What if I listen?

Depress

Byul, the boy with dazzling blue eyes, beaming smile and possess a charismatic vibe. Despite he is an orphan, he graduated with flying colours. Internship period with K Company ended and moving on to a new chapter of his life. He went to a few companies for an interview and landed himself with a position as the manager for company B. Despite he is a fresh graduate, due to his high achievement in university, he managed to secure a high position with good salary. However, the happiness turned grey in a month. A high position with good salary comes with a price of responsibility and workloads. He had to burn midnight oils at the office every night including weekends to finish his works. Laptop, documents, phone calls, laptop, documents and phone calls that were his routine throughout the week. For a beginner like him that gotten a good job without experience, become the talks of the colleagues.

 

However, his girlfriend, Solar is very understanding. Despite that, after he started working and had lesser time to spend with her but she will never blame him. She is his strength and hope. Every time when Byul unleashes his stress on her, she tends to him calmly and cools him down. Byul only can calm down after she embraces him in her arms and gives him a kiss on his forehead. It's like a “magic spell” that only Solar can pull it off. Every day after work, Byul will go to Solar’s house to have dinner and spend time with her. They watch movies, or just sit on the couch in each other embrace. They just love to be in the essence of each other presence.  Sometime, Byul will even stay over at Solar house to just be at her sight. His clothes occupy half of Solar’s wardrobe and vice versa. They are in the state that they can move into each other house.

 

“YOU BOY! COME HERE!”, His boss shouted at him and asked him about his work. The boss gave him a full blast of hearing that nearly makes him explode. With a pile of documents, he returned back to his desk and slammed the documents on the table. Without knowing that the job will mess with his life. Staring at his laptop, he tries to correct the mistakes that he had done. The feeling of wanting to kill himself for making mistake slowly formed in the back of his mind. Lowered his head down and close his eyes, he tries to calm himself down. It has been a hectic month for him with his work problems and he did not get enough rest. Before he even finishing correcting his work, he received another pile of documents that he needs to be completed before the next day.

 

Working turned him into a beast. There were no time to think of joy nor to rest except at night. The stress accumulated started to engulf him. His temper becomes worst and started to abuse Solar. Solar was scared and even with her “magic spell”, it did not work at all. Worried about his condition, Solar brought him to the hospital for a check. It was then that he was diagnosed with depression. According to the doctor, his condition was quite severe and Solar was worried sick. She asked him to move into her apartment so that she could take care of him. She couldn’t bear the thoughts of poor Byul staying alone without any care. Without any further delay, he moved in. He still goes to work like normal with a condition that he takes his medicine every day. Solar will go to fetch him every day after work and they will go back to their house together.

 

With the economy downfall, Solar wants to start a business by herself so that she could earn more for their monthly expenses. However, she does not have enough saving for it and she didn't want to get a loan. She remembered that her ex-boyfriend, Hwasa did mention about wanting to invest in a business. She took the opportunity and hit up her phone for Hwasa. They agreed to meet up after work nearby Byul’s office. Solar called Byul that she will pick him up late a bit. Byul was suspicious of Solar as she never did that. Therefore, he decided to wait for her at a nearby cafe. When he waited for Solar at the cafe while taking sips of coffee, he saw that Solar was with Hwasa at the cafe of the opposite cafe that he is in.

 

This makes Byul really angry and stormed away from the cafe. He went to a nearby bar and drank tonnes of alcohol. Solar tried to call him but couldn't reach. Solar tried to call again but it was the same. Solar waited for him on the couch that night. When Byul came back, he was drunk and wasn't in the right mind. The next day that he woke up, he was reek with alcohol smell and had a migraine. He tried to call Solar but Solar forgot her phone. Assuming that she went off to work, he took a bath and went to work as usual. It was strange that Solar forgot her phone and didn't call Byul for the rest of the day. Solar went missing the next day as well without any notice. He felt something was not right but just shake it off, thinking that Solar probably get tired of him and need her own space. On the way back from work, he bumped into Hwasa, Solar ex-boyfriend. Hwasa asked about Solar’s whereabouts because he could not get in touch with her and wanted to discuss their plan to open a business together.

 

Byul then remembered the day that he was drunk that he had a massive brawl with Solar because he saw her, together with her ex-boyfriend. Solar tried to explain about the matter but he refused to listen to her. They kept on quarrelling and Byul cannot control his temper. Without him realising, he took a knife and stabbed Solar. She was crying for help and Byul stabbed her for the second time to shut her up. He then cut Solar’s body into pieces and put it into plastics. He threw the plastic into big garbage dustbin at a dark alley. He returned home with blood on his shirt and hand. He went to his bathroom and wash his face and take out his cloth. He went back to his office and continue doing his work. He pretended like nothing was happen.

 

Day turns into night, Byul was laying down on the bed thinking about what he remembered. He knew that he wouldn’t kill his beloved girlfriend. The girl that he loves. He looks up at the ceiling think of Solar while trying to sleep but he just couldn’t as he sensed that something was looking at him at the corner of the room. He opened his eyes sat up straight and saw a girl with a long black hair, smiling at him at the corner of the room, holding a bloody knife. By then, he knows that his girlfriend already gone and it was her at the corner of the room. He tried to run to the door to escape from the girl but she was a step faster and blocking the exit. Solar’s soul comes back to take revenge.

 

He ran to the window near his bed and when he turn around to look for the girl with long hair and she was inches from Byul’s face, and shouted at him.

“Why did you kill me, Byul? Why?! I love you more than myself. Let’s live together with me there. I want youuuuuu…”

 

He then realises that he is the one that actually killed Solar. As the girl slowly get closer to Byul with the bloody tongue to Byul’s face, he jumped off the window as he was too afraid.

 

“Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…”