Final

Life Line

 

For Jieqiong, life was just a big cold hearted that's very unfair and only brings pile of misery, problems and anguish to people who have it.

 

 

Life was never easy on her.

 

 

Jieqiong's mother died when she was just young leaving her to her father who only cares about their business and not having any time for her daughter. Other's befriending her because she's rich and famous on their campus. Other's saying mean words to her and even creating issue.

 

 

That made Jieqiong the cold heartless person she is right now, closing herself to the world.

 

 

--

 

 

But not until she meets Nayoung, the love of her life, her mental anchor, the one who's keeping her feel safe in this world full of anguish.

 

 

Nayoung was different from others. Nayoung was the only one who can make her smile even when she's in a bad mood. Nayoung was the only one who can understands Jieqiong so well. Nayoung was never been a vocal person, she might doesn't say I love you and I miss you and other fluttery words but Jieqiong knows that Nayoung loves her. Jieqiong felt those feelings she thought she doesn't have any more--heart fluttering, heart racing, happiness and all.

 

 

Nayoung was Nayoung, that's what made her fall in love over and over again.

 

 

Everything was going fine, fantastic to be exact or so Jieqiong believes so but not until one day when Nayoung said those three words that broke Jieqiong's heart into millions of pieces.

 

 

"Let's break up." Nayoung said in a quiet voice, Jieqiong barely catch it.

 

 

Jieqiong looks at Nayoung with disbelief in her eyes. She laughs nervously. "Y-you're just joking right, Nayoungie?"

 

 

But Nayoung was serious, deadly serious.

 

 

"I'm not Jieqiong. Let's break up." Nayoung said more loudly this time while looking at the ground like it is the most interesting thing on Earth.

 

 

Jieqiong releases a disbelief sigh, her heart beating so fast because of nervousness. "B-but why? Can you t-tell me the reason?" She said hoping and praying she can fix whatever was happening with them right now.

 

 

"I don't love you anymore." Nayoung said still looking at the ground.

 

 

"You're lying. I know you are lying. Stop lying Nayoung! Just stop this nonsense. Don't lie with me anymore, please." Jieqiong said not believing what Nayoung was saying.

 

 

"I'm not." Nayoung firmly said.

 

 

"Then look at my eyes while saying that." Jieqiong challenges her because she believes and she knows Nayoung was lying.

 

 

Nayoung lifted her head, looking directly at Jieqiong's brown orbs. "I don't love you anymore."

 

 

Jieqiong felt like a bucket of cold water was poured all over her body. Jieqiong felt her whole world broke. Jieqiong felt her heart broke with it.

 

 

Jieqiong felt broken.

 

 

And once again, Jieqiong told herself that life was just a piece of and a big .

 

 

--

 

 

The cold and heartless Jieqiong impossibly turned into the bubbly, bright and sweetest person they know and now in just a blink of an eye Jieqiong turned into a player, who can break your heart without any hardship.

 

 

"Aren't you tired of this set up?" Eunwoo, Jieqiong's one and only true friend ask her.

 

 

"Tired of what?" Jieqiong ask while sipping on her cocktail.

 

 

"Flirting with every girls and boys you see. Drinking and smoking. Going to different clubs almost every night." Eunwoo said looking at Jieqiong seriously.

 

 

That's right, Jieqiong turned into a flirt who you can see making out with different person every hour. Boys or girls or whatever, Jieqiong doesn't mind as long as she can flirt with them. She became alcoholic and even a smoker.

 

 

Jieqiong became a rebel.

 

 

Jieqiong looks at Eunwoo with a grin plastered on her face before simply saying, "Life's a so just go with it."

 

 

--

 

 

It was not long after when Jieqiong's father broke a news that she will be having a stepmother and a stepsister.

 

 

"Okay." Jieqiong simply said to her father like they are not talking about a big deal right now.

 

 

"You're okay with?" Her father asks with furrowed eyebrows.

 

 

"Yeah." Jieqiong said. It's not like she cares and it will be just a waste of energy to even fight whatever her father is planning. So she decided to just go with. Just go with the flow.

 

 

--

 

 

Jieqiong knows that life is a but she doesn't know that life can be much er and meaner than it already is.

 

 

"Jieqiong this is Nayoung. Nayoung this is Jieqiong. From now on you'll be sisters, please be good with each other." Her father introduces them to each one another.

 

 

Jieqiong clenched both of her fists and gritted her teeth, so this is why.

 

 

There are millions, billions peoples in the world and her stepsister has to be Nayoung. Just how more life can be cruel at her? Just how more life can be meaner and unfair to her? Just how much more she needed to suffer? Is she that a bad person? Is that why life was so unfair to her?

 

 

Jieqiong curses under her breath but manages to put a fake smile. "Nice to meet you, Nayoung." She spits bitterly.

 

 

Nayoung looks at her in her usual blank stare. "Nice to meet you too, Jieqiong."

 

 

--

 

 

Jieqiong pinned Nayoung on the wall.

 

 

"I knew that day you're lying. I knew that you're lying. You knew about this before, don't you?" Jieqiong said, her grip on Nayoung's wrists was hard.

 

 

"Let me go." Nayoung said her stares so blank, her tone so cold. Jieqiong felt her heart broke but she doesn't mind, she's persistent to know Nayoung's answer to her question.

 

 

Jieqiong stared at Nayoung, down to her lips and decided to lean. Jieqiong was kissing Nayoung angrily, full of rage and forcefully. Nayoung was fighting and Jieqiong decided to grip harder on Nayoung's wrists, not even caring if she's hurting her.

 

 

"Nayoung, Jieqiong, dinner is ready." Their father called them causing Jieqiong to let go of Nayoung instantly.

 

 

"Just live your life and leave me alone, please Jieqiong." Nayoung said before walking away.

 

Jieqiong watches Nayoung's figure slowly backing away and leaving her.

 

 

"Is this really the end?" Jieqiong said to herself as she feels her tears roll down on her cheeks.

 

 

--

 

 

Just like Nayoung said to Jieqiong, they both live their life separately. Acting like they each other doesn't exist, not even talking to each other but pretending everything is okay when they are with their parents. Jieqiong tried her best not to look at Nayoung anymore, but she always find herself looking whenever she had the chance.

 

 

She tried going to school early in the morning and going home very late or sometimes not even bothering to go home and just stays at Eunwoo's or with her flirt mates.

 

 

"You should try talking to her." Eunwoo suggested.

 

 

"She said live my life and just leave her alone." Jieqiong said followed with a loud sigh.

 

 

"And you're really giving up?" Eunwoo said that got Jieqiong thinking. She loves Nayoung but their situation right now is so messed up and Nayoung was the one who's making Jieqiong to give up.

 

 

--

 

 

"N-Nayoung can we talk?" Jieqiong asked, hoping Nayoung would give her a chance.

 

 

"Jieqiong can you leave me alone?" Nayoung simply said without even taking a simple glance at Jieqiong. Just like that her heart broke into pieces again if that is even possible because her heart is already shattered.

 

 

She had enough, Jieqiong had enough.

 

 

--

 

 

Jieqiong locks herself on her room. Not even wanting to eat anything nor even drink. She just doesn't have the appetite or she just really feel like .

 

 

Nayoung. Nayoung. Nayoung.

 

 

Was all she can think of. Just how long must she suffer?

 

 

She gritted her teeth, she wants to cry but tears just won't come out anymore, maybe there are no more tears inside her because she's crying nonstop. Maybe, just maybe if she ends her life here, all the miseries will be over.

 

 

Jieqiong smiles, standing on her feet while looking the vase. She does what she needed to do. She threw the vase and pick up a small broken pieces aiming it to her wrist.

 

 

"Maybe this should have happen a long time ago." she said to herself as she starts to try slashing her wrist.

 

 

Life was really toying with Jieqiong.

 

 

As she starts trying to harm herself Nayoung came in holding a tray of food and quickly dropping it as soon as she saw what was Jieqiong doing. She quickly run to Jieqiong's place and grab the broken piece of vase throwing it somewhere inside the room.

 

 

"What do you think you're doing?!" Nayoung shouted, her usually calm self was gone.

 

 

Jieqiong didn't even bother to answer, she just bury her head on her knees while hugging it tightly.

 

 

Nayoung's heart aches because of the scene she's seeing.

 

 

"Jieqiong." She said as she kneels in front of Jieqiong, she cups Jieqiong's face forcing the younger girl to look at her. Nayoung loses it when she looks straight Jieqiong in the eyes, she can see all the sadness, the pain, and Nayoung can see that the girl have given up.

 

 

"Can you leave me alone?" Jieqiong said, her voice cracking up.

 

 

Nayoung shook her head.

 

 

"You're good at that. Why can't you do it for me now?" Jieqiong said and releases a bitter chuckle.

 

 

Nayoung gritted her teeth. This, all of these was her fault. If only she didn't leave Jieqiong alone. If only she didn't give up, if only she didn't fear what's going to happen and tried to fight for Jieqiong, all of these wouldn't happen.

 

 

"Nayoung can y--" Jieqiong's sentence was cut off by Nayoung's lips.

 

 

Nayoung captured Jieqiong's lips, pouring all the emotions she's been trying to hide all this time, pouring all the love she's been trying to forget and pouring all the feelings that have been locked up inside her.

 

 

Nayoung broke the kiss when she felt her cheeks getting wet, not because of her tears but because of Jieqiong's.

 

 

Jieqiong was crying, that was hurting Nayoung. Jieqiong was crying because of her, that was killing Nayoung.

 

 

"I'm sorry Jieqiong, I'm really sorry." Nayoung said, her voice also cracking up as she wipes Jieqiong's tears the rolling freely on the girls' cheeks with her thumb. "I'm really sorry." She keeps on chanting.

 

 

Jieqiong shook her head and leaned into Nayoung's lips again.

 

 

This time the kiss became more heated and passionate. Nayoung bit Jieqiong's lower lip and Jieqiong quickly granted her request enter. Tongues clashing with each other, pouring all emotions they have inside them, not even caring about the cruel world they live in.

 

 

They broke the kiss and look at each other's eyes, the both of them might not say anything but they know, they know what was each other thinking at the moment.

 

 

The both of them stand up and Jieqiong guided Nayoung to her bed. Nayoung kisses Jieqiong again, this time down to her neck, to her collarbone and finally Jieqiong's pulse point, causing her to earn a moan of pleasure from the younger.

 

 

Nayoung stops and looks Jieqiong directly in the eyes.

 

 

"Are you sure about this?" Nayoung asked, concerned can be seen on her eyes.

 

 

Jieqiong smiled, the smile that looks so genuine, the smile that makes Nayoung fall in love over and over again for the first time.

 

 

Nayoung loved Jieqiong, Nayoung still loves Jieqiong and Nayoung knows she'll be forever in love with Jieqiong.

 

 

--

 

 

It was 2 am but Nayoung still tries her best to not fall asleep. The reason? She just wants to stare and look at Jieqiong who's sleeping peacefully beside her.

 

 

"I love you." she said in a hush tone.

 

 

"I love you so much." She repeated and placed a peck on Jieqiong's forehead.

 

 

"I love y---"

 

 

"I know. I love you too." Nayoung was shocked but collected herself from Jieqiong's sudden answered.

 

 

"Did I wake you up? I'm sorry, I was just--" Nayoung tried to explain but was cut off by Jieqiong's sweet and soft lips,

 

 

"It's okay, it's cute." Jieqiong said making Nayoung to felt her cheeks burning.

 

 

The two of them stayed quiet, Jieqiong buried her face on Nayoung's chest and Nayoung hugs Jieqiong tightly and tried to closes the gap between them if that was even possible, as she draws different patterns on Jieqiong's back.

 

 

"What's going to happen to us now?" Jieqiong asks.

 

 

Nayoung stops drawing patterns on Jieqiong's back and cups the latter's cheeks. She looks at Jieqiong's face with a smile plastered on her face.

 

 

"Good question."

 

 

--

 

 

It was early in the morning but two girls can be seen running towards the train carrying big bags while holding each other's hand tightly.

 

 

Nayoung and Jieqiong entered the train, panting and trying to catch their breaths while still clinging onto one's another with a big smile plastered on both of their faces.

 

 

"That was fun." Jieqiong said between her breaths, Nayoung nodded.

 

 

They opened their eyes and look at each other, the both of them releases giggles.

 

 

"I love you." Nayoung said.

 

 

"I love you too." Jieqiong answered.

 

 

They don't know where they are going. They don't have a place to stay. They don't have a job. They only have limited amount of food and money with them. They don't know what lies ahead of them. They don't know what the future is going to be. They don't know what other s life's going to throw at them.

 

 

But what do they know?

 

 

They can handle it as long as they are together, holding each other.

 

 

Because they are each other's life line.

 

 

--

 

Thank you for reading this fic. Positive or negative criticism would be so much appreciated! <3