1/1

Coffee, Tea and Tattoos

It was a normal Sunday for Sehun. He was just serving a few old ladies in the coffee shop while waiting for two people to walk into the cafe. They had been coming here every Sunday for over 2 years already. One of them was a blonde girl. She had a small body frame and Sehun couldn’t deny that this was probably one of the most pretty girls he had ever seen. The other was a small boy with light auburn hair and really pretty eyes, surrounded by a thin line of kohl most of the time.

Sehun assumed they were a couple, since he had seen them share small kisses from time to time and hold hands above the table. They were probably one of Sehun’s favorite customers. Both of them always kindly greeted him, thanked him and Sehun liked looking at them. They looked like they were the happiest couple in the word, until today... The boy was alone this time.

 

All those times Sehun had seen him come here, his girlfriend had always been with him. They’d always walk in hand in hand, or one of his arms wrapped around her shoulder or waist. But not this time, this time it was just him and something under his arm that looked like a notebook.

He sat down on his normal table, putting the notebook in front of him. As usual Sehun walked over to the table to get their, or in this case, his order.

“Hey, what can I get you today? The Usual.”

“Yeah.. yeah thank you.”

He always ordered an Americano. She usually wanted an Ice Coffee but Sehun didn’t have to make that one this time. He walked back to the bar and prepared the boy’s coffee, placing it on his serving tray before walking back.

“Here you are, enjoy.”

The boy thanked him silently and started writing in his notebook. He sat there for almost an hour, just slowly drinking his coffee and writing before he left some money on the table and left.

 

Sehun thought that maybe his girlfriend was sick or something or something came in between, but the following weeks she still wasn’t there. Since that one time it had always been the auburn boy on his own, always writing in his notebook and leaving after finishing his one coffee.

Sehun was curious and wanted to ask what happened, but the boy was a costumer, and he shouldn’t get involved with their business.

 

It had been the 6th time already that the boy had come on his own. Sehun walked over to his table with his usual order and placed it in front of the boy. Normally he would walk away, but lately he had been wondering more and more what was going on with him. Even after working hours Sehun would worry about the boy, wondering what had happened.

“I’m sorry but why are you standing there?”

“Sorry, that was impolite…” he hadn’t realized he had been standing there for so long already. He figured now was the time to man up and just go for it. “I was just wondering if you mind if I’d sit with you for a moment.”

“Uhm.. sure. Take a seat.”

He closed his notebook when Sehun took the chair opposite of him. He didn’t really think this through and had no idea how to begin. The first thing he wanted to know was the boy’s name, so Sehun figured just to start with that.

“I’m Sehun by the way.”

“Baekhyun.” the boy said, holding his hand out over the table to shake Sehun’s.

Baekhyun… so that was his name. Sehun didn’t want to be rude and immediately asked about the girl so he decided to talk about something else.

“What were you writing? I’m sorry, I’m just a bit curious.”

“It’s okay.” Baekhyun gave him a small smile. “I’m just writing a story.”

“Are you a writer?”

“I’m a journalist, but I’d love to write a book one day. What about you? Is this only your job in the weekends, or do you work here more often?”

“I actually own this place.”

“You.. you own this?” Sehun saw Baekhyun eyeing him, and he couldn’t blame him.

Sehun didn’t really look like someone who would own a place like this. He was only 22, but that wasn’t the most remarkable thing about him. One of his arms and his chest were covered in tattoos. Not only that but both his ears and lower lip were pierced, those were remains from his rebellious high school days. But he liked them, and they looked good along with his tattoos so he never removed them.    

“I-I didn’t expect that.”

“Don’t worry, I get that a lot.” Sehun chuckled.

“So you own this, but you still serve customers?”

“Yeah, I like the contact with people. Besides I don’t wanna be in a dusty office all day, I love the atmosphere here in the cafe.”

“That’s actually quite adorable.” Baekhyun gave the other a warm smile and Sehun thought he felt his heart skip a beat.

 

That had been the first of many talks between the two. Every Sunday Baekhyun visited, Sehun would bring him his Americano and got another drink for himself, joining the older boy on the table. That was what Sehun had found out in the past weeks. Baekhyun was 2 years older than him, so he called him ‘hyung’ now. He also also found out Baekhyun liked singing, watching movies and was into video games, like Sehun himself.

