Chapter 1 // SeulRene

Complex
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyun-ah, are you sure it's okay for me to enter your house?"

Seulgi and Joohyun stood in front of the older girl's 'home', as what she claimed it to be. But for Seulgi, it almost looked like a castle.

Joohyun patted the taller girl's back, as if encouraging her. "It's okay, it's just my siblings at home. Papa and Mama aren't back from their business trip."

'Actually,' Seulgi internally added. 'Every time we mention about your parents, they're always away. I never got to meet them.'

The shorter girl rung the door bell, and surprisingly, it echoed throughout the house. It's almost as if it was completely empty.

The gate was opened by a pretty, taller version of Joohyun. She was wearing a baby blue polo shirt and tight, white pants that accentuated her long legs. She had short hair though, so Seulgi thought that she was the boyish type.

She was the exact opposite of the feminine, Victorian era, tea-time lady Joohyun that she loved. But despite the differences, they almost look like they're twins.

"Oh," She said. But as soon as 'she' spoke, Seulgi regretted thinking that this person was a girl. "Is this your... girlfriend?"

Joohyun nodded. "I invited her over to introduce her to you."

The shortest of the three immediately went inside and strolled along the pathway leading to the mansion's main door. The one who opened the gate was left to speak with Seulgi as they followed Joohyun.

"Um," The boy started. "I like your hair."

Seulgi never really paid attention to her hair, but as soon as the boy told her that, she immediately blushed.

"It seems... fluffy. I like the intensity of the volume of your hair. And it smells nice. I want to braid it."

It only made Seulgi blush harder.

"I can hear you from here, Han." Joohyun said, despite being about ten feet ahead of the two.

The boy, who Joohyun calls 'Han', just shrugged. "Well, that's Hyun-ah for you. What's hers is hers. I can't even compliment you now."

Seulgi laughed. Of course, knowing Joohyun and being her girlfriend for about four years now, she knew how possessive she is without having someone to tell her that.

"Thank you anyway, for commenting about my hair." Seulgi said, as she watched the boy smile.

As soon the main door was opened, Seulgi wanted to scream in awe.

The interior of the house was spacious.

Sure, it was big. But there weren't much furniture inside.

There was a huge fallopian tube-looking staircase in the middle that connects the first floor to the second floor. The whole area of the lobby seems like something you would see from a hotel. There were a lot of passageways, but all the walls are surprisingly white.

Joohyun took the staircase, while Han guided Seulgi to the left hall, where she guesses the other siblings were.

"Jaehyun is cooking something for lunch right now." Han said, as Seulgi followed him. "I guess Joohyun was off to get the other sibling."

As soon as they reached the end of the hall, Seulgi was as shocked from when she first entered the mansion, when she saw the dining room, which would most likely be called the dining hall.

There was a big oval table with ten seats around it. Seulgi was about to ask how much exactly are they in the family, when a shorter guy entered the room.

He was carrying a tray with roasted chicken on it, as he immediately laid the serving down the middle of the table.

"Um, hi?" He said. "Hyung, is she one of your friends?"

Han shook his head. "She's your noona's girlfriend. She's Seulgi."

The boy scratched his head. "Oh... But I haven't heard about a new girlfriend from Boa noona. She's drunk again, and I think she's sleeping. Should I call for her?"

Han almost threw the glass nearest to him. "Not her, you idiot. She's Joohyun's girlfriend. You should totally speak with Joohyun sometime, you're missing out on a lot."

Seulgi only laughed, when the boy bowed in apology.

He extended out a hand towards Seulgi, as if meaning to have a hand shake. Seulgi took it and shook his hand with hers.

"I'm Jung Yoon-oh, but you can just call me Jaehyun, or Jae."

By now, Seulgi started having questions in her head.

'How come they all have different surnames?'

In the middle of the conversation, a sudden voice was heard throughout the mansion.

"Jae-ah! Bring me some water!"

It wasn't that powerful for a voice, but it echoed through the walls nonetheless. It only proves how empty the house was.

Jaehyun immediately dismissed the short conversation.

"I have to make a soup for Boa noona. It seems like she had just woken up from her hangover."

Seulgi nodded.

"I've prepared the chicken, the other viands will follow through," He added. "I'll call for the others, but the two of you can start eating now if you want."

He left, leaving Han and Seulgi.

 

---

 

It didn't take long before all the siblings have gathered in the dining hall.

It was the first time that Seulgi had seen Joohyun's siblings, since she was never really brought here. All she knew was that Joohyun comes home here every weekends, and lives in an apartment near their university.

Four good-looking siblings were in view, and Seulgi can already die in peace under the presence of the godly, blessed children.

"I'm Kwon Boa," The other girl said. She was tall, but not taller than Han. She had bags under her eyes, but she carries the same smile that Joohyun flashes every time. She certainly had a lot of accessories on her, as her fingers were all occupied with rings of different stones. Seulgi can still hear how drunk the girl was.

Boa was eating the soup that Jaehyun especially made for her hang-over.

"I'm Lu Han. You probably know me better than you know the other two. This boy over here is Jung Yoon-oh, the youngest of the family."

Joohyun snickered. "But unnie orders her around a lot, so he never really got the opportunity to appreciate his youth."

Joohyun introduced Seulgi to her siblings, but the question bugged Seulgi again; it itched to be aired out, but she didn't want to sound rude.

Han, being the one beside Seulgi, proceeded to ask as soon as he noticed the stiffness of the visitor.

"Yah, are you okay?"

Seulgi nodded, grabbing her glass of water to drink.

Joohyun eyed Han. "If something's bothering you Seulgi, you can just tell us."

Seulgi shyly avoided any eye contact.

"U-Um... How come all of you have different surnames?"

No one dared to speak.

The air was suddenly thick, and Seulgi didn't know if it was the atmosphere or the embarrassment that choked her.

"Ah, that question." Boa said, slurring a bit. "We all have different mothers. But since I'm the eldest, and obviously the original child, I get to have the surname benefits."

"I'm still Papa's favourite, no matter what." Joohyun groaned, playing her food with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter