One- The Opening Ceremony

The Familiars
Please log in to read the full chapter

Today is the day I finally receive my familiar. The first day of the second year is considered the most important day during one’s lifetime. The portal, in which we pull our familiars from, is opened up by the members of the administration council. Before the ceremony officially begins everyone is lined up.

All through my childhood the ideals for my perfect familiar evolved over different periods of time. Once it happened when Namjoon got his familiar a great pyrenees named Seokjin. I had envied that he got one of the kindest familiars I have ever met.

The opening speech starts with the generic:  “I’m proud of how hard each individual student has worked to get to this point in their lives.” I didn’t bother to pay attention to the speech.

Taehyung, my childhood friend, is first to step up to the portal. When he draws his hand back, a bunny hybrid is holding onto him. The mark in that bonds them engraves into their skin.

When my time approaches, I walk up the steps nervously. I stand before the portal and insert my hand. I could feel something grasp onto my arm.

I pull my hand back out and everything goes dead silent.There before me stood two wolf familiars. Wolf familiars haven’t been seen in centuries and everyone began to believe that they went extinct. I feel the burn of their marks etching into the skin on my wrist.

“Your names?” I proceed shakily and ignore the whispers behind me.

The shorter one spoke first. “They call me Min

Please log in to read the full chapter