Sehun noticed Baekhyun wasn’t taking his notebook with him anymore. Whenever he walked into the cafe Sehun would immediately get their drinks and sat down with him. They talked about everything, except that one thing... But Sehun couldn’t hold his curiosity any longer.

“Hyung can I ask you something?”

“Sure, anything you want Sehun.”

“The girl you used to come here with, she’s your girlfriend right?” Baekhyun was just about to take a sip of his Americano, but put it down again.

“Yes. She was….”

Sehun noticed Baekhyun replied with ‘was’. He wasn’t surprised by this, he already had a feeling that was the reason she wasn’t coming with him anymore.

“What happened?”

“She didn’t have feelings for me anymore.”

“That . It’s always a shame when that happens.” Sehun had one of these relationships himself. He dated a girl from his high school for a few months, but near the ending of their relationship he didn’t feel anything for her anymore, that’s also when he found out he was gay…

“I was sad about it for a while. Until I found out she’d been sleeping with one of my friends while we still had something.”

Sehun didn’t really know what to say to that. “I-I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. Anyways, are you in a relationship Sehun?”

“I’m not. I don’t really have time for it anyways so I don’t mind.”

The last time Sehun was in a relationship was before he started this coffee shop. Since then he was working so much here he didn’t have time to go on dates. He also didn’t really like going out to clubs to meet people, but he didn’t mind. Of course someone by his side would be nice but for now he was happy this way.

“Really? I’m surprised. I’m sure all the girls are lining up for you.”

“I mean… I notice a lot of female customers flirting with me but…”

Because Sehun never really dated a boy no one really knew he was gay. So yes, a lot of the time he had young female costumes they would end up asking for his number. He always kindly denied it, making the excuse of not being allowed to take numbers during work time, even if he was the owner of the place.

“But what?”

“I’m not really into girls, if you know what I mean.”

He had expected for Baekhyun to be surprised, but he was anything but that.

“I see. Well I’m sure you’re wanted by a lot of guys too. Look at yourself. You’re tall with a nice body, very handsome, you’re well mannered, I’ve even seen you act cute sometimes..” Sehun tried to turn his head to the side, hiding the slight blush on his face but he couldn't look away when he felt Baekhyun his arm that was laying on the table.

“... and those tattoos. Damn even I can’t deny they look ing y on you. Do they have any meaning?”

Sehun shyly pulled his arm from Baekhyun’s touch. “Not really. There is one that I put there for my little sister, she passed away when she was really young...” Sehun pointed at a rose on his upper arm. “... That was the first one I got. After that I got more just because I thought it looked pretty.”

“I’m really sorry to hear that, but that’s a nice tattoo you got for her. Are you gonna get more?”

“Probably, but not for now. People already look at me weird when I walk outside now.”

“So what? them. You like them and you look so good with them.”

“T-thanks…” Sehun blushed again.

“Anyways, it’s time for me to go now. I need to visit my mother quickly before I start making dinner.”

“I should get back to work also.” They both stood up and Baekhyun put on his coat.   

“Sehun, what time do you finish up here?”

“Uhm well… we close at 5pm so after cleaning and all it’s around 6 most of the time before we can go home.”

“Would you… would you maybe like to come have dinner at my place. So we can talk a bit more.”

“Uhm yeah... sure.” Sehun was a bit stunned by Baekhyun’s request. But he liked spending time with the other, so he happily said yes.

“Great! Here is my number.” Baekhyun handed him a small business card. “Text me so I have your number and I’ll send you my address.”

“Sure, I will.”

“Alright, see you tonight Sehun.” Sehun stood frozen in his spot when Baekhyun hugged him before leaving the shop.

 

Sehun stood in front of Baekhyun’s apartment door and somehow he was nervous. He was just gonna have dinner with at his friend’s place, nothing to be nervous about right?

“Hi hyung.”

“Sehun! You’re here. Come in.” Baekhyun motioned for him to come in.

“I hope you can forgive me that I didn’t cook dinner myself.” Sehun followed Baekhyun to his kitchen where the table was already set for 2 people. “I remembered you saying you like sushi, and let’s just say I’m not that good at cooking, so I just ordered some sushi for us.”

Sehun sat down at the table while Baekhyun started bringing all the food to the table. “That’s okay hyung. I’m impressed you remembered that.”

“I don’t even know why I did Sehun. Somehow I remember all of our conversations like it was yesterday.”

Weirdly, Sehun felt like that too. He regularly talked to customers, a lot of the regulars liked to talk to him about their personal lives while enjoying a cup of coffee. But he hardly ever remembered any of that, but he knew every little detail about Baekhyun. From him telling that he once fell into a pond when he was 5 to noticing the small mole on his thumb.

 

During dinner they just continued their conversation like they always did in the cafe. Talking about the past, the present, their hobbies, families, everything. Sehun did notice Baekhyun looked a bit uptight all the time, he was slightly shifting in his chair and stuttered sometimes. He decided not to pay too much attention to it, maybe he just was just feeling a bit unwell.

 

When they finished all the food Sehun stayed for a little longer. They were sitting next to each other in the living room, laughing at each others silly stories while having a glass of red wine in their hand.

“Sehun I feel like you’re trying to fool me right now. You’re trying to tell me you don’t like coffee?”

“I swear I’m not lying. I hate the taste.”

“Then why the hell did you ever start a coffee shop?”

“I’ve always wanted to start a cafe, just not a coffee one.”

“What did you want to do then?”

“Hyung, promise me you won’t laugh when I tell you.”

Baekhyun turned his smile into a serious face “I promise Sehunnie.”

“I wanted to start a bubble tea store…”

Sehun saw Baekhyun had trouble holding in his laugh. His body was slightly shaking and he pressed his mouth closed to not make any sound.

“Hyung you promised not to laugh!” he slapped Baekhyun’s arm playfully.

“I’m sorry Sehun, you just are so cute. You’re looks really are the opposite of your personality. But seriously, why didn’t you?”

“I didn’t have much money. I was 20 when I told my parents the idea, I need funding form them because I couldn’t start it on my own. They supported me in the idea of a cafe, but they were scared my business would fail, so I only got their money if I would start a more stable company, which would be a coffee shop.”

“You can always open another store right? Or just add it to the menu in this cafe.”

“I can, I want to. But I wanna save money to expand my current shop first, it’s bees so busy lately I need to hire more people and expand. So when that’s out of the way I can actually look at new possibilities with bubble tea.”

“It is weird to hear someone talking about coffee and tea with such passion.”

Sehun hit Baekhyun for the second time.

“What? It’s true. Sehun you’re really funny, I enjoy spending time with you.”

“Is that why you keep coming back?”

Sehun was serious all of a sudden. It was something that had been on his mind for a while now. Why did Baekhyun keep coming back to the cafe when there was no girl in front of him anymore. He used to go on dates there, but why did he keep coming back on his own.

“What do you mean...”

“When you broke up with your girlfriend, why did you keep coming in your own.”

Baekhyun took a sip from is wine and placed his glass on the table, looking down at his hands.

“I don’t know… it’s kind of a habit. I was writing a love story at that moment, I thought going back there would remind me of the good moments I spend there with my girlfriend but it didn’t. You know, that day you came to sit with me for the first time, I had actually promised myself that that would be the last time I would visit. The cafe only kept reminding me of her and it made me sad, sometimes even angry. But then you came, you made me wanna return every week.”

Baekhyun was still looking down and Sehun thought he could see the older ones eyes get watery. He gently places his hand on Baekhyun’s arm, rubbing it slowly to comfort him.

“Hyung…”

“Sehun, thank you. For getting me out that sad state. Every week I looked forward to the last day, the day where I would be able to talk to you, be around you...”

Sehun didn’t know why, or when he decided to do this, but he placed one hand under Baekhyun’s chin, lifting his face to make eye contact with him. He leaned in slowly and softly pressed his own lips on Baekhyun’s. He felt the other hesitated a bit but eventually react to the kiss, moving his lips along with Sehun’s. After a few seconds they both slowly pulled away, and only then Sehun realized what he had just done...

