To Stay In Love is Hard

There's No Happy Ending in Our Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung and Mina are sleeping back facing each other in bed, it's been like this since last week. Their bickering this time seems longer than usual. No one even tries to talk things out. Mina can be stubborn at times and Chaeyoung just ignored it until Mina calm down by herself. 

****

"Chaeyoungie, are you going to come home late again?"

Mina calls her lover, they have been together for two years now. Mina keep rubbing her glass of coffee in circle as she talk to Chaeyoung. To be completely honest, Mina really missed Chaeyoung today but it seems Chaeyoung doesn't get it all.

"Sorry, i'm still working. Go get some rest okay, i'll be home late"

"Wait, Chae-"

"Oh, i almost forgot. Happy Birthday babe, today is your birthday right? Or is it tomorrow?"

"....It's today"

"Oh, so i'm not really forget it at all. Happy Birthday babe and i love you so much"

Mina can hear vaguely, a sound of busy road before Chaeyoung cut the call. She sigh heavily.

"Liar...you're going out again after work, today too"

Mina keep looking at her pendant, it's her last year present from Chaeyoung. She was so sweet and caring that time, before they decided to moving on together.

"I guess time really does change people"

Mina goes to sleep, she let her tears flow as she keep hugging the pillow that Chaeyoung usually use for sleep.

Chaeyoung comes home around midnight, she smell her own breath to check if she is still reek of alcohol. She was on a party, company party to be exact. She can't even reject that offer since she's still a new worker on that company.

Chaeyoung sit on the edge of the bed, caressing Mina's hair gently before she kiss her forehead. She lay in bed, feeling all exhausted but once she hear a soft snore from her lover, she smile. Chaeyoung back hug her and sleep.

****

"Start talking to me Mina"

Chaeyoung stop her lover to walk away from their room, they are having cold war this time. Mina keep her mouth shut.

"Stop giving me silent treatment, you hear me miss Myoui"

Mina glares at her, Chaeyoung never call her like that unless she really get mad.

"What?"

"Explain to me why are you mad at me?"

"You should have know this better"

"I didn't, so care to explain!"

"Look, i'm tired Chaeyoung"

"Tired of what?"

"of you"

"Mina, if this is all because i almost forgot you birthday i'm sorry okay?"

"....this just won't do, Chaeyoung"

"Stop. You hear me? I know what you're going to say so stop"

Chaeyoung quickly hug her tight, afraid to hear that three words that hurts her the most. Just not again.

"I'm lonely, i have you but i'm lonely. Is this how it feels to fall in love?"

"Mina, i'm sorry. I will be here often, i'll come home early. I wil-"

"Liar"

"Mina, please"

"Sometimes i hate you for making me like this, Son Chaeyoung"

"I'm sorry, i got so busy at work tha-"

"If get drunk is a part of your work then i'm sure you're hella busy"

"That's company party i have to attend it"

"Yeah, i know"

"You know?"

"Are you calling Tzuyu again to ask where i was?"

Mina just keep silent and sigh heavily, Chaeyoung hug her more.

"I'm sorry, i know you're mad at me but please trust me. I never think to cheat or anything nehind your back"

"I know"

"You know? How?"

"You once said you will leave if you lost interest with someone"

"You still remember the things i said back then?"

Chaeyoung chuckles, she look at Mina and caress her cheek.

"I'm sorry okay?"

"Alright, i forgive you this time"

Mina hug her and buries her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder, she miss her a lot. They spend the rest of Chaeyoung's day off by watching a dvd and lay on the couch. Mina back hug Chaeyoung while the girl slowly start to get sleepy and yawn.

"Wanna go to sleep?"

"Hm, not yet. I still want to spend time with you, babe"

"Okay"

Mina watches the movie quietly, mostly she thinks about something else. Mina kiss Chaeyoung's head and turn off the dvd when she heard Chaeyoung soft snore.

Mina hold her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter