The Winner (Drabble)

Beyond Words

 

The Winner

"I win, I win!"

Jessica chuckled at the sight of her girlfriend bouncing up and down after she placed down her last card. The blonde had lost, again. Anyone would have commented on Jessica's stupidity if they had sat down to witness Tiffany's victory. The highest card was with her, and yet she didn't put it down to stop the younger girl.

Why? She wondered. Why was she always giving in to Tiffany?

As a normal human, one would feel terribly sore at the fact that he or she had lost. But it was not the case for Jessica. She loved the sight of Tiffany childishly sticking her tongue out to mock the older girl, Tiffany dancing her victory dance in front of her, Tiffany smiling as if there were no worries in the world. She didn't ever want to let the young brunette know that she had lost on purpose - her heart would not be able to take the pouting face of her girlfriend.

Jessica's silence was thought as a sign of displeasure to Tiffany. So she stopped her antics and walked towards Jessica, hands stretched apart to prepare wrapping them around the blonde.

"Jessi! It's just a game! I'll let you win the next time round!"

A lie. Jessica knew Tiffany's competitive nature would never allow such thing to happen. But it didn't matter, because Jessica didn't care about winning in the first place - coming to think of it, the reason she even played this game was just for the sake of Tiffany.

The blonde pouted in return to Tiffany's cooing as the younger girl slowly settled down on Jessica's lap.

"I'll give you more later okay? Don't be upset anymore," With that, Tiffany dragged her finger downwards, from her girlfriend's thin lips to the loose buttons on her white shirt.

Jessica grinned as she leaned forward to kiss the young brunette on the lips.

She  understood why she always gives in to Tiffany. Jessica lost the battle to win the war - she herself was the biggest winner after all.