Please...

I can't...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started out normal. The day was as filled with schedules as it normally would be and all of his class mate bnormally worked their asses off. It was just... A normal day. 

However, everything ceased to be normal with one abnormal phone call in the middle of a very normal dance practice. It was from Jungkook's mother. She had actually called Yoongi (he was just there for Jimin if he were honest) since she figured he would be the best person to relay the message to Jungkook. None of the members knew what conspired over the call, but they could see Yoongi's lips turn into a frown, something that concerned them, especially Jimin.

It was only at the end of practice did Yoongi pull Jungkook aside and tell him in a very patient and calm manner as he could, "Jungkook, you need to listen to me very carefully okay?"

"Yeah, Hyung?" Jungkook asked, a bit confused at first.

"Well... Your mom called earlier and... You remember your friend in school? (What was her name?) Park Youngji?"

"Yeah, but how do you know about her Hyung?" Jungkook asked, but this time, a bit of a frown settled on his face when he noticed how tense his Hyung seemed to be despite his calm front. 

"It was all very sudden, but she died in a motorbike accident Kookie..." The older said softly that only the two of them could hear amidst all the others' chattering in the practice room. He then tried to make something out of the maknae's facial expression but for once, he couldn't. 

It took a while before the younger could answer, albeit in a cold tone. 

"Hyung, if this is your idea of a practical joke, it's not funny."

"No, Jungkook, I know, you're just shocked right now, but it'll hurt more of you deny it. We're all here for you Kook-ah... Please don't shut yourself out of it."

"Hyung don't-"

"I'm not Koo-"

"I SAID DON'T LIE" Jungkook exclaimed, his voice clearly cracking in pain. Pain from the inside. 

This turned the heads of his class mates though and the expressions they had were radiating concern. They could see the pain flood into Jungkook's face but they also saw it go away in just that instance before Jungkook headed out to the car (which Yoongi bought before he could graduate so he could learn to use it properly - or so was his excuse) , leaving Yoongi to explain the situation to Jimin while the duo followed Jungkook out.

In the car

Jungkook was seated near the window, his head on the glass as he blasted the music loud into his ears. He had been meaning to meet Youngji and his other school mates in Busan some time. Just to relive the memories. There weren't much with said person, but she was part of his life. The same age as him. She was quiet and nice, boisterous sometimes and had a pretty good sense of humor sometimes too. No. She couldn't have just.... Gone. She had so much too live for. Just like he did. They were the same age. 

He looked through her profile and there were no signs of activity, but she wasn't too active in general so that didn't say much. He scrolled down his newsfeed and saw nothing. So, he denied the news and slightly seethed in anger for Yoongi Hyung to pull such a prank on him.

What he didn't notice was the Jimin and Yoongi's concerned looks towards him since he was too busy staring out the window, lost in his thoughts. 

In the dorm

It was time for everyone to go to bed. Jungkook looked through his social media just one last time before he went to sleep just to confirm. But that was what brought on a huge wave of emotions in him. He was doing fairly well till then. He was smiling and joking around with Jimin even if his head was caught up in the thought of his friend. He would call up the girl but he didn't have her number. But having seen all these messages his other friends were putting on their social media made his chest tighten a little. He didn't want to accept it now. He kept the phone down on the bedside table before he snuggled himself to sleep. But that was all he could do. He could only pretend like everything was okay and it didn't happen. Deep down, however, he knew that it was all real.

After a few hours of tossing on his bed that suddenly seemed uncomfortable and not because of his thoughts, he got out of said mattress in frustration (quietly of course, since he didn't want to wake Jimin up).

He settled himself on the couch, mobile in hand as he scrolled through the messages, making him let out a soft sigh. He the TV on mute so he co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter