Chapter 1

It's A Love Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIMIN'S POV

 

“Kookie, I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me,” I announced, “Pancakes and cappuccino.” I added briskly waving the piece of paper I had the said order scribbled before disappearing into the kitchen.

 

“Park Jimin let’s make your special deluxe, extra fluffy pancake today.” I told myself, rubbing my palms together in excitement and anticipation. Whistling to Blackpink “Whistle” that’s been playing non-stop in my head for the past two days (this song is addictive!), I scooped up a ladle of batter from the container Taehyung had prepared beforehand and poured it onto the pan, wincing when the heat brushed my skin. Deciding to make the cappuccino while waiting for the pancake to be done, I reached for the mug we usually served the beverage in, when my heart picked up its pace and I froze in place.

 

Seconds later the familiar ring of a bell indicated another customer had just walked in the cafe. However i knew for sure that it wasn’t just another customer.

It was him.


Gripping tightly to the mug that i had picked out; I hoped to transfer the sudden overwhelming surge of energy to the mug while attempting to hypnotize my sweat glands to not overwork and to keep breathing. Biting my lower lip during my panic-attacks doesn’t do me any good, in fact it just adds to my agitation but do I learn from my past slip-ups?


Nope.


Never.



I could single out the sound of those particular footsteps amidst the few others. I’d be able to do the same in the middle of a busy street or on a subway or anywhere, I’m pretty confident about that. I know, I know, it’s not something i should be bragging about. Let's deal with it later ok?


3 more steps and the musky morning aftershave was going to give my sense of smell a pleasant torture. It may sound nonsensical, a little pathetic even; the fact that I noticed such insignificant, completely diminutive details about a person who may or may not know (most probably not) the existence of Park Jimin. Well, I suppose maybe that’s how love works. In my case, it was 1 year and 2 months 6 days of silent, one-sided crush.


3



2



1!


I got a whiff of something. And it wasn’t …


“ChimChim! The pancake’s burning!” Taehyung’s deep voice boomed.


It took me a good 5 seconds to process reality and come back to my senses. I spun around pointlessly only to strike my head painfully into Taehyung’s and a loud crash followed.



“Good job dude.’ Taehyung muttered rubbing his forehead, “What the hell?” he shook his feet to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter