Prologue : Starting Line

The Call

Author's Note : Hello, I'm aware that i haven't update my other fict but I hope you all could enjoy this fict as well and maybe give some love to this. Comments are really appreciated here and probably some subscribse if you don't mind :)) i'm gonna cherish that if you guys would pointed out what you feel throught the whole chapters on there. English is not my main language , 02:32 am here so, every mistakes are mine. Anyway, happy reading!

 

ps:

For those who have been pestering me to write this done (you know who you're)

i hope you guys could enjoy as well:))


 

 

It’s almost 3 in the morning and here Byulyi still sticking her nose in front of the scattered papers, messy notes, and laptop on her desk. She lets out a content sigh and stretch her arms.

“Goshh this is tiring.” She groan our loud.

She fix her glasses that’s about to fall from her nose bridge and back to scrolling to her laptop. Living as a sophomore isn’t as easy as it seems and it’s no secret that the stupidity of “due tomorrow = do tomorrow” for papers or project is almost everyone’s trait including her (well be honest doe, procrastinating is way more entertaining than doing your assignment from your old grumpy professor much more if your procrastination is in the form of Krystal Jung from f(x) goshh she is such an art!)—anyway that’s not the point the point is, she hella tired now!

“Professor Kim is totally ruthless, I can’t believe he make us this miserable. He is totally an assh—“

She is not even on the halfway of her rants when suddenly her phone ringing beside the laptop. She frowned since she didn’t set the alarm and who even called her at this hour? Hyejin? Nahh she probably sleeping like a log or drown into another movie marathon of hers on her room. Wheein? Hmm nope, nope. Yongsun unnie? I don’t think so, jjing jjing probably peed on her phone first… uhh.. yeah she forgot They are all her housemates duhh…

She takes my phone and it’s true she don’t even know the number at all.

“Who even called at this hour?” Byulyi scoffed and slide her thumb across the screen to stop the call.

It’s not even some minutes passed since she put down her phone and start to read her messy notes again her phone start ringing again. She keeps ignoring that until the fifth rings and she really feed up.

“Who are you? I’m not in the mood to play right now.” Byulyi not usually easily to get annoyed but these assignment already make her nuts and she ain’t gonna deal with another jokes right now. she answered the call but----

..

 

.

.

.

Silent…

.

.

 

“Hey.” She tried to call again but she got another silent answer.. Okay this start to get a bit creepy it’s 3 in the morning and Hyejin just told me the creepy story of The Ring

“Hi.” The person from the other calling and Byulyi breaths in relief.

“Umm Hi?” It’s more like a question rather than a greetings and she aware of that. From the tone alone she can already tell this person from the other line is a guy and she predict that he is around her age (at least that’s what she thinks- so she didn’t really have to freak out if this is some creepy ahjussi stalker from downtown.)—probabbly one of her join class peers asking for their recent project? Who knows? Bu, at this hour seriously?­

“Uh yeah hi, sorry to call.”

“Well yeah, okay.” She answered back No it’s not you assh--- I’m about to go into scream fest

“Who are you?” wait, The---

“Wait what? Sorry, do I hear this wrong?”

“Umm who are you?” The guy repeat his question again. Certain, without any hints of jokes, solid and steady.

“Uh.. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to be rude but I think you’ve dial the wrong number and I still have my loads of assignment so—“

“No, no please don’t hang up first.” She frowns.

“Okay, then give me a valid reason why I don’t have to hang this up and why you called this hour? You aren’t one of my project peers from join class aren’t you?” wow I’ve never been this straight forward, guess that assignment really work me up or I’ve been spending my times way too much with Hyejin.

“No, I’m not.”

“Then who are you, what do you want?”

“I don’t want anything, I just-“

“Just?” She cuts him off and she heard a sigh from the other line.

“Okay, I know it’s maybe ridiculous but I just feel like it. I mean, I just feel like calling you.” Byulyi frowns and her eyebrows knitted by the seconds, she bites her lower lips and start chewing it in a bit of annoyance. Is he try to pull a sick joke now? She scoffs.

“Are you try to play a sick joke now? You said you aren’t one of my peers on join class, and you were asking my name like who am I? At this hour? You seriously so funny.”

“I told you I’m sorry to call you at this hour-“

“Of course you better be sorry for that.”

“Look, umm.. I know I make you feel annoyed and such now but can we get this through a good way? I mean something like getting to know each other name first? Okay that’s sound ridiculous but you know some ridiculous things isn’t always ended up in a bad term, yeah?” The guy was blabbering and Byulyi only can rub her temple and pinch her nose bridge to suppress her foul mood now. She can tell that this guy isn’t bring any harm (unless on her not going to be done soon assignment) and she will try to play nice.

“Okay Mr. I-called-you-because-I-just-feel-like-it, let’s just take a toll now and skip that part of I don’t know who you are and where you get my number plus you called me at this ungodly hour while I’m working on my assignment now. I’ll try to play nice now.”

“Um.. isn’t that a bit blunt? I feel a bit offended here.” He mumbles but Byulyi still manage to get it.

“Say the one who called me and say-“

“Okay okay, sorry so sorry .. umm so can I get your name first?” Byulyi was contemplating now, should she give her name or? After all this guy is a total stranger and maybe for safety she should give others.

“Hey?” He softly called her again.

“Ugh.. yeah, Moonbyul just call me Moonbyul.”

“Ah.. Moonbyul, such a pretty name.” He chuchkles.

“And Who are you?”

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Heota, just call me that.”   

 


Autho's Note :  I may or may not be frequently update this, but i'll try my best :))