final.

I Don't Know You, But Let's Act as a Couple to Have a Discount
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lying on her belly, Seulgi scrolled through her feed, yawning every now and then.

She just woke up, but she figured she wanted to go out today, because the sun was shining and it wasn't every day that the weather was nice.

'Beach seems fun,' she thought, as she tapped on a picture of one of her friends to view it. 'But it would cost me a lot to go there. I'd rather not.'

A message from Seungwan came, and it's about their project again.

For a moment, Seulgi wanted to mute all notifications from her block mates. She wanted to have some time for herself.

It's not that she didn't want to participate in their group work -- it's just that Seulgi had been working her on it for the past few days, and thought that maybe it would be nice to give herself some time without having to think about responsibilities at all.

Anyway, Seulgi was back to scrolling through her feed.

One of the restaurants that she had followed posted a promo.

It was a two-for-the-price-of-one deal for a new drink that they have, and the flavour seems interesting.

Also, the manager of the restaurant will pick one couple who bought the drink, and give them 60% discount off for the food that they will be buying.

The promo and discount lasts til the day after tomorrow.

Seulgi wanted to try it out. But not when she's alone.

'I could just buy both and drink it all by myself,' she thought as she chuckled to herself.

'But wouldn't that make me look like a loner?'

Seulgi brushed the idea of being a loner.

that, she just wanted the drink.

Making up her mind, she shut her phone off, got up from her bed, and grabbed her towel.

Time to take a bath!

 

---

 

Seulgi was blow-drying her lily and cream scented hair, combing the dried portion with her fingers.

Today, she decided to wear a white, long sleeved blouse and tight, black slacks. She almost looked like a business woman from what she's wearing. She's thinking hard whether she'll wear flats or heels.

'Maybe I should call Sehun..?' She thought. After all, the guy had been wanting to have lunch with her for a while.

'Meh, maybe he's busy. Going alone, it is.'

She didn't want to look like she prepared for something, but she didn't want to look bad, either.

Applying light make-up wouldn't hurt now, right?

Her phone lit up, a new notification coming from Seungwan again.

'Damn it, Wan. Hold your horses!'

Seulgi put off the her hair-drying device as she took her phone and checked the notification.

'Seems like they'll be needing my help again.'

With a groan, Seulgi threw her phone over her shoulder.

Surprisingly, no thudding sounds were heard.

Seulgi curiously looked over her shoulder, only to see that her phone landed safely on top of her bed.

With a sigh, she acknowledged her skills.

The phone lit up again, and Seulgi can only slap herself on the face.

Looks like she'll be leaving her phone at home for the afternoon.

 

---

 

Seulgi was already in front of the restaurant.

The poster for the promo was hung on the exterior walls, tempting every couple who passes by to try it out.

She peeked from the glass walls and saw that there were many good-looking couple.

There probably isn't any single, lone soul out there.

'I knew I should've invited Sehun over.'

Disappointed and shy, Seulgi reluctantly stepped back, almost rationalizing whether she should still go for the drink or retreat.

That's when a slightly shorter girl approached her.

Her hair was long and straight and black, and her eyes were big and shiny. Her nose was so tall, and was curved into a smile.

Seulgi didn't know who this person was, but it didn't hurt to smile back.

But she probably looks like an idiot right now, with the push-and-pull in her mind on whether to walk away or ask if she can do anything for her.

"You must've seen the promo, too." She said.

Seulgi nodded. 'She has a cute speaking voice,' she internally thought.

"Well... Do you have a date?" She asked. "I wanted to try out the new drink, and probably save some money for lunch, too. But I'm alone today, and we match clothes, so I thought when I saw you -- why not invite you since we look like we'd be very cute as a couple?"

Seulgi almost choked. "Y-You're inviting me..? With you?"

Her eyes missed out the details.

Yes, the girl was wearing a short-sleeved white blouse, which was tucked in with a tight, high-waisted black skirt.

She noticed they both were having the business woman vibe in their outfit.

"Yes, I thought it would be okay." The girl started to feel a bit shy. "But... If you don't want to go along with me, that's fine. It's okay, and I completely understand if you're creeped out by now. I apologise."

"No, no! It's fine, really." Seulgi nervously laughed it off, trying to lift up the awkward mood. "Well... I guess we should get inside, yeah? We wouldn't want people to be suspicious of us."

The girl had gratitude in her smile, as she took Seulgi's hand in hers and pulled her inside the restaurant.

 

---

 

They decided to take the table in the middle of the floor.

"You know," The girl whispered. "We're both head-turners. They'll surely notice us with the way we look and from where we're seated."

Seulgi looked at her crudely. "Aren't you a bit too confident?"

"Yes, I like that!" The girl exclaimed, giving Seulgi a thumbs up. "You should act as the irritated girlfriend. And I'll act as if I'm continue to bug you. You should continue looking bored and off."

An eyebrow raised. "Why?"

"Just... Ugh, just get along with it!" The girl whispered in frustration. "It's a strategy. Let's act as if you're not enjoying the services, and I'll whine about how I want to go to another restaurant. They'll probably pick us and give us the discount, just to let us stay."

'Matching outfits, good looks, table position, and acting.' Seulgi smirked. 'This girl has good tactics.'

"If you don't sit still, we'll go home." Seulgi said with a stern voice.

The girl sighed, but winked at Seulgi mischievously.

"Fine," she groaned. She raised a hand and called for a waiter.

As soon as the tall guy approached their table, the girl opened the menu handed to them. Seulgi reluctantly took the other menu and started to browse through their options.

"Baby, what do you want?" The girl asked.

'B-Baby?' Seulgi was almost flustered. "Hmm, I don't really know. Their rice meals are too heavy."

"Ah, I want to try this out, love!" The girl leaned closer across the table and pointed the promo drink they both were planning to try. "It's two for the price of one! Do you want to try it?"

Seulgi wanted to close her eyes, roll from the top of a hill, and disappear forever.

But she won't lose to this girl's acting skills.

"Fine," She said with a bored tone, flat and uninterested.

The girl hummed. "What about pasta? Do you want to have pasta?"

"I want this day to end pasta," Seulgi said.

"What?"

"It was a pun," Seulgi sighed, keeping up with the irritated girlfriend role. "Let's have the crabsticks for appetizers."

"We'll get the spicy, hot sliced beef as well." The girl said, looking up to the waiter. "Dear, do you want to eat desserts?"

Seulgi hummed. 'Actually,' she thought. 'How is she so confident to order a lot, when we haven't gotten picked yet? What makes her certain that we'll get the discount?'

Seulgi sighed. "Strawberry shortcake," she said as she spotted the picture on the menu. It looked nice.

"And two strawberry shortcakes," The girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter