The Gender Exchange (Part 2)

Beyond Words

SummaryWhat would happen when Tiffany enters a boys school to meet Jesse Jung?
Disclaimer: Jessica is a male in this fic!

(Part 1

 

"Uh Taeyeon?"
 
Taeyeon couldn't control himself. The new guy, Leo, was really too cute. Especially with his eyesmiles. Was he turning gay? He loved how the younger guy had such a soft body, not to mention a nice and y .
 
Not being able to control his urges, he finally relented, jumped onto poor Leo and hugged him as tightly as he could.
 
Tiffany on the other hand, was surprised. She never thought a guy would ever hug another male so openly in public before. But she didn't say she hated it. But she hated the attention that she was getting from onlookers.
 
"Taeyeon, people are staring,"
 
Taeyeon slowly released his grip on the young brunette and looked up to see his face. The eyesmile that was being shown to him only made him regret letting go. So he quickly leaned forward to hug Leo again.
 
"No, I don't care! You're too cute! Let me hug you a little more,"
 
If Tiffany was a guy, she would probably have ripped him off her body. But then again, girls like the attention and cuteness that guys displayed. So she willingly lets herself get taken advantage of by Taeyeon. It was until Jesse decided that enough was enough and he stood up to pry Taeyeon off.
 
"That's enough,"
 
Tiffany looked up at him in surprise. Honestly, she didn't expect Jesse to do that. Hell, she didn't expect Jesse to even be looking at them, considering the fact that he had a huge pile of homework stacked in front of him.
 
"Uhhhhh!" Taeyeon whined as he tried to resist the force that was dragging him backwards. He bent over and forced himself to move forward to hug the brunette again. It made Tiffany giggle but made Jesse even more upset. So he pulled Taeyeon back even harder, causing the latter to stumble a little before falling down onto the floor.
 
"Why did you do that for?" The poor boy got up and dusted his clothes as he stared at Jesse, waiting for some sort of explanation to his weird actions. Jesse was never involved in physical interactions. Like how he ignored Yuri and Taeyeon's grabbing session the last time. Surely it was more erted than just plain hugging.
 
"I said it was enough, but you didn't stop," Jesse didn't shout, but anyone who had some sort of common sense would have known that he was upset. Tiffany walked up to him and rubbed his back a little, hoping that it would calm the boy down.
 
"Hey, it's okay. He didn't do anything, " Jesse turned around the face Tiffany and saw the boy's famous eyesmile. He quietly nodded his head and returned back to his seat, continuing with his work.
 
Sooyoung and Yuri witnessed the first time Jesse got angry.
 
"Woah, that was intense, "
 
"Yah! I got bullied by him and you guys did nothing about it?"
 
"What did you want us to do?!"
 
"Stop him, o-or at least help me up!"
 
"Come on, don't be such a baby! You fell. That's all!"
 
"But still!"
 
"Go and do your work you bum. And stop whining!"
 
Taeyeon couldn't stop whining after that.
 
Jesse remained silent and continued doing his work until he felt someone settle down beside him. Looking over to his right, he saw Tiffany taking out her books and notes before she felt his stare. So she looked to her left and flashed a smile at him, receiving a smile back in return.
 
He wasn't angry anymore. Not when Tiffany gave him more attention than Taeyeon.
 
-
 
The more he hung out with Tiffany, the more he confirmed his hypothesis. No guy in the right mind would proclaim his love for pink so openly. Or no guys in the right mind would even like pink. He didn't mean to hate pink, just not love it THAT much. But Tiffany did. Not to mention, everything on her was pink. From her pens to her pencil case to her water bottle.
 
It's cute, he thinks. Well, technically, everything she does is cute to him.
 
-
 
"BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG!"
 
"Wh-what?" Jesse was startled by the sudden high pitched screams that was coming from the corner of the room.
 
"JESSE HELP ME! THERE IS A BUG!" He swore he saw tears flowing out from Tiffany's eyes as she ran towards him and jumped right onto him. Fortunately he was strong enough to withstand the sudden impact, or rather, fortunately she was light enough that he was able to carry her while she wrapped her legs around his waist and arms around his neck. She burrowed her head onto his shoulder and he felt his shirt get slightly wet from the tears. Not wanting to scare her further, he wrapped his arms around her body to support her as he walked towards her bed , only to find a small harmless insect lying on its back, helplessly trying to flip itself over. Chuckling at the girl's pathetic state, he walked over to his desk and took a piece of tissue to pick the small creature up.
 
But he had to . No matter how much he tried to control himself, he needed to see the young girl's pout. So he lifted up the tissue and called the girl.
 
"Hey, it's gone now,"
 
"Really?" Tiffany gullibly removed her head from his shoulder, only to find the bug on the tissue paper right in front of her face.
 
"AHHHHHH!" And she smacked Jesse on the arm, hard.
 
He continued to chuckle as she chided him, her voice muffled by his shirt.
 
"Don't do that again! I'm terrified of bugs!"
 
"Alright alright. It's really gone now," The sound of flushing water could be heard.
 
"Really?" She refused to lift her head, just in case he decided to trick her again.
 
"Really," And she knew he wasn't kidding this time. So she tore herself off his body and stared into his eyes.
 
Silently staring. Until Tiffany had to spoil the moment by realising their awkward position. Her face turned deep red as she noticed how his toned arms wrapped around her small frame and how her legs were wrapped around his waist.
 
She cleared and Jesse blinked multiple times before muttering out an apology. Not wanting to face such an awkward moment, he copied her and cleared his throat before making his way back to his desk.
 
Damn, I need to control my raging hormones.
 
-
 
This wasn't the only thing that confirmed his suspicion.
 
He remembered very clearly that the last soccer practice, some guy ,whom which he berated madly afterwards, had accidentally kicked the ball out of the field and hit the poor girl at her lower area.
 
The rest of the soccer mates who witnessed it had their face scrunched up, knowing how it feels like to be hit there.
 
"It must have hurt,"
 
But there was dense Tiffany, who looked at everyone curiously, wondering why everyone was looking at her oddly. She even picked up the ball, threw it back gently to the boy and gave him a smile of reassurance that she was fine. Humming a tune to a happy song, she skipped away with their bottles to the nearest water cooler, as if nothing happened at all. Jesse chuckled at her ignorance as he called his players back to the field for training to break their train of thoughts. He knew that if he didn't do it, the members would have found out what he found out. And he didn't want that to happen, because he was selfish, and he didn't want anyone to have a share of that girl.
 
 He never forgot the way the other boys were looking strangely at her for not feeling the pain that she should have felt.
 
This girl is absolutely adorable.
 
-
 
Tiffany watched every match Jesse Jung  played in.
 
Technically she had to, because she was the waterboy for the team.
 
But then again, even if it wasn't her responsibility, why on earth would she skip watching the soccer prince in action?
 
No matter what he did, he was the still the soccer prince. But he almost gave that title up, when he missed a goal in that particular match.
 
Everyone gasped. Jesse Jung had a perfect and clean record.
 
He had never once missed a shot in any competition before. And what more now, when he was considered one of the most experienced youth soccer player?
 
That was the first time Tiffany saw him so upset. And there was a dull ache in her chest accompanied with a constant nagging in a her head, suggesting that she should do something to cheer the blonde up.
 
After a long thought, she approached him quietly and touched his shoulder.
 
Their relationship grew over the few months and it came to a point where no words were needed to be exchanged in order to understand what the other person was trying to do. All Tiffany needed to do was give a light squeeze on his shoulder and Jesse looked up to give her a small smile.
 
"Can I hold you?"
 
It was a simple request, but it was the first time Jesse ever asked her. Tiffany simply nodded, not wanting to question anything. He lifted up the covers and led her onto the bed.
 
She had to admit, she was nervous. How was it like to be under his hold, under his touc-
 
Whatever that was going through her mind vanished as he placed his hands around her waist and pulled her closer. The tip of her nose was brushing his neck and she could feel his chin on the crown of her head. Her hands were on his chest as she felt the normal thumping of his heart against her skin.
 
They lay on the bed in that position the entire time.
 
That is until Tiffany spoilt the romantic moment. To be exact, Tiffany's prickly wig spoilt the moment.
 
She couldn't blame herself for feeling itchy. The wig was uncomfortable and it kept irritating her scalp. It wasn't helping that Jesse's chin pressed on it, making the entire situation even worse.
 
Not being able to fight back the urge to scratch her head, she lifted up her right hand and rubbed that particular spot, hoping that the friction would help ease the itchiness, at the same time stealthily shifting the wig to a more comfortable position so that Jesse wouldn't know and her head would feel a little less irritated.
 
But her sudden movements made Jesse open his eyes to see what she was doing. Without her knowing, she pulled the wig a little too hard on the right, causing some of her long brown hair to fall out.
 
Even though the lights were dim, Jesse wasn't blind enough to see the uneven hair length and the two coloured hair. The funny thing was that she didn't even know Jesse was looking, or that her hair had already been exposed.
 
So after adjusting the wig, she pretended as if nothing happened and tilted her head upwards to see how Jesse was doing. She was surprised to see him grinning at her.
 
"What is it?"
 
"Nothing," He tightened his hold and pulled her even closer.
 
It was funny how easily Tiffany lifted his mood, or how no one else could do the same.
 
Feeling her snuggle, his smile widen and he closed his eyes, the both of them quickly falling into a deep sleep.
 
-
 
Taeyeon noticed how close Leo and Jesse have become. And yes, there will a swell in his chest whenever there were physical contact.
 
And it swelled most of the time. Because Leo and Jesse were constantly touching each other.
 
People who didn't know them might have thought they were gay. But with Jesse's reputation, everyone presumes that that idea was just completely outrageous and just shrugged it off as the both of them being best friends.
 
But best friends don't have that much physical intimacy, right?
 
As much as how badly Taeyeon tried to push the thought out of his head, maybe because he didn't want to be heartbroken, he couldn't help but to think about Jesse being gay.
 
Jesse's... gay?
 
Hell, I suspect I'm gay myself.
 
Leo Hwang, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO US!?
 
He groaned as he fell back onto his bed, taking a pillow and stuff his face into it.
 
-
 
It was about time that he told her the truth.
 
That he knows her little secret.
 
"I know your little secret,"
 
"Wha-what?" Did he know that she wa-
 
"I know you're a girl,"
 
She forced out a laughter to cover up.
 
"HAHA, WH-WHAT GIRL? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? ARE YOU DRUNK?" Her pitch was unnecessarily higher and her head was tilted upwards, a sign that she was trying to hide something. He knew her habits very well and smiled at her failure to do so.
 
"You really want to do this now?" He stood up from his seat and moved closer and closer towards her. With every step he took forward, she took ten steps back, until finally she reached the wall and had nowhere else to go. Seconds passed, and he stood right in front of her, his face so close to hers that she could feel her warm breaths bouncing off his face.
 
"Wh-wh-wh-what ar-are yo-you do-doing?"
 
"I want to see how beautiful you are," She didn't know that he had his hands on her wig and gasped as he pulled it off, revealing her long and silky brown hair that slid down onto her shoulders.
 
She remained speechless as the both of them looked at each other.
 
Jesse swore he had never met another girl more beautiful than Tiffany. And he wasn't exaggerating.
 
"You're gorgeous," Before he leaned in and pecked her once on the lips, "And I like you, " he continued.
 
-
 
"So what is your real name?"
 
"Why do you want to know?"
 
"I mean, I should know since I confessed to you and even kissed you,"
 
She blushed for the thousandth time. Were all the guys this straightforward?
 
"No need to get all embarrassed now,"
 
She turned to her right and got a shock when she realised that Jesse had sneakily scooted over close to her such that his arms was touching hers.
 
He sure is possessive.
 
Not that I'm complaining.
 
"So come on, tell me your real name,"
 
She hesitated for a while before replying.
 
"Tiffany, my real name is Tiffany,"
 
"Tiffany. Tiffany. Tiffany."
 
"Why are you repeating my names so many times?"
 
"Because I like it," And he leaned in again to kiss her on the cheeks.
 
-
 
Were they together?
 
She didn't know. Sure, she enjoyed his company. Boy, she liked him even before she took the place of her brother. But he didn't seem to talk about the matter after that night, or even asked her to be his girlfriend. He just merely stated that he liked her. Was that it? Was that how guys ask girls to be their girlfriend? She didn't know.
 
But she had to say, he constantly called for her, looked out for her, or even got angry when the other guys hugged her. It got them saying, "What has gotten into him? It's just a hug!" before he dragged her away to the roof.
 
"Tiff?"
 
"Yeah," Tiff became her nickname after she confessed about her being a girl. She liked how Jesse called her Tiff instead of Tiffany, or rather, she liked how the fact that he uses her nickname to show his affection.
 
"C-can I ask you something?"
 
He stuttered. Jesse Jung stuttered. And she felt pleasantly surprised.
 
"Sure,"
 
"Wh-what do you think about me?"
 
Was that what was stopping him from asking her to be his girlfriend? That maybe she didn't feel the same way? She was going to a little. It was only fair for her to do so since he had his chance, in fact, plenty of chances.
 
"Erm, you're okay," She pretended to look forward, not even glancing at him once. He was probably too flustered to notice the smirk on her face or even the shifting eyes to peek at his reaction.
 
Okay? What does Tiffany mean by an okay? Is that good thing? He needed to know.
 
"I-is that good or bad?"
 
She further.
 
"It's both I guess. Depends on how you look at it," She pressed her lips together to suppress her laughter that was on its way out.
 
"Bo-both? But is it more towards the good or the bad?"
 
JUST ASK HER ALREADY.
 
His brain and heart was frustrated by the way he beat around the bush to get an answer. If he was smarter, getting the answer wouldn't be a problem.  But this has gone on for a long time and his mind was going bonkers.
 
"Hmmm," She cheekily turned around and tapped his nose, "I don't know,"
 
She then stood up and turned around with her hands behind her back, happily skipping away.
 
"Tiffany wait!"
 
She paused in her steps, waiting for him to continue.
 
"Do-do-d," She turned around and look at him questioningly.
 
"Do-do-do, "Damn it, just open your damn mouth, "D- do you like me?"
 
His cheeks turned red as he duck his head to avoid Tiffany's gaze.
 
She smiled.
 
Finally, she thought.
 
Tiffany remained in the same posture and started skipping towards him. Once she was in front of him, she lifted her arms and wrapped it around his neck. Pulling him closer, she whispered, "What do you think? "
 
"Wou-would you then be my girlfriend?"
 
She didn't reply. All she did was leaned forward and tilted her head to kiss him on the lips.
 
And he knew the answer.
 
The sides of his lips lifted as he raised his hands and fitted it around her waist to get her closer.
 
-
 
"I'm not gay, I'm not gay, I'm not gay," Taeyeon muttered as he walked around the classroom. Not watching where he was going, he accidentally bumped into Sooyoung who was holding a bun in his hands. Unfortunately for Sooyoung, he watched his bun fall to the floor helplessly before looking up and pointing at Taeyeon.
 
"YAH! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Not getting any response from the boy, he looked at Yuri who seemed worried.
 
"What's wrong with him?" Taeyeon didn't seem to be the least affected by his surroundings as he continued his journey, walking around in circles.
 
"I don't know. He has been acting like this since Leo got here with Jesse,"
 
He was angry. No, he was jealous. Why isn't Leo as close to him as he was to Jesse? He was sure he treated him way better than Jesse did. Then he realised,
 
I LIKE A GUY? OH MY GO-
 
THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING.
 
But there Leo was again, with his famous eyesmile and husky voice. Taeyeon couldn't control himself anymore. So he ran up to Jesse Jung and punched him right in the face before running out of the classroom, leaving the four of them dumbstruck.
 
-
 
The phone in his jeans vibrated.
 
From: Leo
 
To: Taeyeon
 
Hey, are you okay?
 
 
 
Taeyeon wasn't okay. How could he be okay when he was questioning his uality? Or how could he be fine after punching one of his best friend's face? But it was Leo. So he quickly typed in a reply.
 
 
From: Taeyeon
 
To: Leo
 
Yeah, I'm fine. I just need a little space right now. Tell Jesse I'm terribly sorry for what I've done.
 
Tiffany sighed when she read the reply. Guys, can't they just be more open about their feelings?
 
"How is he?" Jesse settled down next to her on her bed as he pressed the ice pack on his bruise.
 
Tiffany reached out to get the ice pack from his hand and helped him massage the bruise on his face. He smiled at the gesture but noticed her difficulty in leaning forward due to the awkward position they were in. So he wrapped his arms around her and lifted her up with ease before placing her back down onto his lap.
 
Her cheeks turned red when she realised the position they were in but smiled as Jesse leaned forward to kiss her on her forehead. He pulled himself back before relaxing to her touch, mouth opening to repeat his question.
 
"So is Taeyeon alright?"
 
He noticed how her face fell a little and watched her form a reply.
 
"He said he is, but I don't think he is." Jesse looked at her.
 
"It's a girls thing you know. Woman's instinct,"
 
"I'm sure,"
 
Tiffany pressed onto Jesse's bruise, causing him to lean backwards to lessen the pain.
 
"Ouch! It hurts!"
 
"Serves you right," The young girl stuck her tongue out childishly at the blonde, causing him to laugh at her as he tightened his hold around her waist.
 
"I'm sorry honey, " And he pouted, "Will you forgive me?"
 
Tiffany enjoyed the aegyo that her boyfriend displayed and she rewarded him with a brief kiss on the lips.
 
"Forgiven,"
 
-
 
"Jesse, do you have a new crush?" He choked on his food.  Tiffany lightly patted his back as he reached out to grab the glass of water that was across him.
 
"What??"
 
Taeyeon had his eyes on Jesse the entire time. Trying not to be too obvious, he lifted up his spoon, placed it in his mouth and pretended to chew.
 
"Yah, Kim Taeyeon. You're not even chewing on anything,"
 
He heard the comment but ignored it, more interested in the conversation that was held on the other side of the table.
 
"I don't know. I mean, I saw a drawing of a heart and the name Tiff and Jesse written inside of it on the notes that you lent me,"
 
It was Tiffany's turn to choke as her face turned red. She knew that she was blushing over the fact that she got caught but the rest had probably shrugged it off, thinking that it was because of the lack of oxygen.
 
"Why is everyone choking now?"
 
"JESSE HAS A CRUSH NAMED TIFF?"
 
"YAH! AS YOUR BEST FRIEND, HOW CAN I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?
 
"So who is she?"
 
"Sh-she is.." He briefly glanced at Tiffany and made up a story in his head. "She is someone Leo made up!"
 
"Wh-Yea-Yeah," Tiffany was getting used to the lie, "I made it up because I got bored during lecture and I drew on his paper. Jesse kept calling the name Tiff in his dreams the night before so I decided to ,"
 
She smirked at him as he became flustered. She pushed the lie a little too far this time round. But everything was to his disadvantage, so he decided to just go with the flow.
 
WHEN ON EARTH DID I DO THAT?! THAT TIFFANY HWANG.
 
Smiling with uncertainty, he hurriedly joined in.
 
"Yeah, she is just a random girl I dreamt of,"
 
"You sure? Because people don't usually dream of random names,"
 
"She must have meant something to you! COME ON! DON'T HIDE IT FROM US!"
 
"SHE IS REALLY JUST A RANDOM GIRL! I DON'T KNOW OF ANYONE NAMED TIFFANY!"
 
"NOW WE KNOW HER FULL NAME IS TIFFANY! YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM US JESSE JUNG!!"
 
"UGHHH," He was exasperated. How on earth was he going to get out of this conversation?
 
"Tell us more!"
 
"Is she pretty?"
 
"Does she have a nice like Leo?"
 
"TAEYEON! DID YOU JUST TALK ABOUT LEO THAT WAY?!"
 
"WHAT?! I WAS JUST SAYING! IT'S A COMPLIMENT ANYWAY! NOT EVERYONE'S CAN BE AS ROUNDED AS THAT!"
 
Taeyeon was probably relieved when he noticed how panicky Jesse became after the name Tiffany was mentioned. So he thought that a mention of Leo's nice would mean nothing, especially since Jesse had a crush on someone who isn't Leo.
 
But Jesse was undeniably jealous. He looked over to his left and he saw Tiffany blushing, very obviously conscious about her derriere as her hands were placed on it.
 
Hold it in. Hold it in. Hold it in.
 
"So who is Tiffany?"
 
"That's it. I'm leaving," He abruptly stood up, pulling Tiffany along with him.
 
"And he is done too, "
 
Tiffany just innocently gets dragged by him, clearly not done as her food was nearly untouched. But she chooses to keep quiet about the entire thing, knowing that Jesse was upset about Taeyeon's comment on her . Well, he should be, since he was her boyfriend.
 
"Jesse,"
 
"What?" Why was he taking it out on her?
 
"Don't be angry. He doesn't mean it,"
 
"DON'T BE ANGRY? HOW CAN I NOT BE ANGRY WHEN SOMEONE ELSE TALKS ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND'S ?"
 
"Hey! It's not my fault that he looks at it! I'm wearing jeans all the time for goodness sake!"
 
It was true. It wasn't her fault. He had to blame it on Taeyeon's erse nature. So he lets go of her wrist and leaned against the wall of their room. Clearly still displeased.
 
"Come on, " She slowly approached him, hugging him tightly around the waist when she was near.
 
"I'll let you kiss me. How about that?" He looked down at her and was getting ready before she placed a finger on his lips to stop him.
 
"Only if you promise me you wouldn't be mad about this anymore,"
 
He considered. Getting a kiss was a better option than to get angry over Taeyeon which gets him nowhere. Or rather, at least getting a kiss would make their relationship stronger.
 
"Fine, I promise,"
 
"Good,"
 
And he got the kiss he wanted.
 
 
 
But the drama doesn't end here.