Final

aigoo

As she turned away, he quickly lunged for her wrist; in a tight-hold as if desperately holding for his life,“YAH! Where do you think you’re going?!”

Embarrassed of her tear stained face, she hung her head down low, kept her back turned, and let out of puff.

“Aish. You’re so stubborn! Why don’t you listen to me!” Her face as red as the cherry blossoms that breezed by, only to land on the paved floors of the classroom.

“Stop playing with my feelings, you jerk! Aish really, you’re giving me grey hairs.”

Still holding her wrist, he grunted out in frustration, not knowing what on earth happened for it to become like this,”You’re the stubborn one! What do you mean I’m playing with your feelings?! I didn’t even do anything!”

Getting even more irritated than she already was, she contemplated why she even had feelings for such an idiot,”YAH! Let go!”, yanking away from his tight grip as she blew her bangs out of her face; attempting to put on the impression that she wasn’t hurting. “Sometimes I wonder why I care about you Aigoo so stupid”.

“Look at me!”, he forcefully grabbed both her shoulders,and shifted their positioning so that he was portrayed closely to the outline of his best friend,”What happened? Tell me c’mon we promised not to hide anything from each other.”

For a brief moment, their eyes met and silence filled the room; it seemed as if everything froze just for them to be able to look at one another. Her cheeks  soon began to ooze a bright crimson before she realized the situation.

“What do you mean? Nothing’s wrong don’t worry abou-”

“YAH! You should know better than to like to me! Me out of all people!”

She glared at him with a hard look, she looked annoyed, bothered even; but she knew better than to tell him the truth,”I just fell on the curb okay! It’s not my fault that the stupid construction workers decided to put it where I was walking, and you just laughed at me. So cruel! You didn’t even try to help me up, you’re such a jerk!”

He gave her one long look as if debating whether her explanation was reasonable enough for the circumstances at hand. After a minute or two, he slightly nodded to himself,”Fine, but be careful next time. Why are you so clumsy! Be careful next time! Stay here. I’m gonna go to the nurse, and see what I can get for your leg”,as he carefully examines the small scar on the front of her knee, not noticing it before,”Don’t you dare go anywhere!”

As he turns his back to leave the room, she pouts in defeat as she adjusts herself into the chair she placed herself in. She thinks to herself about the reality of it all, if only he knew how she felt about him, but she knew the truth.

“No way would he never feel the same way for me. Ha. The idea is laughable.”

“We’re just not compatible. He likes his personal space, but I needed extra affection,
He was very undemonstrative about his feelings, but I was quite articulate.”
The jealous, clingy type could never prosper with those who were level-headed; independent and unattachable.
“But for now, at least I can be his best friend.”
The pitiful excuse used by millions of people who were too weak to let go, but too passionate to stop.

Although what she told him was true, about tripping over the curb and all, it wasn’t because she was being careless, but rather too observant at the time. Little did he know, she was watching from afar, a mere coincidence of course. The sight of him choosing her again broke her heart just a little bit more than usual, causing her to lose sight of what she was doing.

The tears started to flow from her eyes again, as if mocking her for the feelings she possessed,”God damn it not again, stop crying you jackass. Why are you crying? You already knew from the beginning, so stop god damn crying.” It was as if the severity in the lack of hope that she had for herself caused her brain to crumble; spued.

Loud footsteps could be heard coming down the hall; she panicked, and fiercely wiped her eyes b with tears. The door opened only to reveal the man that stole her heart,”Hey I got you some ice,” He calmly strutted to her rescue,”here gimme your leg,” lightly patting the zip lock bag onto the ever so tiny cut.

So concentrated on cleaning the wound from her knee, he didn’t feel the intensity of her stare. She looked at him with the utmost love in her eyes, admiring from afar, a tactic she has learned to be accustomed to for far too long.

“Okay~ all done! Now, c’mon lunch is almost over. We should probably get back to the others before it gets too late”

She sighed, the moment that seemed so close suddenly distanced itself from her grasp,”Yeah you’re right, we should get going, but first…”

She opened her arms, as if a sign for a sweet, tender embrace which he gladly obliged to give her. For a minute, it finally seemed as though she was important in his life, as if she actually had some valid reason to be with him, but all good times must come to an end, and soon they parted ways; only to walk together back to their friends.

She could only wish for the love and affection, but he’ll never know unless she tells him, but that’s why she doesn’t.