He had just kissed his hyung, while Baekhyun wasn’t even gay. He probably scared the small boy to death by doing this. He knew he made a mistake so he just stood up from the couch and grabbed his coat. He ignored Baekhyun’s silent cries and just made sure to leave the apartment as fast as he could.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t there for the next few weeks. Sehun waited for him every Sunday, but he didn’t show up. He tried calling him, but he never answered.

This week Sehun didn’t expect anything different. It was going to be the 5th week after the ‘accident’ and he already had given up hope that the boy would come. So when he actually saw a short boy with eyeliner walk in, his eyes widened in surprise. He sat down at his usual table and Sehun knew what to do. He never made an Americano this fast, almost spilling water all over the floor behind the bar while doing so.

“Hyung…” Sehun slowly sat down, hoping the boy wouldn’t leave when he did.

“I got you something.”

Baekhyun grabbed a paper bag he brought inside and pulled out a large cup, filled with something Sehun knew he would love.

“Bubble tea...”

“I made it myself, so I hope it tastes good.”

Sehun grabbed the cup, took a sip and smiled. It was delicious, so Baekhyun did remember strawberry was his favorite flavor.

“It’s really good.”

“I missed you so much Sehun…” Baekhyun suddenly said. “I’m sorry for not answering your calls or anything, I-I needed time to think.”

“It’s okay hyung, I get it. I’m sorry for what I did.”

“No Sehun don’t be. Actually that made me think about everything, it kinda opened my eyes.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know how it happened, but over time I fell for you. But I never liked a guy in a romantic way and it scared me, I didn’t even know if you liked me back. But when you kissed me I knew… I knew damn well I did like you in that way and you felt the same.”

“Hyung… I don’t know what to say.”

Sehun himself also realized what had been going on between them. It had seems like a normal relationship between friends, and it was that way in the beginning. But Sehun also noticed things had changed in that time. He realized he wanted to see Baekhyun every day, not just on Sunday. He wanted to touch the other, touch him to let him know he cares about him, but also in dirty ways. The kiss was just a sign from his body to make him realize what he felt for the other.

“Sehun, will you go on a date with me? A proper one?”

 

One year later

Today was the grand opening of the new building. The business had been doing so well he had to move to a different part of the city, to a building with more space. Instead of a small cafe at the edge of the city he own a large place in the middle of the center now with a big terrace attached to it.

“I am so proud of you Sehunnie.” Baekhyun walked over to him and pecked him on his cheek. “Look at what you’ve accomplished.”

“Hey, don’t forget you’ve helped me so much. Your bubble tea recipe got so popular so quickly, I don’t even know how you did it.”

“Trust me Sehun even I don’t know.” Baekhyun laughed.

One of the workers called Baekhyun back to the kitchen, so after giving his boyfriend a quick kiss he hurried of to the back of the cafe.

Sehun never thought things would turn out this way. His cafe was doing better than ever before, his boyfriend was happier since he quit his job as journalist and came to help in the cafe too, everything was perfect.

Baekhyun came running back through the kitchen doors and took his boyfriend into a back hug, at which Sehun let out a small whine of pain.

“Ooh I’m sorry Hun, I forgot.”

Baekhyun quickly released him, forgetting the younger had just gotten a new tattoo on his arm which he probably just touched while hugging him, it was only normal it still hurt.

“What did you choose anyways? You haven’t shown me yet.”

Sehun already started chuckling and Baekhyun wondered why. Sehun lifted his sleeve and displayed his arm in front of Baekhyun.

“Take a look.”

Baekhyun searched but Sehun’s whole arm was covered, making it hard for him. But suddenly he noticed there was one small darker spot on the underside of his arm, close to his wrist. He leaned closer and realized it was a really small tattoo, one of a cup of bubble tea wit ha small ‘B’ in the middle.

“I hate you so much… you’re such a kid.”  


a/n I wrote this is a few hours so sorry if it . Somehow Sebaek, tattoos and coffee came up in my mind and well.. here it is. 

Thanks for reading! Comments and upvotes are really appriciated, they keep me motivated to write out more of these random ideas that I get. I just love Sebaek so much ugh... I cold write about them all day.

If you like Sebaek feel free to check out my other stories. They're all M rated so if you don't like I'm sorry :/

So yeah, don't forget to comment what you thought about it, I guess I'll see you guys soon with more Sebaek oneshots, or longer stories :)

<3