Final.

I Love You

Mina made sure that her steps were soft and quiet, hoping that she didn’t disturb the younger girl and wake her up from her slumber. Once she reached the edges of their bed, she lifted the duvet and slid in besides the taller girl quietly, lying on her side so that she was facing Tzuyu’s back. Mina’s lips formed into a smile as she gazed at the younger girl’s back, she was happy to see that she was getting some sleep. These past few days they were barely able to see each other due to Tzuyu’s busy work schedule.

The older girl raised her hand, gently running her fingers through her girlfriend’s hair. After a while her hands slowly made their way towards Tzuyu’s upper back, she began to caress the younger girl’s back, making sure not to wake her up. Mina began to lightly trace the words ‘I love you’; at first she traced the words in Korean before slowly transitioning to mandarin, unsure if she was writing it properly.

A few minutes had passed and Mina was beginning to get tired so she stopped her actions and removed her hands before turning her body so that she was facing away from Tzuyu. Her eyelids were getting heavy and just as she was about to close her eyes, she felt the mattress dip slightly behind her. Before she could turn around, her girlfriends arms wrapped around her waist with her head rested against her shoulder.

She could feel Tzuyu’s soft lips pressing against her shoulder blade and before she could say anything the younger girl broke the silence. “I love you too,” Tzuyu said softly in Japanese, she smiled in content as she tightened her hold on the older girl. Her heart was racing at the thought of Mina tracing the words ‘I love you’ over and over again on her back, especially since she had written in mandarin.

“I thought you were asleep,” Mina replied, her gaze on the night sky that could be seen through the window. She didn’t want Tzuyu to see her blushing; it was already embarrassing that she had been caught but also because her girlfriend had replied in her native language. “You woke me up when you ran your fingers through my hair,” Tzuyu laughed softly, she leaned forward slightly so that she could see the older girl’s face, lips forming into a smile as she noticed the faint blush on Mina’s cheeks.

“You know that’s the first time you’ve said I love you,” Tzuyu said quietly, her head now resting above the older girl’s shoulder. Mina’s cheeks darkened at the younger girl’s words, she continued to look away, avoiding her gaze. “Can I hear you say it before I fall asleep?” Tzuyu asked, she was probably asking too much from her girlfriend, as much as she’d like to hear her utter those three words she didn’t want to force her.

Mina was silent; she was trying to gain the courage to say the words, unsure of why three words were so hard to say out loud. A few seconds pass, “It’s ok, you don’t have to say it. I won’t rush you,” Tzuyu said softly, her voice breaking the silence. She placed a tender kiss on the older girl’s cheek before moving her head so that she was resting her forehead against Mina’s shoulder.

After a moment or two, Mina finally gained the courage to say the three words that her girlfriend wanted to hear. She took a deep breath before she said quietly, “I love you.” The older girl received no response and she worried that the younger girl fell asleep before she could hear her say it. Her worries soon disappeared when she felt Tzuyu’s lips press against her ear, “I love you too,” she replied softly.

The smile on Tzuyu’s face never left, her heart was racing so fast. She wanted to hear her girlfriend say those words again but didn’t want to rush her. “I love you,” the younger girl said once more, this time in Japanese. Mina’s cheeks darkened once again upon hearing her girlfriend speaking in her native language. She turned her head so that she was looking at her girlfriend, lips forming into a smile before she leaned forward and pecked the younger girl on the lips.

“Lets go to sleep now, we both have work tomorrow,” Mina said in a calm manner, thankful that she hadn’t stuttered with her words. She was still flustered at her girlfriend’s words so she quickly closed her eyes and placed her hands above the younger girl’s. Tzuyu removed her hand from underneath Mina’s so that she could intertwine their fingers, “I love you Mina,” her voice was quiet but full of sincerity. She looked at her girlfriend once more before resting her head on the pillow and closing her eyes.