unreel one

Unreel

It was a typical day for Go Eun. As soon as she finished her schedules, which aren't that much of a hectic one - just photoshoots and cf and stuffs - she went home still tired from the activities. After Cheese In The Trap, she decided to take a break for a while and cherish her resting days. And if ever a good opportunity passes by, she promised to embrace it and work harder... again.

 

 

Just as she was about to doze off while lying down on the sofa, her phone vibrated. She immediately rose up and picked up her phone to see the caller's name.

 

 

Manager-nim

 

 

She answered the call and was greeted by a squealing manager.

 

 

"Go Eun ssi! I have very good news for you!" Kim Go Eun instantly smiled as she already knew what that good news was.

 

 

"Aigoo. My break time's over, am I right?" She said as her smile is still visible on her lips. Her manager squealed again and this time, it made her chuckle.

 

 

"Manager-nim, please calm down. Jebal," she said amidst the chuckles.

 

 

"Okay, okay. So here it is. This is a very big project, Go Eun-ah. Gong Yoo-ssi will be a part of it!" Go Eun almost dropped her phone upon hearing his name.

 

 

"Bwo?" She asked, as if she heard wrong.

 

 

"Gong Yoo is on this one! He will be your leading man!" Her manager blurted out with so much anticipation and of course, happiness.

 

 

"Omo. Eottokhae?" Go Eun whispered. That was the only thing she said after hearing Gong Yoo's name. Her manager hang up the phone because as she was not answering anymore.

 

 

What she didn't know was that Go Eun was already jumping on her bed. Giggling with delight and excitement. Why? Because Gong Yoo was her ultimate crush ever since she started to be a part of this industry. She could not hide the excitement and happiness she was feeling. Because she already wished for this one to happen a very long time ago. Now, her wish just came true.

 

 

Go Eun's smile was then turned into a frown when she saw a text message from her long-term boyfriend.

 

 

Go Eun-ah, mianhaeyo but I will be busy for the upcoming days. Is it too much if I ask you for a cool-off? I can't work properly because you are bothering me with your annoying comments and nags. Please do understand. Wait for me."

 

 

She lay down on bed, all the happiness and excitement a while ago draining from her system. He became like this for the past couple of weeks. He started to push Go Eun away from him with the same reason all over again. Even though Go Eun knew that he's not that busy, she just shrug it off and got used to his excuses.

 

 

Go Eun sighed and wiped away her tears. She tapped her own shoulders.

 

 

"Gwaenchanayo, Go Eun ah. If that's what he's wishing to happen, grant it then. You deserve better," she smiled to herself and thought about just working hard and make herself feel better and to value herself even more. She looked at the message all over again and started typing "Just get to the point and let's just break up..." but deleted it afterwards because she knew he doesn't need her replies and doesn't even want to hear her talking at the moment. Go Eun sighed deeply and just decided to sleep.

 

 

Beep beep

 

 

Go Eun flopped off the bed and looked at the clock beside her. It was already 8:30 AM and she hasn't even prepared and showered yet! Today was the meeting and of course the very first script reading for her upcoming drama together with Gong Yoo. She smiled upon mentioning his name and hurriedly went to freshen up.

 

 

"Go Eun-ah! Eodiyeo? The director wants all of us to have a meal first before we proceed to the first script reading," her manager blurted out once she answered her call.

 

 

"Aish. Noisy as ever." She is currently driving towards the venue and asked her manager if she could wait without nagging for about 15 minutes. Her manager just laughed.

 

 

As soon as she got on the restaurant, her manager was waiting for her outside, anxious yet excited. She hugged her and checked up on her face and clothes.

 

 

"Did you put make-up?" Manager-nim asked her doubting if she did because it's not visible and her eyes are swollen.

 

 

"Waeyo? Do I look ugly?" She asked worried.

 

 

"No. You look fine... except for your eyes. Did something happen?" Go Eun felt guilty because she made her manager worried for her. She just sighed and smiled.

 

 

"We'll talk later. C'mon let's get inside. I bet they're waiting."

 

 

Both of them went inside and the staffs clap their hands, including the actors/actresses present upon seeing the arrival of Kim Go Eun. She let out her famous eye-smile that could light up the room and of course, all the people around her.

 

 

"Go Eun-ssi, please sit beside Gong Yoo," the PD-nim said. Go Eun looked at the seat and to the person who was already sitting a few inches away from where the producer pointed. Go Eun couldn't help but admire Gong Yoo inside her mind. He was wearing a simple sweater and pants, but still, he looks handsome as usual.

 

 

Gong Yoo caught her gaze and smiled- a very rare smile he used to show. Go Eun, guilty of being caught, looked down as she felt her face fuming with embarrassment. She coughed and met his gaze once again, which did not falter even though she looked away. This time, she made sure to return the smile and bow as a sign of respect. He is older than her anyway. Gong Yoo tapped the vacant seat beside him and Go Eun immediately walked up towards him and sat beside him. Like they were already close or something.

 

 

"Hello, Go Eun-ssi. Gong Yoo imnida," he greeted and bowed. Go Eun seemed to forgot how to speak because of the sudden communication, but managed to utter a reply, "Gong Yoo ahjussi, annyeong. Kim Go Eun imnida," she replied awkwardly.

 

 

Gong Yoo laughed because of her response.

 

 

"Andwae. Don't call me ahjussi. Please do call me by my name. I like it more thay way because calling me ahjussi makes me feel old," he said amidst his chuckles.

 

 

"Omo. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way though," she said hiding the embarrassment from her face.

 

 

"Don't be nervous when you're talking to me because I should be the one nervous when I'm this close to you," Gong Yoo responded as a whisper which made Go Eun smile and giggle faintly.

 

 

"Okay! Assuming that everyone's here, please eat well for we still have a long day ahead of us," the PD-nim announced.

 

 

They dig into the meal. However, Gong Yoo and Go Eun's attention weren't focused on the meal that was in front of them. Instead, they were too busy talking with each other, whishpering compliments and raising up their expectations for one another.

 

 

"I will work hard to meet you expectations about me, Go Eun-ah," Gong Yoo said with so much determination.

 

 

"Hmmm... Let's see then," Go Eun teased, "I, too, will work hard so that I won't disappoint you and your expectations about me." They shook their hands and wished well for each other.

 

 

After their meal, they proceeded to the TVN building and started their script reading. They finished around 1 AM and as they bid farewell, Go Eun walked towards her car on the parking lot, unaware that someone was following her. As soon as she was about to get inside her car, a very familiar voice called out her name.

 

 

"Go Eun-ah!" Go Eun immediately stopped on her tracks and looked towards him.

 

 

"See you on the first day of filming. Fighting!" And he ran off to the other side of the parking lot. Go Eun was dazed.

 

 

Gong Yoo was just her ultimate crush in this industry. She admired him for his very professional acting but she seemed rather confused. Why is her heart racing so fast? She shook her head.

 

 

"Let's go home, uri Go Eun. You're just tired," she whispered to herself.