The Hopeless Ostrich & The Dense Stone

The Hopeless Ostrich & The Dense Stone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an unusually quiet evening at the PRISTIN’s dorm, only an occasional scream could be heard once in a while which was considered very peaceful. One girl was sitting on the living room sofa, scrolling furiously. Her eyes went up and down in a fast pace, scanning through the phone’s screen. She didn’t even flinch or even notice at all when Jung Eunwoo was tackled down by Park Siyeon right in front of her. Siyeon started tickling Eunwoo who tried to get away but was held down by the younger girl. Siyeon laughed as Eunwoo tried to get away from the tickling, laughter being forced out of her. Eunwoo tears started to dwell on her eyes as Siyeon kept on tickling her with no mercy.

 

“Be careful princess, don’t get hurt okay?” Kyungwon said from the other room before going back to talking on the phone with Kongie, her dog.

“I’m the one who you should be worried about!” Eunwoo screamed, breathless from the tickling.

 

The front door opened and came Minkyung with Yebin trailing behind her like a puppy while laughing at the older girl, holding plastic bag with both hands. Minkyung pouted as Yebin kept laughing at her. They went to the kitchen and placed the plastic bag on the counter before stocking it to the fridge.

 

“Stop laughing, geez.” Minkyung glared at Yebin.

“But he printed Mingeng on your newly made membership card. And before that he wrote Minkyeong, Minkyeng and Mingyung.”

“It’s not funny.” Minkyung said rather loudly.

 

Another scream from Eunwoo came from the living room. Minkyung glanced at the living room to see Eunwoo and Siyeon wrestling on the floor.

 

“Eunwoo, stop playing around.” Minkyung said.

“It’s not me! It’s DdiDdi! Get her away from me!” Eunwoo plead helplessly.

“Siyeon-ie, stop playing around. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Minkyung said, softer than before.

“Can someone like worry about me for once?!” Eunwoo questioned breathlessly.

 

Siyeon finally stopped tormenting Eunwoo when she heard Minkyung voice from the kitchen. Siyeon, still sitting on top of Eunwoo, pining her down. She glanced to the kitchen to see Yebin and Minkyung re-stocking the fridge.

 

“Oh, you’re back.” Siyeon said nonchalantly.

“Minkyung unnie.” Siyeon called a bit louder this time.

“What is it Siyeon-ah?”

“Did you buy booze?”

“I didn’t!” Minkyung screamed.

 

Yebin barked out a laughter hearing Siyeon’s question. Eunwoo soon join the laughter even thought she was already exhausted. Minkyung glared at Eunwoo who stopped laughing right away. Yebin kept on laughing even when Minkyung pouted at her. Siyeon, still on top of Eunwoo then continued.

 

“Minkyung unnie, did you buy snack for me?”

“Of course I did.”

“Thank you unnie.” Siyeon ran to the kitchen and back hugged Minkyung, giving her a peck on the cheek before rummaging through the plastic bag for snack.

 

Minkyung smiled at Siyeon’s affection. Yebin then back hugged Minkyung, seeking for her attention. Minkyung patted Yebin’s head before going to the room that she shared with Kyungwon and Siyeon. Yebin pouted when Minkyung left, she then went to the living room to sit on the sofa ignoring Eunwoo who’s still exhausted on the floor. Siyeon skipped to the living room with ice cream on her hand, sitting next to Yebin. Siyeon happily her ice cream but then noticed Yebin’s pout.

 

“Unnie? What’s wrong?” Siyeon stopped devouring her ice cream to paid attention to Yebin.

“It’s nothing.”

“Aigoo, cheer up.” Siyeon quipped before pecking Yebin’s cheek.

 

In the midst of it all, Kyulkyung who was still perfectly motionless on the sofa except for her finger and eyes let out a loud whine.

 

“Why?” she wailed to no one in particular.

 

Eunwoo, Yebin and Siyeon turned their attention to Kyulkyung who was now sulking on the corner of the sofa.

 

“And what’s with you?” Siyeon asked Kyulkyung.

“I need to hold a meeting. It’s urgent.” Kyulkyung got up from her seat and into her room only to come back out with a laptop.

“What meeting?” Eunwoo finally got up from the floor, looking utterly confused.

 

#####

 

"So I was browsing the internet and you know seeing what people say about me and then I came across this." Kyulkyung whipped out her phone, unlocking it then cleared before reading off the screen.

"Nayoung-ah, among the dongsaeng who do you think like Nayoung-ie the most?" Kyulkyung read off the question cutely.

"Isn't it you?" Eunwoo question.

"Yeah, ain't it you? You are so whipped." Siyeon said with confidence.

"Yeah, she even wrote in an interview that she's a girl who love Nayoung unnie very very very much." Yebin added.

"Oh, I saw that." Yoojung commented.

"Me too." Sohye said.

"Rena because she express her affection a lot." Kyulkyung read the answer while gabbing her phone so hard it made a cracking noise and glaring daggers at Yebin who shrugged.

"What? It's not my fault."

"What is Kyulkyung to Nayoung?" Kyulkyung read off another question.

"A dongsaeng?" Yebin question.

"Since you guys are tragic, a member?" Siyeon guessed.

"A puppy." Kyulkyung grabbed her phone hard, suppressing the urge to throw the device out of the window.

Multiple laughter were heard echoing through the living room of PRISTIN's dorm.

"Oh God, not even a person. A ing dog." One of them commented while laughing their head off. It was probably one of the couple.

"Yah! Dogs are nice and cute and soft. Don't make fun of dogs!" Yoojung said seriously, Sohye agreeing with her.

 

Kyulkyung huffed and puffed, trying to calm down her emotion.

 

“I practically tell her that I love her every single day.” Said Kyulkyung in a frustrated voice.

“I screamed out that I’m jealous when she’s close to other people.” Kyulkyung continued, her voice a bit louder this time.

“Everyone know that I love her. Our fans know, the managers know, the staff know, the members know, hell even Yeonjung that is basically the most tactless person in the entire world know!” Kyulkyung placed both of her hands on her face, making a fake sobbing voice.

“Hey!” Yeonjung exclaimed through the laptop.

“Well yeah, except for Nayoung unnie.” A girl who looked like shiba inu, Eunwoo said nonchalantly.

“No , Sherlock.” Yebin raised her eye brow at Eunwoo.

“Shut up Eunwoo unnie.” Siyeon, the real boss of the PRISTIN bark.

 

Eunwoo pouted, but she didn’t say another word. For now.

 

“So is this why you called all of us? To talk about your tragic love life?” Somi questioned, one of her hand supporting her cheek. She looked bored, really bored.

 

Kyulkyung looked at the room full PRISTIN’s members, namely Eunwoo, Siyeon, and Yebin. Kyulkyung laptop was , with multiple video call running on it. The monitor was full with I.O.I girl’s faces listening to Kyulkyung mini breakdown. Kyulkyung called Somi, Doyeon, Yoojung, Sohye, Mina and Yeonjung.

 

“What should I do?” Kyulkyung whined loudly.

 

Then all the girls started talking at the same time, not even caring that their word becomes jumbles of incoherent sound. Kyulkyung tried to listen but gave up after a few second. She held her forehead on her hand, hoping it would help with the stress from the noises.

 

“Okay, please one by one.” Kyulkyung suggested but no one was listening as they were too busy talking.

“Hey!” Kyulkyung said very loudly this time.

“Oh geez, not so loud. You are hurting my ear.” Doyeon said while rubbing her ear, Yoojung laugh loudly as Doyeon who was wearing an earphone pulled it out as soon as Kyulkyung screamed.

“Where is Nayoung unnie anyway Kyulkyung unnie?” Mina asked while munching on a bar of chocolate.

“Nayoung unnie is sleeping, she won’t wake up even if a nuclear war break out.” Siyeon answered instead of Kyulkyung.

“Anyway, what are your suggestion?” Kyulkyung asked again.

She then held up a finger as everyone was about to talk at the same time again.

“One by one. Raise your hand if you want to speak.”

 

Almost all of them raised their hand. Kyulkyung contemplated for a bit before choosing the maknae on top, Somi first.

 

“I reckon we kidnap Stone unnie. I have this script where Kyulkyung unnie save her from the kidnappers. I can make the script super dramatic and heroic. Also we should get some explosion going, it will be so cool and epic."

"Rejected." Doyeon said while making an X with her arms.

"What, why?" Somi whined.

"It's stupid and the hell with explosion?" Doyeon and Somi kept arguing back and forth.

"Shut up!" Yeonjung screamed at them.

"Any other ideas?" Kyulkyung asked again, she was getting dizzy by the moments.

"It's me, Kim Doyeon. I have a great plan."

"Do elaborate." Yebin said to Doyeon.

"So, first you need to make Nayoung unnie sick. And then you can take care of her while she's helpless. She will be like 'Kyulkyung-ah I'm sorry to trouble you like this.' Then Kyulkyung unnie can say 'It's okay unnie, as long as you can be healthy again.' 'I hate being weak in front of you Kyulkyung.' Then this is the killer part!" Doyeon acted through the dialogue with excitement.

"You said 'It’s okay unnie, I won’t tell anyone about this.' She will surely fall for you!" Doyeon said with a wink, her fingers in L shape resting on her chin.

"Stop making internet novel you idiot. Gosh it’s so cheesy I feel like throwing up." Somi said while making a fake puking noise.

"Yah! Jeon Somi! Want to fight?" Doyeon challenged Somi.

"Game on!" Somi answered back immediately.

"Guys, calm down." Sohye said in panic.

"These plans are useless." Yoojung commented.

"Ah, I finished my chocolate." Mina said sadly while looking at her chocolate wrapper.

"I don't want Nayoung unnie to get sick and getting hurt you idiots! My heart hurt when Unnie is in pain." Kyulkyung said sternly, then her tone change and her eyes soften when she talked about Nayoung.

"I think I just threw up a little." Eunwoo said while making a disgusted face.

"Same." Doyeon joined.

"Ditto." Somi too.

 

They were throwing all sort of comment and Kyulkyung whined at Somi and Doyeon who kept teasing her. Yeonjung was too busy doing her own thing now, too distracted to even listen to the conversation. Sohye sighed for the hundredth time. Mina was rummaging her bag to look for food. Siyeon end up getting bored and sneak up to Eunwoo and bit her arm. Eunwoo screamed as she felt the bite. Minkyung went out from her room to the ruckus at the living room to find Yebin looking blankly at her while Eunwoo was rubbing her arm and glaring at Siyeon who put out an innocent face.

 

"Seriously kids, you are too loud." Minkyung slightly nagged at them.

"She bit me!" Eunwoo pointed at Siyeon who still act as clueless as ever.

Minkyung went closer to Siyeon and rubbed the second maknae's hair and chin affectionately. Yebin pouted at the sight, while Siyeon smiled cutely at Minkyung.

"Go to sleep soon Siyeon-ah, we have schedule in the morning."

"Yes unnie." Siyeon nodded cutely. Minkyung smiled at the sight.

"Also you three." Minkyung said before going back to her room.

 

Everyone stayed quiet for a while until Minkyung closed the door of her room behind her. They started to argue again with the occasional bad jokes from Sohye that made everyone groan in second hand embarrassment. It was getting out of hand and then the other bedroom door opened to reveal a frowning Sungyeon.

 

"Oh, mochi mochi Ddungyeoninee." Kyulkyung said excitedly.

"I’m not a mochi! Can you lower the noise pollution? Yewon is having nightmare because of how loud you guys are. Also, Kyla can't sleep."

"Okay unnie, we'll try to keep it down." Siyeon answered.

"Thank you." Sungyeon said before closing the door.

 

The room was quiet again for a while before someone broke the silence, again.

 

"So... What were we talking about again?" Yeonjung question made everyone groan and sigh. Everyone pretty much agree by now that Yeonjung might have ADHD.

“Everybody, I have an idea.” Sohye proudly said.

“This better be good.” Kyulkyung was not even that hopeful by now.

“Rather than wasting time by coming up with a plan ourselves which proven to be useless, I think we should go to the master.”

“What master?” Eunwoo sat up, everyone swear they could see a tail wagging behind the girl.

“Oh god...” Somi groaned.

“Who?” Mina asked wide eyed, some stain of chocolate still remains around .

“Don’t tell me...” Doyeon grabbed her head and shook it.

 

Sohye wriggled her eyebrow and let the tension ran for a bit before Yeonjung screamed ‘Hurry up’.

 

“Mina-yah! Please call master Sejeong-nim!” Sohye said excitedly, her hands clapping like a seal, or maybe a penguin. Somi and Doyeon groaned together.

“Sejeong unnie?” Mina was dumb folded.

“Yes.”

“Ah okay, I think Unnie is in the room next door. I’ll go to her.”

 

Mina then grabbed her tablet with her and start heading to the said room. After a few moments of blurry screen that made half of the girls feel sick to the stomach, Mina’s camera finally stabilized and showed her face. Mina smiled her signature eyes smile while holding her laughter.

 

“Behold, God Sejeong.”

 

As Mina announced, the camera flipped to show Sejeong. She was laying on her side, her hand propping up her head. Her legs were crossed in a very un-ladylike manner, rather she was acting like a middle aged man. She was holding what seems like chicken feet in one hand, her face surprised when Mina pointed the camera at her. Sejeong was surprised when she heard familiar laughter came out from Mina’s iPad speaker. Sejeong then saw the screen, and she saw PRISTIN and I.O.I members laughing their asses off. Sejeong wasn’t even fazed, she instead winked at the girls and pose provocatively with chicken feet still on her hand.

 

After the laughter died down and Sejeong had eaten her chicken feet, not forgetting to off her fingers in the process. Sejeong then started to wonder why they were having this group video call session in the first place. Kyulkyung explained to Sejeong about Nayoung’s obliviousness to her affection. Sejeong listened intently, nodding her head in understanding once in a while. After Kyulkyung finished her explanation Sejeong went quiet for a bit. She was doing the thinker pose. The girls also went quiet, waiting for what God Sejeong had to say. Then Sejeong's face light up, like a lamp switched on within her brain.

 

“Maybe that’s the problem.” Sejeong started.

“What problem unnie?” Yoojung question impatiently.

“Kyulkyung-ie is too clingy, that’s why Nayoung unnie take her for granted.”

 

A bunch of Oh... and Ah... filled the room. The younger girls were definitely impressed by Sejeong relationship knowledge.

 

“Her age aren’t for nothing after all.” Somi commented.

“Yah, jassik! I’m not that older from you.” Sejeong said playfully.

“Your way of talking really isn’t helping unnie.” Siyeon commented while the rest of the girls quietly agreeing to it.

“What should I do then unnie?” Kyulkyung instantly seek for Sejeong’s advice.

“You should know how to push and pull Kyulkyung-ah.”

“Push and pull?” Kyulkyung was confused.

“Yes, you can’t just keep pursuing Nayoung unnie all the time. You need to be cold and chic at times too.”

“Why is that unnie?” Kyulkyung’s head was tilted t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter