FIN.

Mission Impossible

As much as Yoongi hates to admit it, he has fallen in love with the “Ice Princess” of the campus, Kim Jennie, who is known for having a very alluring but cold face. Who wouldn’t? She is considered the school crush, adored by all men. However, no one dares to talk to her because of the intimidating vibe she’s radiating. But not everybody knows that behind that cold-looking face, there’s a girl that’s just like any other. She likes to socialize with her friends and talk about what’s the current trend.

Yoongi knows.

That’s why he has fallen in love with her, hard. They’re both parts of the Rap Club after all, along with a couple of his friends. It’s probably the only place where Jennie acts “normal” you know, far from what all the students describe her as. She gives opinions on other students’ lyrics, telling others areas where they can improve. She’s actually a very nice person once you get to know her.

Yoongi’s attraction towards her started on the very first day she joined the Rap Club. Back then, they only had very few members unlike now, where they’re members range from twenty to thirty. A requirement to be accepted into the club is to do a freestyle, it can be about anything, but it has to be school appropriate. And Jennie was no exception.

It only took a minute and a half of watching and listening to her rap to turn his life completely upside down. He was immediately mesmerized by her enchanting beauty and also by her charisma while rapping. And he has been attracted to her ever since even though he has known her for quite some time since they were classmates.

But Yoongi’s friends know that he’s not the type of person that shows their feelings explicitly so no matter how many times they try to convince him to confess to her, it just wouldn’t work. The first reason is that Jennie is actually the first girl that he has been attracted to for a very long time. If there was the “Ice Princess,” then he’s the “Ice Prince” who shows little to no emotions to whatever he’s doing which is why it was a great surprise to his friends when they found out that he likes someone. In fact, the only way his friends figured out was when he was caught staring at Jennie’s direction, a subtle smile suddenly creeping up onto his face.

It’s a hopeless situation.

But his friends are willing to take on the challenge of finally making this long awaited couple happen. They want to see him be finally happy after all (and so that he could stop being so grumpy and mean all the freaking time like a miserable old man). However, they’ll face a very daunting task. A lot of men also have their eyes on the prize so how will they make him stand out from the rest? That’s something for them to figure out.

“So we all agree here that the Yoongi and Jennie ship needs to sail already, yes?” A young male with light brown hair proclaimed, currently standing in front of his friends like he was giving a speech. He is Kim Taehyung, one of Yoongi’s friends.

“Hell yeah!” Another young male with pink hair replied excitedly, raising his fists in the air. His name is Kim Namjoon, another friend of his who’s also part of the Rap Club. He is known for being able to speak English very fluently and being one of the smartest in the group. His rap skills have earned high praise from Jennie herself.

“But you know it won’t be easy right?” The youngest male in the group commented. That’s Jeon Jungkook, who is known for being multi-talented and for also being very popular with girls in the campus. That’s why he has been given the nickname of “playboy.” He already has a girlfriend, though, who goes by the name of Park Chaeyoung. She’s one of Jennie’s closest friends.

“Of course, but that’s why I’ve gathered all of you here in my house. You all will be helping me make this happen.” Taehyung replied, a cheerful smile drawn on his face.

“Yeah, this must be SO important that I was forced to skip my dance practice.” The shortest one, Park Jimin sarcastically responded as he laid his back on the couch. His body movements and the way he dances is a masterpiece in action. Anyone who watched his performances was left in awe because of how good a dancer he is. What he lacks in his height, he makes up with his dancing skills.

“Tsk, the only reason you only attend dance practice nowadays is that you want to see that girl Lisa.” Taehyung sharply replied, earning gasps and laughs from their friends.

“And the reason why you even go to singing classes with Jungkook is to impress Jisoo.” Jimin shot back, sticking his tongue out at him in a teasing way.

“Guys, can we just stop bickering and talk about the plan? Yoongi will become suspicious since the reason I gave him was that we had to do our homework. And he hates doing them.” Namjoon interrupted, his tone changing from a soft one to a very concerned one.

“Okay, okay so here’s the plan,” Taehyung stated, all of his friends waiting anxiously for what he’s going to say.

-

“How important is that homework that Namjoon decided not to attend the meeting today?” Yoongi mumbled as he packed up his things. The Rap Club meeting just ended, and there’s still no sign of Namjoon anywhere. Usually, he would try to even be there for the last 5 minutes so it was weird that he wouldn’t attend. He sighs, grabbing his backpack before he was snapped out of his thoughts by a voice that’s all too familiar with him.

“Yoongi-ssi.” The voice softly called, and the moment he heard that voice, his mind suddenly went blank, his heart raced quickly. He knew who that voice belonged to, it’s Jennie’s. He sometimes wonders how a rapper can have such a soft and beautiful voice when speaking. Even though he has heard that voice for years, it never fails to amaze him and put him in a trance.

“Yes?” He responded, turning around to face her. He tried to keep that same cold face that he’s become known for.

“Can I talk to you for a moment?” She asked, her eyes twinkling brighter than the night sky.

“Sure, what is it about?” Oh boy, am I gonna get in trouble since Namjoon didn’t show up? He thought to himself nervously as he impatiently waited for her response.

“Well, the thing is,” Jennie started, “I just wrote a song, but I don’t know what beat would be perfect with it. And I don’t know anyone else who can make better sounds than you. So can you help me, pretty please?” She requested.

Yoongi gulped, taken aback by the sudden developments that were happening right before his eyes. His long time crush Jennie, asking him for help? That’s not something he experiences every day especially since she RARELY asks anyone for assistance. What kind of good deed has he done to deserve such a special opportunity like this? And of course, he wouldn’t refuse such a great offer. Any sensible man wouldn’t

“Sure.” He kept himself composed, although he was really close to smiling. He can’t hide his excitement after all since this is something that only happens once in a lifetime. Or so he thought.

“Okay, thanks! You’re such a lifesaver!” Jennie cheered, her smile extending from ear to ear. “Let’s go to the studio then!” Yoongi low-key smiled as he followed her to the studio.

-

“So that’s my plan,” Taehyung stated. They’ve been gathered at his house for around 30 minutes already although most of the time was spent messing around and joking with each other like they’re at a party or something. Luckily, Taehyung’s parents are on an out-of-town business trip, so they won’t be able to see the mess his friends have created.

“It’s not actually bad,” Namjoon commented, nodding his head.

“Yeah but it all depends on Jungkook and whether he’ll be able to convince him or not,” Jimin added, a smirk creeping up on his face because at least he won’t have to do much.

“Yah, it’s not like you don’t like it!” Jungkook responded, softly punching him in the shoulder. “You’ll be able to talk to your crush, Lisa!” He added, with a teasing tone in his voice.

“Who said I liked her?” Jimin shot back, and everyone else groans because they know that the two youngest will start bickering again like little kids in elementary school.

“Isn’t that the only reason you stay after school nowadays? You don’t even have any performances, yet you’re in the dance studio 24/7!” Jungkook replied, not wanting to lose this argument to his slightly older friend.

“Gosh, you guys are giving me a headache just by listening,” Namjoon complained, making the two stop their bickering.

“On a serious note. Do you really think that Yoongi has a chance on her?” Jimin suddenly said, his tone changing to a more serious one. His friends immediately turned their attention on him, interested at his comment.

“What do you mean by that?” Taehyung questioned.

“I mean there’s Bobby and Hanbin who are just equally as popular. And I can probably name a few more guys who is also interested in her.” Jimin added the concern can be clearly heard in his voice.

“Well, that’s why we’re here, right?” Namjoon reassured him, tapping him on the shoulder.

“Yeah, we’ll give him a make-over if we have to!” Jungkook exclaimed, making everyone laugh.

-

“Wow, this is excellent!” Jennie complimented as she was currently listening to some beats that Yoongi curated. Yoongi smiles satisfied that she likes what he created. They’ve spent quite some time in the studio, helping Jennie give her freestyle music and beats as she requested. And Yoongi unexpectedly tried his hardest, like he’s doing it for himself. Even though he wasn’t getting paid to do this, just the fact that Jennie complimented him is more than enough. Maybe that’s what love do to people.

“So how about it? Are you ready to record the song?” Yoongi asked as she put down her headphones, her brown locks flowing with her movement. And that is enough to get his heart racing again. Something that only happens when he’s with her. He becomes a different person around her. More passionate, upbeat, and happy.

“Yes.” She softly replied, walking towards the recording booth. Yoongi waits patiently for her to get set up. After a few minutes, she gave him the thumbs-up sign, which meant that he could play the music already. And even though this isn’t the first time he’s seen her rap, he’s still amazed by her sudden aura change. Her voice changes from a soft one to a more intimidating one. Her eyes become fiery. She’s very charismatic when she raps.

He nods to the beat and taps to the rhythm of the music, watching and listening attentively as Jennie raps. Yoongi doesn’t bother to hide the smile that’s creeping up on his face. Jennie comes out of the recording booth after finishing her song, satisfied and content with the way that she performed it.

“Was it good?” Jennie asked, looking at Yoongi who was giving her a thumbs-up with a soft smile on his face.

“Yeah, I think your voice fits perfectly with the music,” Yoongi commented.

“Can I listen to it?” Jennie smiled back, sitting down next to him as she put on the headphones.

“Yeah.” He replied.

Meanwhile, Namjoon decided to go back to the studio after their secret meeting at Taehyung’s house. Actually, he forgot to pick up some of his stuff because Taehyung basically rushed him for no reason at all. Then he noticed the recording booth with the lights on. Hmm, did someone forget to turn them off? He thought as he walked towards the recording booth. And much to his surprise, he found two people in there. Two very familiar people.

“I-Is that who I think it is?” Namjoon whispered, placing his hand over his mouth in shock. In the distance, he saw someone with mint green hair, and he only knows one person who has that hair color. Yoongi. Then he saw another person sitting beside him and even though he’s looking from afar. He immediately recognizes who that other person is. It’s Jennie.

What in the world are they doing together? Namjoon thought as he peeked through the glass in the door, looking at Jennie and Yoongi who were smiling and laughing. He quickly pulls out his phone and takes a picture of them, sending it to all of his friends in the group chat.

“Guys, look what I just found!”

And almost immediately, the replies start pouring in.

JK – “Omg, is it the swag couple?”

JM – “How can he not tell us that he’s dating already? TT”

TH – “Did they kiss?”

He was about to type a reply when he suddenly heard the door creak open. He quickly hid behind the sound equipment, currently looking at the silhouette of the two people. His suspicions were confirmed when he saw his friend Yoongi walking out of the room with Jennie following closely behind him.

“Thank you again for your help, Yoongi-shi. I didn’t know what I would do without you.” Jennie smiled genuinely, making Yoongi’s heart race yet again.

“No problem.” Yoongi shortly replied, smiling back as well as he closed the door behind him.

“But I don’t know how I’ll be able to repay you, though,” Jennie muttered, fidgeting with her hair.

“Oh come one there’s no need for that. We’ve known each other for a long time already.” Yoongi stated matter-of-factly even though his insides were stirring up as he said those words.

“But still, I feel like I should treat you to something, though.” Jennie scratched her head in frustration, thinking of what he could do for him in return. Yoongi laughs softly, focusing on her. She sighs then pouts her lips as she looks up at the ceiling. She then walks around the room, trying to come up with an idea. Her strings of movements utterly confusing the male in front of her.

“How about you just help me with my lyrics tomorrow? I need someone to go over it with me. I need your almighty suggestions, ya know.” Yoongi finally speaks after he finds himself getting dizzy from just watching her pace around the room. He doesn’t mind, though because he finds it absolutely cute and adorable.

“I could do that!” Jennie exclaimed, sighing in relief as she won’t have to worry about this matter any longer. She smiles then ruffles the male’s mint green hair in front of him, something she always does when she gets excited. Yoongi doesn’t know that, though.

“See ya tomorrow!” Jennie cheerfully said before literally skipping out of the studio. The male left in utter shock as he attempts in comprehending what she had just done to him. Namjoon on the other hand, couldn’t stop fanboying as he unconsciously laughed and smiled when he saw what just happened. This, of course, attracted Yoongi’s attention. What the hell was that? He thought as he walked closer to the source of the sound. He then finds Namjoon sitting behind the speakers with his hand covering his mouth, his pink hair glistening in the light.

“Namjoon? What are you doing here?” Yoongi asked as he watches the male stand up from the uncomfortable position he was in, shaking his whole body to get rid of the dust particles that has fallen on him.

“Well I was just gonna grab my stuff here then I saw you two flirting at the booth. I didn’t know you two had that kind of relationship already.” Namjoon teased, causing the older male to roll his eyes and lightly push him.

“So you thought that it would be fun to eavesdrop on other people’s conversation like a creep?” Yoongi replied, slightly raising the tone of his voice.

“What, it’s not like you two are keeping something in secret, right? Or am I wrong?” Namjoon responded, still continuing to . Yoongi sighs, fully knowing that he’s not going to win this fight.

“I just helped her. That’s all there is to it, okay?” Yoongi explained, although he really didn’t have to because all of his friends already know how much he has fallen for the one and only Kim Jennie.

“Until when are you going to hide your feelings? Until she finds someone else already and it’s all too late?” Namjoon curiously questioned, raising his eyebrows as he breaks the silence. Yoongi was taken aback by the sudden seriousness of his statement. But deep down inside, he was curious as well. Everybody knows that no matter how hard someone tries to convince him to confess to Jennie, he just won’t do it. He always reasons that there’s too much to lose if he did that and he’s frightened that thinks might not go back to the way it was after he does that.

