum,”Yujin introduces us.

“Hi,nice to meet you.I’m Yoon Dowoon,”I offer a proper hand shake towards the guy next to Yujin with his arms around her waist – so close.

“Nice to meet you,Yoon Dowoon-ssi.I heard a lot about you before.I’m Jeon Jungkook,”the guy just as blunt as Yujin as well – the two are so compatible.He is just as easygoing as Yujin as well.His outfit remind me of the first time I met Yujin as well.

“Now,you believe me,oppa.I know Dowoon oppa.We are very close,”Yujin stuck out her tongue towards the guy,Jungkook next to her after we take a seat.

The gaze of Jungkook into Yujin ,his eyes are glowing and so do Yujin as well – like two love birds as well as  with his arms slung around her shoulder while pulling her in.

“Ne,ne,I believe you know,piglet,”Jungkook even call Yujin with some pet name for every couple will have.

A slices to a slices of my heart,the pain is endurance yet it’s hurt so much.

“Don’t call me piglet right here,”Yujin pouts cutely.

They both make a good couple together.

“Look at you,how am I not to call you piglet when you are really a one,”Jungkook refers to the stain of milk that still on Yujin’s upper lips ,gesture his hand on that upper lips.

“Huh?”Yujin tilt her head and blinks before Jungkook help her to wipe it away with a tissue.

The pain even growing much more,I feel like want to clench on my chest.I should be taking that place of wiping it but it is too late.

Everything is already too late.

To be in between two love birds,I feel a little inconvenience whereas I only stare on my hot cocoa ,stiffly as I really can’t bear to see all of this.

 

 

Before they notice my presence in between.

“I’m sorry ,”Jungkook apologizes bashfully for showing affections in front of me.

I can just smile as nothing big deal of it instead of saying anything with the throbbing heart I’m currently having.

“Yujin told me that Dowoon-ssi you are the best drummer and I’m a drummer as well but not as professional as Dowoon-ssi.”

By chance,Jungkook also is a drummer.

He even told me that he listens to my masterpieces a lot as well and really admire of my skills and talent while playing the drum and even request to play with me someday.

Someday,maybe someday later.

 

 

The day is long yet painful as well to go through.

Seeing Yujin with her lover.

We chattered a lot but it was so unbearable to see Yujin was so happy to be the guy,Jungkook.

Instead of returning to home afterwards,I directly head off to the studio.

Hours and hours passed by from day turning to dark night that I lock myself in the studio with playing the drum.Every beats just didn’t sound so right.

I can’t hit the right rhythm of the drum.

The sound so off and lifeless.

It is so painful.

To see Yujin to be with other guy already after all these years.

She was so happy yet it was so painful for me.

The pain hit me that I can’t get the right beat of drum for hours and hours.My muscle ache ,my body ache ,sweat all around my body after hours and hours of playing the drums.

Yet,the most aching aren’t my body ,not externally but internally .This painful feeling of my heart,I never really feel before until I met Yujin again today when she called for me to have meet up after 3 years she haven’t return to Korea after move out to a foreign country for her college.

I thought I should be alright by now,by seeing Yujin again with a brand new life not until I met her lover.

Throbbing,aching,scatter into pieces ,my heart at that moment seeing the both together.

For a drummer lose the rhythm of playing the drum,getting the wrong beat all over and over ,what is the point of being the best drummer again?

3 years,exactly 3 years ago.I would have just told Yujin of how much I loved her instead of letting her go like that.

Just one time,back to that day,just one day,back to that time.I would have hold on her and tell her of what my real feelings towards her instead of thinking a lot before saying it.

The one who is hugging Yujin today in the café,would have been me.

The one who is wiping her lips with the tissue,would have been me.

The one who is loving her right now,would have been me.

I would have just told her..

 

 

“Your rhythm is no joking right now,Yujin,”I praised for how much she had improved since the first time I taught her.

Recently,Yujin had improved a lot as she had practice a lot.

“That’s because I have oppa to teach me,”as the class ended,Yujin constantly address me informally .

It had been half year now since Yujin first came to learn drum from me.Our compatible had grown a lot.Sometimes we didn’t need to talk of what kind of rhythm we will play yet when one started to play one will get it and continues it with perfectly.

We had participated a few competition as well and win against others.

Yujin was indeed a talented student I ever had.

 

“Let’s go now,”I slung over my backpack – ready to head off to home with Yujin as always.

“Let’s go.”

 

Instead of like usual night of walking home,Yujin talked a lot tonight,

“Oppa,I really like to call you oppa a lot,”Yujin blurted the fact she liked to call me as oppa.

“Why?”

“Because I don’t have any oppa in my family,I only have two eonnies and then I’m the maknae in my family,”come to think of it ,I never really ask anything about Yujin’s family before.

So,she is the maknae in her family which make her that lovely and adorable.

“By calling you oppa,I really think that you are like an oppa for me,”she explained with that happy voice before she suddenly turned down,”But—“

She ceased in the halfway – the street light glimpse along the pathway.

“What’s wrong?”

“After this,you might unable to heard me calling you oppa,”her voice sounded shaken.”I will be leaving to a foreign country for my college with my family together.Perhaps,tonight will be the last lesson I have with oppa,”her eyes filled up with tears.

Giving me heart throbbing when she said it.It was all so sudden,I’m not really aware of it too.

“I really like to learn from Dowoon oppa but after tonight I won’t be able to learn from oppa anymore,”her tremble voice shaken my heart that I wanted to embrace her yet it might be inappropriate towards her .

I still doesn’t know what does Yujin feels about me.It will be inappropriate to hold on her in this state.

“Here,”instead I just offered a tissue for her – to comfort her at least.

 

I was unable to sleep that night,staring at my mobile phone with Yujin’s words crossed my mind of her leaving by tomorrow flight.

I was wondering as should I bid my farewell to her or not.

Telling her of my own feeling.

Yet,Yujin is leaving for furthering her study,it might be distracting her as if I confessed to her right this moment.

 

 

Regret,what’s the point of regret right now when it had turn out to be like this.

I would have just hold on her that night and tell her of how much I loved her instead of considering anything .

I lost contact with her after that night,her number in Korea no longer available.Even a simple goodbye I wanted to say to her,I also couldn’t do it anymore.

I would have just bid my farewell that night instead of remain silence the whole way to home.

I would really have just hold on to Yujin.

Now,it’s like a drummer lost its drum sticks.

A drum without the right beat,the right rhythm.

It is just piece of trash,lifeless and soulless .

Words counted : 4161

A/N: Thus,I presented the first DAY6 fic I written to you all.

The song,when I first listen to it,I got heart throbbing by rhythm of the song before I checked for the lyrics,

It's such an aesthetic song,a broken hearted song,my heart can't handle it by writing out a story of it,

Uri Young K,is just too precious,I wonder where does he get the inspiration from?Did he happen to face this as well?Poor guy,hopefully one day he will cheered up and write something happy instead.