It Starts With I Like...

It Starts with I Like... #NAMJIN#

Jin was standing silently behind the couch where Jimin, Taehyung, Namjoon and Yoongi sat. The live video began like any normal live broadcast would have as they react to their performance of Blood, Sweat and Tears they did a few minutes ago. Halfway through the video however, Taehyung was seen with a mischievous smirk as Jin’s part came on screen. Tae turned to Namjoon, who was seated next to him, and proceed to complete his ingenious plan.

Namjoon was staring intently at the screen as Tae said,

“I like…?” Tae said, trying to provoke the leader to say something. Namjoon ignored him and tried to focus his attention on the screen which showed Jin dancing his part of the song.

Tae tried again, saying it louder so the rest of the members could hear.

“I like???” Tae said, and was once again ignored by Namjoon but this time, it didn’t go unanswered.

“Jin-hyung!” the maknae and Hoseok said at the same time.

The members reacted differently as soon as the word came out.  Namjoon blushed and embarrassedly hit Taehyung’s shoulder. Namjoon couldn’t stop the shy smile on his face so he opted to covering it with his hand, which only made it more obvious. Jimin was smiling too, his eye-crest forming along with Jungkook and Hoseok.

Jin, who was standing at the back, stood shocked for a moment, before breaking out into a large smile. The rest of the members smiled along with them, except Yoongi and Taehyung, as Yoongi was smirking in amusement while Taehyung was laughing quietly at his success in teasing their leader.

The video had ended a few hours ago and now all the members were at their dorm, getting ready to go to bed. Jin was already lying on his bed while the other members were busy with their own stuff. Yoongi was taking a shower so Jin was left alone to his thoughts in their shared bedroom.

Jin was very confused. When Tae had suggested that Namjoon likes him, he felt very happy because there was a slight hope that the said leader might like him. However, he was also very worried because Namjoon was not the one who said it and he couldn’t see Namjoon’s reaction during the vlive as he was standing behind him. Namjoon might be disgusted for all he knows!

Jin lets out a strangled sigh and shoved his face into his pillow, trying to drain his thoughts away. At that time, Yoongi came out from the shower and quietly observed his hyung.

“Hyung.”

Jin jumped slightly.

“For goodness sake Yoongi-ah, don’t sneak up on me like that!” Jin said with a sigh.

Yoongi stared at Jin a little longer before a smirk slowly forms on his face.

“Hyung…are you thinking about Namjoon?”

Jin felt the tips of his ears reddened and pouted at Yoongi.

“Is it that obvious?” Jin asks. Yoongi chuckles slightly before dropping onto his bed. Jin automatically reached for his Mario soft toy, hugging it tightly.

“Well…yes.” Yoongi said. They remained silent for a while after that, neither wanting to break the comforting silence in the room.

“Do you like him then?”

The bold question made Jin freeze. He honestly don’t know what to say. For years he’s been trying to deny any intimate feelings he had for the leader but as time goes by, his feelings got stronger and stronger until he can no longer avoid it. He wanted to like him, but he was scared. Scared of rejection, scared of ruining the relationship between the two of them if he ever confesses, scared of not being able to talk to Namjoon again without awkwardness in the air.

“You know,” Yoongi said as he breaks the silence again. “You should just go for it.”

“What?” Jin asked bewildered. Yoongi shoots him a knowing look.

“Just go up to him and confess. I’m positive he’ll say yes you know.” Yoongi said as he slumps deeper into his bed covers.

Jin panicked, “I can’t do that! What if he doesn’t like me? Then everything would be ruined and I will never have the courage to speak to his face again! What if-”

“Hyung.” Jin fell quiet.

“Just confess. He’ll say yes.” Yoongi held his gaze as Jin took his time to reply.

“He’ll say yes?” Jin asks softly. He couldn’t understand how Yoongi is so sure about it. Yoongi just stared at his hyung before softening his gaze.

“Yes hyung, I’m positive. And if he doesn’t, I’ll ask Jiminie and Jungkookie to beat him up for you.” Yoongi said with a smile.

Jin laughed at Yoongi’s attempt in reassuring him, both knowing how scary an angry Jimin is and how strong the young maknae can truly be.

“Okay…I’ll do it.” Yoongi flashed a gummy smile at Jin and both of them succumb into their sleep, one finally determined to confess while the other just wanting to get as much sleep as possible.

 

The next day, Namjoon was surprised to face a very red faced hyung standing closely in front of him.

“Hyung, are you okay? You look a little feverish.” Namjoon said. Namjoon worriedly look at Jin. He was acting strange and he couldn’t help but feel as if something was about to happen. He was about to enter the practice room when Jin had called him to stop.

“Namjoon-ah,” Jin waited a few seconds before gathering his courage. “I r-really l-like you. Can you go out with me- I mean! If you want to we can, I don’t k-know try going out BUT if you don’t then it’s fine because like I’m fine with it and we can still remain friends and-”

“Jin!” Namjoon said as he grabbed Jin’s shoulders to still him. Jin stared at Namjoon, shocked because he rarely calls his name without using honorifics.

“I like you too.” Namjoon said, staring deeply into Jin’s eyes. While Jin was ranting away just now, Namjoon could only hear Jin’s voice saying ‘I like you’. His heart was thumping loudly in his chest as he admires Jin up close, finding Jin’s ranting slightly adorable.

Meanwhile, Jin felt as if time had stopped. The way Namjoon was looking at him made him flustered and their distance is not exactly helping either. And-

“Wait.” Jin said, finally realizing what Namjoon had said.

“You like me too?” Jin asked hopefully, putting both hands on Namjoon’s arms, which had moved from its previous location to Jin’s waist. Namjoon smiled and Jin could admire his dimples due to their close proximity.  

“I do, you Mario loving dork. I love you so much that I’m willing to say the cheesiest line to make you fall in love with me. I love you so much, that when I don’t see you for a day, I feel my heart break into little pieces. So yes, I love you. Are you willing to save me? Because I need your love before I fall…fall…”

Jin flushed a deep red and laughed his famous window wiping laugh that made Namjoon’s chest fill up with joy. “That was so cheesy!” He said in between laughs. Jin was very happy, not because Namjoon likes him, but because he loves him.

A loud bang came from behind them and Namjoon turned around to see what happened.

Jimin, Jungkook, Hoseok and Taehyung had fallen on top of each other, trying to eavesdrop on Jin and Namjoon’s conversation behind the door to their practice room while Yoongi stood next to them, scrutinizing and low-key judging them.

“You guys are probably the worst spies I’ve ever seen.” Yoongi said before shaking his head disapprovingly. The sight made Namjoon rubbed his neck shyly, his other arm still around Jin’s waist. Jin blushed again from embarrassment and turned to scolding the younger members for listening into other people’s conversations.

Taehyung, who was jumping slightly, ignored Jin’s nagging and asked excitedly.

“So, are you guys together now hyung?!”

Everyone went quite, all eyes on Namjoon and Jin, who looked at each other. Yoongi let out an exhausting sigh.

“Well it’s obvious they are together. Why do you ask such redundant questions Taehyung-ah?” Taehyung shot a pout at Yoongi and everyone cheered for the new couple.

“Now they can be truly be our mom and dad! Or, dad and dad…whichever works.” Said Jungkook sheepishly. Jimin went up to his hyungs to congratulate them while Hoseok pats Taehyung in the back for a job well done.

Yoongi smiles softly at the scene before telling them to enter the practice room before the choreographer arrives. And all of this wouldn’t have happened if Taehyung didn’t teased Namjoon. Jin would have to thank Taehyung for that someday.