So basically, he would rather just stay in the friend zone than risk everything.

“I’m just satisfied with the way things are.” Yoongi shortly replied, shoving his hands in his pocket.

“Even if it means watching her love someone else?” Namjoon questioned.

“That won’t ever happen,” Yoongi assured.

“How do you know? There are a lot of men that likes her as well, and you know that.” Namjoon shot back. Yoongi raised his eyebrows, surprised with the concern that the younger male is showing. Usually, he would just leave him alone especially for that matter, but he's unusually pushy today. What’s with him? He thought.

“Dude, what’s up with you? It’s not like the world is gonna end if I don’t confess to her.” Yoongi laughed.

“But have you ever felt like confessing to her? Even just once?” Namjoon, however, was persistent. He has to succeed for their secret plan to work after all.

“Bro, I’m tired already, and I want to go home,” Yoongi whined, refusing to answer the younger male’s question. “I’ll just talk to you tomorrow, okay?” Yoongi smiled before lightly tapping him on the shoulder as he walked out of the studio.

Namjoon sighs as he observes Yoongi’s figure disappearing from his sight. His plan to convince Yoongi to confess to Jennie apparently failed. It all lies in Jungkook’s hands now and whether he’ll be able to convince him with another method. They never really thought that it was easy convincing him, but they didn’t know it would be this hard.

Meanwhile, Jungkook is busy telling their plan to his girlfriend Chaeyoung, who is a very close friend of Jennie. They’re currently hanging out at Chaeyoung’s house, which is pretty empty for now since her parents went back to Australia.

“So you basically want Yoongi oppa to feel jealous?” Chaeyoung curiously asked as she intertwined her fingers with his.

“Yes, we feel like that’s the only way he’ll be able to confess to Jennie noona.” Jungkook nodded his head, smiling softly.

“And that’s why you convinced Kim Hanbin sunbae to pretend that he actually has feelings for Jennie so that Yoongi will get jealous?” Chaeyoung smiled back as he rested her head on his shoulder.

“Yes.” Jungkook shortly replied as he changed the channel on the TV, trying to find good shows to watch.

“Will it work?”

“Yes if it used to work for us, then it’s gonna work for them as well.” Chaeyoung blushed with her boyfriend’s statement, remembering how they became a couple.

“But we’re a different case, though. I already liked you that time as well. I don’t know if Jennie loves him.” Chaeyoung reasoned, brushing the loose strands of his brown hair to the side.

“We’ll just find that out then,” Jungkook smirks and pulls her closer for a quick kiss.

“Yah!” Chaeyoung exclaimed as the younger male pulled her into a tight embrace.

Just like Jennie and Yoongi, a famous senior that goes by the name of Kim Hanbin is also part of the Rap Club. He is actually one of the founders of the club, so he has known Jennie for quite some time already. He is very popular due to also being multi-talented like Jungkook. Looks? He’s got it. Singing? Check. Dancing? Check. Rapping? Check. On top of that, he donates to charities and does community services every summer. In short, he’s the perfect package.

And that’s why Jungkook and his friends decided that he’s the perfect guy to do the job. They think that Yoongi will get jealous easily when they see Hanbin “flirting” with Jennie because he’s always seen as the perfect ideal type of every woman on the campus. And the fact that he can rap too? It should add fuel to the fire.

Hanbin looked at Jungkook nervously, who was currently hiding behind a bush. In the distance was Jennie who was sitting on a bench, listening to some music by herself as she waits for her friends to come to school. The younger male gave him a thumbs up from afar and gestured him to walk up to her. This is for Yoongi and his future wife. Hanbin thought, laughing inside his head. He took a deep breath, flashed a smile, and walked towards the female

“Hi, Jennie.” Hanbin softly said, waving at Jennie who currently had earphones on.

“Oh hey, Hanbin sunbae!” Jennie stood up and bowed, taking off her earphones and placing them in her pocket.

“Well you see, I just made a new mixtape. And I want you to listen to it.” Hanbin requested as he sat down next to her.

“R-Really?” Jennie grinned. She’s jubilant because everyone knows that Hanbin rarely lets anyone listen to his mixtape unless they’re friends with him. Jennie nodded her head. It’s a privilege that she won’t turn down naturally.

“Yeah.” Hanbin smiled as he placed his headphones on her ears and played his music

Meanwhile, Namjoon is currently dealing with a very grumpy Yoongi who was forced to wake up early without any reason being told. It’s 7 AM, and only a few students are at the campus this early. This is one of those rare moments when it’s actually silent inside, like a town that’s been left abandoned for quite some time. Yoongi groans and ruffles his mint green hair, whining like a little kid.

“You better have a damn good reason for waking me up early” Yoongi complained as they entered the campus.

“Nothing really.” Namjoon shrugged carelessly as he walked past by the very frustrated Yoongi.

“Wow, this guy.” Yoongi shakes his head as he walks faster to catch up to the younger male. Namjoon then abruptly stops in his tracks, his gaze focusing on a particular direction. Curious, he followed his gaze, and from a distance he spots Jennie and Hanbin sitting next to each other on a bench, laughing and looking very much happy with each other. Namjoon smirks as he watches Yoongi’s jaw slowly drop at sight. It’s finally working! Good job, Hanbin sunbae! He thought.

Yoongi can’t believe what’s happening in front of him. He subconsciously clenches his fist, his breathing gets heavy, he grits his teeth, and his pale face turns to a light shade of red. For the first time in his life, he’s experiencing jealousy. He can feel his heart beating wildly inside his chest as he observes Hanbin flirting with Jennie. Is this what it feels like? He thought as every second of watching that senior flirt with Jennie feels like torture for him. The way Hanbin would use his infamous “killer smile” to attract girls on Jennie just made it unbearable for him to watch any further.

“Yoongi, are you okay?” Namjoon asked, although he obviously knew what the answer to that question is. He barely suppresses a laugh as he observes Yoongi’s facial expression. He has never seen him get so worked up over something other than anything related to rap. He’ll definitely have to tell his friends this priceless moment.

“I’ll talk to you later.” Yoongi just replied, before walking off who knows where. Coincidentally, Jennie looked up to meet his eyes at the moment he passes by them. She looks at him with a confused expression before reverting her attention back to Hanbin. Namjoon gives Hanbin a hidden thumbs up before leaving off in another direction to meet with his other friends.

-

“Dude, you should’ve seen his face!” Namjoon laughed as he recalled the events that happened earlier that day to his friends who has turned into dedicated fanboys to the Yoongi and Jennie ship. Yoongi’s current whereabouts, however, are unknown ever since he stormed off but Namjoon and his other friend's most likely suspects that he’s in the studio, as usual.

“Why, why?” Taehyung curiously asked as he sat down next to him. They were currently eating lunch in the school cafeteria.

“I’ve never seen his face get so red in my whole life. He was like a fire-breathing dragon!” Namjoon adds but before he could continue on with his story, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turns around and sees Jennie with her other friends. Jimin almost chokes his food at sight. He sees Lisa waving at him and waved back shyly in response, causing Jungkook to laugh.

“Oh hey, Jennie. What’s up?” Namjoon smiles, turning back around to calm the disorder that’s currently happening at their table. Jungkook, on the other hand, is more than excited to see his girlfriend again. He waves at Chaeyoung with enthusiasm and sends her a finger heart gesture.

“Can we sit with you guys?” Jennie requested.

“Sure no problem!” Namjoon nodded his head even though he can clearly see the look of discontent and worry in his friends’ faces except Jungkook, of course. His nickname is “the destroyer” after all, and he likes to cause chaos. This is gonna be one heck of lunch. He thought. And so Jennie ended up sitting in front of Namjoon, Lisa in front of Jimin, Jisoo in front of Taehyung and the only couple in the table, Jungkook and Chaeyoung sat in front of each other as well.

It was one of the most awkward lunches the guys ever had. They were giving each other glances, wanting someone to at least say a word or something, but no one had the guts to do so. No one uttered a word for 5 minutes straight until Jennie asked a question that the guys have known was coming but were never prepared to answer.

“Is there something wrong with Yoongi?” Jennie asked, as she looked around and realized that there’s one missing male in the group. The guys looked at each other, wondering as to who will respond to the question.

“Nothing really, why?” Namjoon only answered although he knew that it’s not the real answer to her question.

“Well I saw him this morning, and he just looked…off,” Jennie replied, suddenly remembering the weird expression the male rapper had on his face earlier that day as he walked past by her and Hanbin.

“What do you mean?” Jisoo curiously questioned.

“Like he was mad about something…” Jennie stated.

“Because he’s jealous.” Taehyung blurted out like it was a known fact for everybody. The girls immediately turned their attention on him, shocked by his sudden statement. Meanwhile, his friends were also shocked by what he said, their eyes widening and their mouth left wide open. He doesn’t care though because he likes doing things his way.

“Jealous? Why would he be?” Jennie was now more curious than ever after hearing what Taehyung had just said. Chaeyoung, on the other hand, tried not to laugh. She’s the only one in her group that knows what’s actually going on after all.

“Oh don’t mind him.” Namjoon tried to brush it off with a nervous laugh, but it just made her even more curious. “He just likes to say random stuff right, Taehyung?” He then glared at the younger man who responds to him with a wink.

Jennie sighs as she suddenly stands up from her seat. I’ll definitely have to find out what’s going on with him. She thought as she started walking away from the table. Her friends tried to follow her, but Chaeyoung told them to let her take care of the matters herself, helping the guys with their plans. Namjoon palmed his face in disappointment, knowing that this project is starting to crumble down in pieces, thanks to Taehyung. Taehyung doesn’t care, however, because he’s smiling like an innocent child to annoy his friends even more.

-

Yoongi throws another ball of crumpled paper in the trash can for the nth time, trying to occupy his mind by writing lyrics. He’s currently locked himself in the studio, and he’s been there for a few hours now, not even replying to the texts of his anxious friends. The events that happened earlier that morning is replayed inside his head over and over.

He has never been this jealous this whole life, and it’s making him crazy. The way Jennie would laugh and smile every time Hanbin says something is bothering him so much. Oh how much he wishes to be in Hanbin’s position, making her smile and laugh instead of that senior. Yoongi sighs, closing his eyes and leaning back in his chair. He can feel his heart pounding wildly in his chest again. Is it really time for him to confess his true feelings?

No. Yoongi says to himself even though his heart says otherwise. He didn’t think that seeing Jennie so joyful with another guy would cause him to be this way. For a while now, he has silently watched other guys confess their feelings to her and end up in disappointment but why is he only acting this way now? Is it because his feelings towards her have gotten stronger over time? Did it build for those times when they were the only ones left in the studio after class, composing music?

He clears his thoughts and starts writing on another sheet of paper again. This time, the ideas flowing from his brain to the paper much faster.

Meanwhile, Jennie is still looking for Yoongi. She has searched around the campus and even asked her friends in the Rap Club if they have spotted him somewhere, but she still couldn’t find him. The way that he acted after seeing her with Hanbin this morning and what Taehyung said as they ate lunch made her curious as to what’s actually going on with him.

He maybe a cold person on the outside but he rarely gets frustrated or angry, and Jennie knows that from knowing him for quite some time. Why would he be jealous? She thought, and she starts to remember that he’s been acting weird around her recently. Every time she would look at him he would avoid her gaze, even if she’s directly talking to him. Is it possible that- My gosh, Jennie what are you thinking! She tried to snap herself out of such absurd thoughts. We’re just friends, right? She reassured herself as she continued looking for him although she can feel her heart beating fast suddenly.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to clear her mind. Is it because she didn’t eat her lunch that she’s suddenly acting weird? Maybe that’s it. She said to herself as she realized that she has looked everywhere in the campus except for one place, the studio. Jennie smiled to herself as she hurried to the studio. Once she got there, she immediately saw the person everyone was looking for, Yoongi, who is currently sleeping with his head laid down on the table. Jennie observes him sleeping, wondering how he can look so calm and peaceful while sleeping but so fresh and charismatic when awake.

On the table is a sheet of paper with words written down on it. Curious, Jennie picks it up and realizes that it’s lyrics that he has probably written before he fell asleep.

I'll stop time for you

The second you say you'd like me too

I just wanna give you the loving that you're missing

Baby, just to wake up with you

Would be everything I need and this could be so different

Tell me what you want to do

Jennie stares at the words, shocked. Did he actually write this? She thought as she read the lyrics over and over. This is not something Yoongi would usually write. He does write songs, but they’re rarely about love or anything related to that matter. His lyrics are usually about life and its struggles, not this romance kind of thing. This is confusing her even more. Why is he so weird today? She thought as she observed his sleeping figure silently.

His mint green hair made thin from too many years of hair dye complimenting with his pale skin. The dark circles under his eyes prominent from staying up late too often. His chiseled nose that sits perfectly between his eyes. His lips that are unusually red and plump for a man. Jennie unconsciously studies his facial features while sleeping. Her thoughts only interrupted by the sudden noise of Yoongi waking up.

He slowly opens his eyes and notices a familiar figure standing in front of him. He rubs his eyes and sits up, now seeing who that person is. Is that Jennie? What is she doing here? A bunch of thoughts is currently running in his head right now such as “why is my crush standing in front of me while I’m sleeping” but he doesn’t really mind because it’s Jennie.

Jennie was surprised to see him wake up suddenly. She was immediately taken aback, her face now rising with heat as she realized the situation she was in. How is she going to explain to him that she was indeed standing in front of him and watching him while he sleeps?

“O-Oh Hi, Yoongi. I was just…..” Jennie’s voice trailed off as she tried to come up with a decent excuse. Yoongi just stared at her with a blank expression, waiting for her to say something. She looks up at the ceiling and sighs deeply. Well, I guess I’ll just have, to tell the truth. She thought.

“Look,” She started, “Is there something wrong?” Jennie asked curiously, her eyes widening as she focused on him. Yoongi was astounded by her question.

“Why are you asking that?” Yoongi asked as well, clearing his throat as he stood up from his seat.

“Well first, you looked like you were angry at me this morning. Then when we were eating lunch, Taehyung said that’s because you were jealous. Mind helping me clarify the situation?” Jennie raised her eyebrows, crossing her arms over his chest. Yoongi became flustered in an instant, his heartbeat accelerating. How could Taehyung say such a thing to her? What if she finds out everything? He angrily thought. Namjoon must’ve told them how I reacted earlier! He tried to keep himself calm and collected before responding to her.

“I wasn’t feeling well this morning so it might’ve looked like I was angry but trust me I wasn’t” Yoongi assured her, “And why would I be jealous?” He continued, raising his eyebrows as well.

“I don’t know, that’s what Taehyung said,” Jennie mumbled, turning her gaze away from him and looked down.

“And you actually believed that?” Yoongi smirked. “See, that’s the problem with you. You’re too gullible. I bet that’s why you already fell in love with Hanbin sunbae.” He added, shaking his head in disbelief.

“Excuse me?” Jennie retorted, her face turning red suddenly, “I came all the way here to check up on your , and all you’re gonna do is insult me and call me gullible?” She was fuming, and it’s pretty much safe to say that Yoongi didn’t expect to get that response from her.

“Hey, I was just ki-“

“No, you know what? it. I’m sorry that I was so concerned about you that I decided to skip my lunch.” Jennie hissed, tears starting to fall out of her eyes. Yoongi now deeply regrets saying such harsh words to her. The last thing he wants to happen is Jennie crying because of him. “And for your information, I was never dating Hanbin sunbae.” She sniffled before bolting out of the studio angrily.

Yoongi groans in frustration and punches the wall with force. Tears starting to fall out of his eyes as well. , what have I done? He thought as he glances at his knuckles that were currently bloody. But nothing is more painful right now than seeing the girl of his dreams cry, all because of him. He quickly wipes the tears that were currently running down his cheeks and runs out of the studio. He turns left and right and doesn’t see Jennie anywhere. The school bell suddenly rings, signaling for all students to go back to their classes.

-

To say that Yoongi is distracted is an understatement. He’s currently in class, but the only thing he’s focused on is the wall clock, impatiently waiting for his afternoon class to end. He’s not even listening to the lecture. All he can think about is Jennie and her whereabouts. He glances at the empty seat across the room, which is usually occupied by Jennie but no one knows where she is. Even her friends are worried about her. They kept asking him if he knows where she went but he can’t come up with an answer. He doesn’t want to tell them either that it’s all his fault.

His friends are worried about him too as they don’t know what’s going on as well. All they knew was that Jennie left lunch early to go look for him. And the unexpected turn of events was something they weren’t prepared for. She’s now missing, and Yoongi is unusually distraught about something. They suspected that it has to do with Jennie’s sudden disappearance. They then turn their attention to Yoongi, who has been acting weird today.

“I’ve never seen him like this hyung, what’s up with him?” Jungkook whispered to his seatmate, Namjoon who is busy taking notes from the projector.

“He’s lovesick that’s what,” Namjoon replied, his gaze still focused on the front of the classroom.

“Do you really think that he’s acting this way because it’s his fault that Jennie is missing?” Jungkook added, looking at Yoongi worriedly.

“Yah just do your work or Mr. Kim will put us in detention again!” Namjoon warned. Jungkook sighs and proceeds to write down notes as well. He looks at Yoongi one last time before looking at the front of the classroom.

After an eternity, Yoongi’s classes finally ended for the day. As soon as the bell rang, he immediately grabbed his backpack and walked out of the room with a determined look on his face. His friends looked at each other in confusion although they obviously knew what he’s going to do and where he’s going.

-

He has been searching around the campus for about 30 minutes now, but he still can’t find Jennie anywhere. He tries calling her, but she won’t answer. He also tried calling Hanbin, aka the senior that’s the cause of his jealousy if he knew her whereabouts, but Yoongi doesn’t know either. He sighs, the frustration slowly building up on him. If I only kept my mouth shut. He angrily thought.

His friends and Jennie’s helped in searching for her too, but just like him, they still don’t know where she could’ve gone. They’ve already been to the possible places she could’ve been, but they’ve been empty-handed so far. But the only one who really knows why she went missing is Yoongi of course so he feels like he should be the one to find her. To apologize to her.

And as if a lightbulb was suddenly lit over his head, he suddenly remembers their hangout spot. “Their” referring to Yoongi and Jennie of course. It’s a secret place that they both accidentally discovered while Yoongi and Jennie were taking a walk around the campus. Just the mere thought of it makes the mint green haired male grin with excitement.

He looks around and checks if any of his friends are around before secretly making his way to their so-called “hangout spot.” It’s actually an alleyway that an average person would just usually pass by, but at the very end of it, there’s a door that eventually leads to a “game room” complete with pool tables, dartboards, and arcade games. Neither of them knows who brought all of those things in there, but they suspect that it’s Song Mino, a wealthy senior who just graduated last year. He is famous for driving a sports car to school and for being very athletic as well.

This is how Yoongi and Jennie got close to each other. They would often spend time here after their Rap Club meetings after school. But starting this school year, they have become distant towards each other. There were even stretches where they wouldn’t talk to each other, and that’s because they both have become busy with their own lives. In fact, this is the first time Yoongi is going there in a few months.

Yoongi slowly creaks the door open, and he immediately spots Jennie sitting on the pool table, her eyes red and swollen from crying too much. He stands still in silence, not knowing what to say now that he actually found her after searching for so long.

“What are you doing here?” Jennie coldly stated, standing up and walking closer to him. Yoongi still can’t find the right words to say to her. He knows why he’s here, but after saying all of those harsh things to her, he doesn’t even know what to say to her anymore.

“If you’re not going to say anything then just leave me alone and get out of here.’ Jennie hissed, her eyes not showing even a slight hint of affection towards the male in front of him. I really messed up. He thought.

“Look, I’m sorry for what I have said earlier.” Yoongi apologized, lowering his head down. He hopes that his sincerity will reach Jennie although he knows that when she gets angry, she doesn’t forgive very easily.

“And?” Jennie shortly replied.

“And for assuming that you and Hanbin sunbae are dating.” Yoongi gritted his teeth. He then looks up at Jennie. No emotion. No reaction. Nothing

“What I don’t understand is,” Jennie began, “why are you so y? Why do you care if I’m dating someone else?” She added. “And why did Taehyung say that you’re acting this way because you’re jealous?” She questioned. “The only reason you’ll be jealous is if you actually liked me….” She trailed off, everything starting to make sense to her now.

The way he would avoid her gaze when talking to him, the way he would act weird when he’s around her, and especially the way he would look at her when she’s with another guy. It all made sense now. Jennie closed in shock, her eyes widening as the profound realization hits her like a wave. That’s why he has been acting so weird lately. She thought.

“I’m so stupid, right?” Yoongi chuckled softly, scratching his head in embarrassment. “I don’t even have the guts to confess, and yet I’m getting jealous.” He deeply sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets. “I-I like you, Jennie. And I’m sorry for insulting you earlier” He confessed, his face heating up from his sudden confession. He can feel his heart pounding wildly in his chest. He has finally said the words that he’s been keeping in his heart for too long.

Jennie was left speechless by this revelation. She’s now the one frozen in her place, her eyes fixated on the mint green haired male who couldn’t even look at her anymore. Yoongi likes me? She thought, her heart weirdly accelerating at the thought.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to like me back.” Yoongi genuinely smiled, “I just wanted to get this off my chest. I feel so much better now that I’ve confessed to you.” He admitted, rubbing his nape.

“What if I say that I like you too?” Jennie raised her eyebrows, showing her famous gummy smile that could make Yoongi’s heart flutter in less than a second. The male didn’t bother to hide the shocked expression that he had on his face.

And the next thing you know, Jennie pulled Yoongi closer and wrapped her arms around his neck. She stood on her toes and closed the gap between them for a soft kiss. His eyes were widened the whole time, still trying to comprehend everything that’s currently happening. He just confessed to his crush then his crush says she likes him back and now they’re kissing? It all feels like a dream for him.

The two pulled away from each other to catch their breaths. Jennie looked at Yoongi lovingly, her dark pair of orbs staring at his. She smiles before embracing him tightly.

“I forgive you.” She says after a few moments of silence. Yoongi only responds with a broad smile plastered on his face.

This has to be the best day of his life.


asfdgfg I hope you guys liked this story and I really enjoyed writing this because it's the first time I've written anything about these two people in particular. And don't forget that any feedback from you guys are very appreciated!!