Who is it?

Unexpectedly Together

IU's POV

I knew that in just a few minutes, I'd see HIM.

The Person, the one that I had waited for for a few hours already with my whole family. I had a bouquet of flowers in my hand, ready to put it into waiting hands of my oppa.

My whole family was here, just waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Just then, we heard an announcement from the speaker-thingies-"Important announcement, important announcement, please. Flight #304 has been delayed. Again, flight number three-oh-four has ben delayed. Please go to the Information booth to hear more. Repeat, please go to the Information booth to hear more."

I thought my heart stopped for a moment-flight number 304 was oppa's flight! We exchanged looks of concern and hurried to the Information booth.

"We'd like to hear more, ma'am," my dad said.

"Yes, sir. Due to heavy rainfalls and fog, flight #304 has been canceled and will arrive here tomorrow at 5:30 PM," the attendant replied. We all nodded and headed towards the car in a daze.

"Oppa's not coming today," I whispered sadly. I distinctly heard my phone ring, but I didn't feel like picking up, so I just let it ring in my pocket. My brother patted my back sadly, too, and sneezed.

"Be careful-you're going to catch a cold again," my mom reminded him.

"Okay, mom," he said while he rolled his eyes. We all laughed, and even he smiled a little.

 

Yoseob's POV

"Aish! Why isn't she picking up?" I shouted. I had called IU already, but she didn't answer. I knew she had nothing scheduled right now-maybe she was ignoring my calls on purpose? My anger turned into worry. She was probably with her other boyfriend having fun while I sat here in my room, panicking like crazy.

I started to daydream about IU and her boyfriend I didn't know she had. His name would probably be cool and unusual, like JunBil or something, and his last name Lim. Lim Junbil, a year older than her, with a cool hairstyle and popular, too-handsome with a killer smile.

The more I thought about it, the more I was worried for myself. Who would date someone as unimportant and boring as me with a lame name like Yoseob? I began to procrastinate about myself.

It was probably the hair-my weird colored hair. That, and my strange fashion sense-and my very unromantic voice. My jokes, too, that brought a cold wind to everyone.

Junbil very possibly had a smooth and suave voice with the latest fashion-the blackest black hair and a great sense of humor with charm, too. He probably had rich parents and got good grades AND was a perfect boyfriend-caring, charming, loyal, nice, kind, funny, encouraging, helpful, responsible, romantic, talented, listening... with a great singing voice.

The more I thought about it, the more it made sense and the more realistic it got-I was starting to get scared. What if all of that WAS true? Then I'd have no chance with my scratchy voice and just me?

Not me, I thought glumly. Probably not anyone thinks that I'm 'datable (date-able)' and everyone would probably follow Junbil instead.

As I was feeling sad for myself and pitying my luck, my phone rang. I dragged myself to it, and saw that IU was calling. I quickly snatched it up and said, "Hello?"

"Yo-I mean, Auntie Beysoo!" She answered back, remembering our fake names. Because I was alone, I didn't have to call her that, so I simply said,

"Yes, Jieun-ah?"

"Um, I saw you called me-why?"

"Well, I just wanted to schedule a meeting with you."

"I can't, remember? I'm too busy this time." In the background, I heard her mom ask, "This time? What are you talking about, Jieun?"

She then answered, "Oh, just spending time with one of my aunties to talk." Then, returning to me, she said, "How about next week, auntie? I'm free. Oh!" She said, as if she had not thought about it. "What if I come there for Family Break?" I could practically see her mischevious twinkle in her eye.

"Family Break?" I asked in my high-pitched auntie voice, just in case her mom was listening in.

"Yes, it's an idea I came up with that got improved. Every week, I get to spend an hour or two with my family members," she said, sounding really excited. "This week I can't, because there are some schedules my manager-oppa-remember him? I think he met you once-made before we started it, and we can't cancel, so how about next week?"

"Sure, why not? Wait," I said, still in my Auntie voice. Just to make stuff more realistic, I added, "Let me check my schedule, my dear. What time?"

"Um, anytime in between 12-5, auntie," she replied, sounding impressed. "You can choose-I'm free."

"Hmmm... Let's see, 1:00 is no good-I've got to meet with my boss, and 5-nope, club meetings, can't miss. 12:00 is lunch with my sister, so that doesn't do, either. 3:00 is my excercise classes, but that one isn't mandatory, so I guess I can cancel that one. Jieun, how about 3:30 to 4:30?" I said in one breath, making stuff up.

"Sure, auntie." I could tell IU was in awe of my awesome acting skill. Hehe-those acting lessons payed off.

"Okay, then, my dear Jieun, see you next week at my place!"

"Your place?"

"You know, the usual spot-hint, ice cream!" I hung up quickly, smiling happily. The place I was talking about was a small ice cream place that IU really likes that no one knows much about-only the elders, and they knew us well enough. I had went there a couple of times by myself after, and I found out no 'youngsters,' as they called us, didn't find out about the shop yet.

Then, remembering what I was thinking about before, I took out my phone again, this time more seriously. I texted her, When you're alone, call me-I have to discuss something with you.

 

IU's POV

I got a text from Auntie Beysoo, and I wondered what it was. Yoseob-oppa's acting skills were so good! I wished I'd taken those acting classes before when I had the chance.... Anyways, the text said, When you're alone, call me-I have to discuss something with you. I had no idea what we had to discuss, but I still answered back, Okay. Talk to you later!

A few moments later, in her room

I remembered what oppa had said, so I opened my phone and called him. Instead of a hello, he whispered quickly, "text, no call. Filming now," and hung up. I guess I had chosen the wrong moment.

auntie beysoo, wat did u want 2 talk about? Where r u? I texted.

at the SGB shooting place.  wanted 2 talk 2 u about... when r u available?

wat??!!

its too serious to be discussed on phone, eunjiu.

ah... okay. im available on the 3 and 4 this week. 12-3.

ok, eunjiu. ill c u on 3 from 1-2 fine w/ u?

sure, auntie. c u then!

by.

We ended the conversation and once again, I wondered what this serious subject was.

 

A/N: I know, I know, my writing is lousy. It's my first fanfic, so please look easily on me! I'm sorry for the bad txt vocab and the storyline is so dull and boring right now! I'm pretty sure it's obvious who HE is, but I'll just continue on like you guys don't know, okay? And all that procrastination Yoseob did-I DO NOT THINK THAT WAY. I'm just writing it like how I think he would have procrastinated, and I think he's awesome and all that.

Thanks for reading, everyone! I'll try update and please forgive all my mistakes and my bad story.

Probably, you guys are hating me right now for updating so slowly and for these lame stories. I'll try to do better, so... read on!